More Smiths from Alain - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

He comments: "The Queen Is Dead was by far the best album of the 80's. 31 years ago but this song was not on it. Got 2 amps rigged up I wish I had this set up in Moz when I played in the band. Nothing I can't tackle now. When I finally come out and play solo I'll be back with a vengeance. Got a lot of material in the works. Maybe Stadium covers this one."

Original FB link, for those that can see it:

Sorely missed.
Alain remains just one of the best collaborators.
A genuine, friendly guy in 'real' life too.
Regards,
FWD.

Don't know why exactly, but it felt a bit less impressive then the " How Soon Is Now" guitar line.
Maybe it has to do with that line having a more song identifying character. Not really a solo but nailing the song.

And the guitar line from "That Joke" being a more accompanying line. Don't know how to put it. Hope I'm making some sense.

It still impresses me how he can put those sounds together, using that equipment, the guitar sound and the sustain and giving the impression he might go for a smoke on the balcony and return back just in time to add some more strokes on the guitar while in the meantime the sustain and sound form a perfect harmony. :thumb:

I just might die with a smile on my face !
Thanks to Al !:thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Oh Martin !
So much to answer for.

Karma will catch up with you and your wife ! Just wait and see !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

As I think he is a very nice guy and also very modest I can sort of understand why he does these improvised Smiths guitar tunes that aren't his accords but I think he is a bit too modest and he himself has a wealth of great guitar lines that are absolutely brilliant.

I hope he does show some more but then of his own.
I'm not asking for Southpaw Grammar cause that is the holy grail.
But he made so much more and it would be great to hear and see him doing some of his own guitarlines too!
Just saying.

'The Queen Is Dead was by far the best album of the 80's.'

thanks for the plug Alain ! :thumb:

Is Alain doing promotions for M now? or was that just coincidence?

'The Queen Is Dead was by far the best album of the 80's.'

thanks for the plug Alain ! :thumb:

Is Alain doing promotions for M now? or was that just coincidence?

Without Alain we wouldn't have a lot of those wonderful songs from Morrissey's solo career. I don't know why you're so sarcastic. If Morrissey told you to jump, you'd ask him how high. Honestly. No need to be so snarky. He's better than Jesse could do any day. Sorry. It only hurts because it's true...

Where were you during 1991-2004?

Why is he posting these videos? So weird. Maybe post songs he wrote?
Why can't these people move on?

Without Alain we wouldn't have a lot of those wonderful songs from Morrissey's solo career. I don't know why you're so sarcastic. If Morrissey told you to jump, you'd ask him how high. Honestly. No need to be so snarky. He's better than Jesse could do any day. Sorry. It only hurts because it's true...

Where were you during 1991-2004?

Oh hand in glove,
You are a dear and kind person!
I like it you defend Alain Whyte and I completely understand and agree but there is a strange coincidence here.

Don't know if Freud's statement about accidents that don't exist also happens to be about coincidence that doesn't exist either, which was quoted by Moz in his statement ref. The Queen Is Dead, but it is a coincidence that could be ignored. Or not.

That's why I hope Alain will do something similar but with his own guitar lines.
:thumb:

This is all quite bizarre. Who's he trying to impress?
It's almost like he's trolling Morrissey. Hope he's OK.

Stop taking it all too seriously folks. He got a new piece of kit, and did two Smiths songs that have looping reverbs on them. Enjoy the music.

Sorry was alain in the smiths? Did he write how soon and that joke? Why doesnt he play his own tracks? And why doesnt stadium promote their own songs instead of clinging onto someone elses

He comments: "The Queen Is Dead was by far the best album of the 80's. 31 years ago but this song was not on it. Got 2 amps rigged up I wish I had this set up in Moz when I played in the band. Nothing I can't tackle now. When I finally come out and play solo I'll be back with a vengeance. Got a lot of material in the works. Maybe Stadium covers this one."

Original FB link, for those that can see it:

Sorry was alain in the smiths? Did he write how soon and that joke? Why doesnt he play his own tracks? And why doesnt stadium promote their own songs instead of clinging onto someone elses

Might feel egotistical to play his own songs in these kinda clips. He's also I'm sure a fan like anybody else. Probably enjoys talking about the smiths as much as any of us here do

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom