More Sparks on Morrissey (new interview video)

"We hate to even take part in the controversy."

Uh-huh. Then maybe just don't? If you hate it?
And Wagner? Seriously?

Listen to it. It's a masterpiece.
the word masterpiece is used far too frequently these days,use great dont use masterpiece.
its like national treasure,past treasures were olivier,geilgud,vera lynn.these days its kylie and stephen fry.

The for Britain group are bad news I think, watched a few of their videos and the main woman as well as most of those who comment blame everything on muslims and praise Trump like he's a hero. I think if you follow these groups though and watch their stuff regularly it's probably easy to fall for what they are saying. They make a few good points but most of it is angry, prejudice and just depressing to me. Morrissey is obviously an angry man but I don't think he's a racist, I hope not anyway.

And mostly true. You left that bit out.

the word masterpiece is used far too frequently these days,use great dont use masterpiece.
its like national treasure,past treasures were olivier,geilgud,vera lynn.these days its kylie and stephen fry.

Thanks for the lecture but in my opinion it's not simply "great" but a masterpiece. There's no record by any other artist that sounds even remotely the same.

🤒

FFS will someone put a belt around Sparks mouth so they stop babbling on the youtube FFS :blushing:
babble babble babble like a couple of 80 yr old gay turkeys.🦃🦃

Loving the folks on here "Sparks, yeah, they used to be OK, then they fell out with Moz, and my misplaced loyalty means I now have to say, against my better judgement, that to a particular degree I'm not willing to otherwise specify, they're rubbish"

I’ve got to agree with thee here Pete.
Look no further than know all ‘girl afraid will, will never learn. Joined a year ago and spends 22 hours a day on here giving her pointless opinion. Sparks speak up, GA,WNL jumps up off the settee to roar. Top fan, that. Been to a couple of gigs and preaches to the sick and lame. Kimono to my house, indeed xx

Still don't get why these guys don't just call Moz and talk to'em.
Especially since they keep gettin' asked about him.

It sounds to me they gave very intentional non-answers.
Russell "I used the buzzword of the day, did you hear that? Can we talk about how much I work out, now??"
Ron "I can't comment but here's a monologue about an artist we can all agree was problematic."

If they have spoken with him about it, I wouldn't expect them acknowledge that and try to explain by speaking on Moz's behalf.
They keep their personal shit away from the public, hard to imagine them publicly going into Morrissey's opinions.

Sparks are the greatest band of the 70s. Maybe not in terms of impact, but musically they knock T.Rex, Bowie, the Sex Pistols and so in into a cocked hat. Kimono My House, Propaganda, Indiscreet and Big Beat can sit pretty smugly next to the four Smiths albums.

Sparks are the greatest band of the 70s. Maybe not in terms of impact, but musically they knock T.Rex, Bowie, the Sex Pistols and so in into a cocked hat. Kimono My House, Propaganda, Indiscreet and Big Beat can sit pretty smugly next to the four Smiths albums.
Not if Wish You Were Here, Dark Side Of The Moon, Animals and The Wall turn up and piss on your bonfire.

Wow. That’s great.

There was Rock Follies & Rock Follies 77 about a girl band trying to make it in the macho world of rock - & then a sort of follow up in the 80s about a rock star turning 40 & falling apart in a Stately Home.

It's really all theatre people sitting about wondering what's more important - art, politics or money.

It's money.

There was Rock Follies & Rock Follies 77 about a girl band trying to make it in the macho world of rock - & then a sort of follow up in the 80s about a rock star turning 40 & falling apart in a Stately Home.

It's really all theatre people sitting about wondering what's more important - art, politics or money.

It's money.

As a kid, I always wondered what Rula Lenska did when she wasn’t on Celebrity Squares or some such quiz show. Now I know.

In their sixth decade, Hippopotamus and Steady Drip are proof of Sparks excellence. If that creepy journalist hadn't brought up Mozz they wouldn't have had to say anything. I'm sure Russ regrets ever mentioning it in the first place. Sparks interviews blow. Ron is a boring cutie. Shut up Russ.

Sparks have never been on any Best Of lists besides Morrissey's. Ever. They were never his friend. I picture them goofing on him all along.

My YouTube rabbit hole led me to James Baldwin in a theatre in 1987!

I wonder if Moz saw the play or knew about it? Sounds like his kind of thing - incoherent sexuality & trying to escape the merciless judgement of the world.

It was The Amen Corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom