More Smiths from Alain - That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore

He comments: "The Queen Is Dead was by far the best album of the 80's. 31 years ago but this song was not on it. Got 2 amps rigged up I wish I had this set up in Moz when I played in the band. Nothing I can't tackle now. When I finally come out and play solo I'll be back with a vengeance. Got a lot of material in the works. Maybe Stadium covers this one."

Original FB link, for those that can see it:

I once had a dream and it never came true:
Moz: bring back Alain now. You are a time machine and you have the power to pick up all the broken pieces from the past and make something new with it. Bring back Alain, get rid of half of your current band, and make a record with Stephen Street. Ask Johnny to guest play on one of the songs and release that one song for charity. Then get a decent support act (Suede!) and tour the hell out of it.

Don't be so testy Woody. Those songs and the Arsenal tour shows were amazing, one of the best bands M has had was in 92, and still has not yet been beat.

If I'm only kidding, I'll put a little 'winking' emoji after,which I thought everyone knows what that means. Some posts I don't and will leave open to interpretation. I never stated it was a 'fact', there are so few facts posted here (compared to speculation and opinion)on solo. I think Alain left and was not 'sacked', isn't this true?
I was at that Dublin concert where Alain played for the last time. Had I known i would have grabbed him by the ankles and begged him to stay. The Moz army is 50% less effective since Alain left. But I'd say he was a saint to put up with all the diva behaviour for so long.

Didn't hurt at all. Why would it?

Why don't you clue us in? Chicken?
Fried chicken is nice and I usually have it with my black bros but for some reason after we've eaten I am the only one ending up in the pool.

giphy.gif

I was at that Dublin concert where Alain played for the last time. Had I known i would have grabbed him by the ankles and begged him to stay. The Moz army is 50% less effective since Alain left. But I'd say he was a saint to put up with all the diva behaviour for so long.

'put up with all the diva behavior for so long.'

yes I agree, Boz is a bit of a 'diva', but I don't think that was entirely why Alain left the band.

It seems like an audition tape.

That was my first impression too.
As it "seemed" to appear right after the first speculations of Moz recording in Rome.
And I hoped it was going to be a succesful one!

But the explanation Uncleskinny gave is more likely now, to me.
He has a new "kit".
And showed what he can do with it.
Coincidence.

It's just nice to dream about what he could deliver on the album.
I don't mean it would be less without him, it's just an "if" case and purely musically speaking.
He knows many Moz-fans appreciate his guitar playing.
Cheers :thumb:

Morrissey is the Fuhrer and anyone that doesn't follow his every whim gets sacked. He once sacked someone cause that dude had a funny name. The way he has evolved tells me he gets inspiration from well known eccentric divas out there. He has never been himself and has always played a role which is easy to see if you follow him from day one until now.

I have never heard so much hate as I did from locals in Stretford who told me this and that about him. People think his lyrics are just made up but they are his life. He really sat in pubs talking about killing the queen. People were even scared of him and parents told their kids about him and what he was like. The house he lived in was referred to as "the house where THAT ONE lived".

If you said you liked his music people just laughed at you and made gay jokes. I met this man that was Moz's age and every time we met he laughed and made a gay joke about Morrissey. Being the way I am I loved that cause it is just banter (right, 12 slack?).

It irritates the living hell out of me when his fans have this ready made view about him and his life when in all honesty few if any has any clue at all. Morrissey is not a cartoon character for your lost dreams and passions and why the hell americans even care is probably something they should address to their shrink.

Stick to your Motown junk!

I don't understand. Are you suggesting Morrissey may be a closet homosexual who's kept that under wraps in order to sell his music to homophobes?

Blasphemy! f*** Johnny Marr, he ain't all that. Alain is better than Johnny Marr. I hate Johnny.

He's being honest, why are you talking shit about Alain?

This is a weird post. Can Alain NOT like an album because he worked with Moz? Also, Alain is well aware that a lot of his friends on Facebook (fans) like Morrissey/Smiths, why not do Smiths covers? PLEASE BRING ALAIN BACK NOW!

And you know this for a fact, how? Please list details and sources. Thank you very much in advance.

Oh, dear! Now you're using CAPS IN BOLD BLACK to try and get people's attention. Well, you won't get anybody's interest as a result of your insipid comments, will you?

*smirks*

I'm not going to lie. I think Alain would like to be back in the band and I think it's a travesty that he's not. I am a big fan of Alain. Vauxhall is my favorite all time album and I think it is better than anything The Smiths ever did.

How can we possibly know if you're lying or not? And why would we care anyway? On what do you make this assumption that Alain would like to be back in the band? Mind-reading? Reading tea-leaves?

*smirks*

Moron post. Makes no sense. Clear closeted homosexual (nothing wrong with that), but who needs a therapist. Seek help now. Still like you, though.

Why is it clear he's a closeted homosexual? If he is, isn't that rather tragic in 2017? And who needs a therapist or to 'seek help'? Morrissey? Or you? Or both of you?

*thinking*

Oh...my dear...you'd be VERY surprised on how many FACTS are posted here unless UncleSlippery deletes them. There are MANY MANY MANY facts posted here...and lies too. You just have not looked closely enough. I know many things and I don't DARE point you to them because why should I? I am itching to do so, believe me, but as far as I know, right this minute, I have not been "banned" and I don't want to be so I keep my mouth shut for the most part, but believe you me...There are many things in the history of this website that are VERY VERY VERY VERY revealing if you'll but notice and pay attention.
I would love to give ONE example, but I just can't. It would be over the line as it infringes on a friendship and I will not even test it, I just won't. Loyalty means something to me. It actually means everything. So, here we are. It's there. It's all there before you. M gives you hints all the time. I'll leave you with this and listen to me: IT IS ALL THERE, IT IS IN THE f***ING SONGS. Now, you'll roll your eyes at that but if you really study them, you'll find everything that you want to know. Check the interviews too. Keep in mind though, I've been studying him quite exclusively for 25 years and it did NOT come to me overnight. The vernacular takes time but it is there and he has spoken and continues to speak and if you are familiar, it becomes fairly obvious and actually quite disturbing and scary. But, that's why I love him, he's real and raw and deep...the best. No one can touch him and the fact that no one can, this fact, bothers most of them in the extreme but pleases M...to the extreme, I would think. Anyway, I wish I could talk, but I won't so this becomes, perhaps, another "bullshit" post....or does it?

All of the rumors keeping me grounded,
Eddie

Very funny post, this one. You mix and match your CAPS with the BLACK CAPS. It's all a bit of a hot mess but it's quite entertaining. And yes, it's another bullshit posts. All of your posts are bullshit but do carry on as it's quite amusing to WATCH AND LOL!

*smirks*

That was my first impression too.
As it "seemed" to appear right after the first speculations of Moz recording in Rome.
And I hoped it was going to be a succesful one!

But the explanation Uncleskinny gave is more likely now, to me.
He has a new "kit".
And showed what he can do with it.
Coincidence.

It's just nice to dream about what he could deliver on the album.
I don't mean it would be less without him, it's just an "if" case and purely musically speaking.
He knows many Moz-fans appreciate his guitar playing.
Cheers :thumb:
Alain is great and I didn't really mean to put him down. The period he was in the band was the best. And it would alMOST be like you can hear the wheels turning, "Morrissey won't tour forever, he's making a new album, maybe whatever happened is in the past, let's make another classic record before it's too late" sort of thing.
But I imagine Alain doesn't need to try to fit into Morrissey's world anymore. I don't feel like looking it up right now as it's too hot, but I'm pretty sure he got writing credits on some major albums with people like Rihanna where publishing on one song is equal to probably his ten biggest selling songs with Morrissey. He doesn't need the money and it's probably more fun to hang out with Rihanna and smoke weed than to be given a t-shirt "f*** Prince Phillip" or whatever it is this week and hear about the latest record company conspiracy.

Sounds great. I like his interpretation very much. The song is one of Marr's most haunting, especially the outro. So many young summer nights bathing in this one.

I hope Johnny Marr and Alain Whyte would team up, they can divide the vocal duties between the two of them, playing some of the highlights from The Smiths and Morrissey solo material. Andy on bass, Spencer on drums! Then record an album toegther under the name The Moths with new material and tour the hell out of it.

I hope Johnny Marr and Alain Whyte would team up, they can divide the vocal duties between the two of them, playing some of the highlights from The Smiths and Morrissey solo material. Andy on bass, Spencer on drums! Then record an album toegther under the name The Moths with new material and tour the hell out of it.

moths can't do much without the flame. And 'flame' here is spelt...

MORRISSEY.

:tiphat:

He seems a bit bonkers. True, its not the kind of bonkers where not might not trust him to mind you cat but bonkers nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom