More sexist bullshit

L

lightupvirginmary

picture15.jpg

Aren't mens magazines a bore? If I were a man, I'd feel very patronised.
Mind you, women's magazines are just as bad, but at least we are pigeon-holed on the basis we are permanently-dieting celebrity-obsessed handbag obsessives rather than sex-obsessed thickos.

Oh hold on... those both suck.

wow that is really awful . i mean , the chicks not even naked .

oh and a play station controler ? id rather see a wii one . it could be called the wii-ner .

Have they not heard of bluetooth?
Everything is wireless nowadays and uses motion sensing.

How old is this advert? godddd!

picture15.jpg

Aren't mens magazines a bore? If I were a man, I'd feel very patronised.
Mind you, women's magazines are just as bad, but at least we are pigeon-holed on the basis we are permanently-dieting celebrity-obsessed handbag obsessives rather than sex-obsessed thickos.

Oh hold on... those both suck.

Bravo girly! I am in the category of not being a diet-celeb-handbag-muscle men-catwalk fashion obsessed woman. Here here to us!

Re: More tagging bullshit

Who is the skiving slug added tags to this thread?

I think it really depends on the mag.

There are a lot of crappy mens mags out there.. like FHM and those magazines that have almost naked girls but no nudity and absolutely terrible articles.

On the other hand, there are a lot of magazines for men that give good information about things. The difference is that for men, it's ok to be a lot of things that society doesn't allow women to be.

Whenever I read women's magazines they not only want you to be like the models but they are always trying to pin you into the "romantic" corner.

50 Things That Drive Men Wild In Bed!!!

I read these things and I'm always like... "Wow, the guys who date women that follow this advice are going to be pretty bored."

Where are the articles for women that say, "You are a sexual being. You deserve to be completely and utterly satisfied by men that you have no intention of marrying or even seriously dating. Here is how to get what YOU want and feel GREAT about it."

Or how about a headline that says, "How To Get That Man To Leave In The Morning!"

I think that it's Ms. magazine that has a regular feature, where you send them ads like that one, and they'll print them. I suggest that you send it to Ms. And read Ms., if you don't already.

I think it really depends on the mag.

There are a lot of crappy mens mags out there.. like FHM and those magazines that have almost naked girls but no nudity and absolutely terrible articles.

On the other hand, there are a lot of magazines for men that give good information about things. The difference is that for men, it's ok to be a lot of things that society doesn't allow women to be.

Whenever I read women's magazines they not only want you to be like the models but they are always trying to pin you into the "romantic" corner.

50 Things That Drive Men Wild In Bed!!!

I read these things and I'm always like... "Wow, the guys who date women that follow this advice are going to be pretty bored."

Where are the articles for women that say, "You are a sexual being. You deserve to be completely and utterly satisfied by men that you have no intention of marrying or even seriously dating. Here is how to get what YOU want and feel GREAT about it."

Or how about a headline that says, "How To Get That Man To Leave In The Morning!"

I read a womens mag recently that directly contradicted something sexual someone I know likes. It said NEVER DO IT. I will leave it up to the imagination what THAT was.
:)
Disappointed, is Ms magazine american?

Another reminder that some people lack a sense of humor.

Its a really dumb comment. I write a vaguely funny blog, so I think I DO have a sense of humour. I find funny things funny; peep show, russell brand, harry hill. This; not so much. You; never.
If you're spoiling for a fight we can have one, but really, zzzzz.
If you don't like it, get the f*** out. :)

Its a really dumb comment. I write a vaguely funny blog, so I think I DO have a sense of humour. I find funny things funny; peep show, russell brand, harry hill. This; not so much. You; never.

As a matter of fact I was not "spoiling for a fight". I actually do not log on to Morrissey-Solo thinking, "Wow, I can't wait to fight with lightupvirginmary". Sorry.

And unless I get banned from here I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon, thanks. But you acting like you have authority is cute.

you don't think funny things are funny. you think things that you enjoy are funny.

your pseudo feminism doesn't really gel with a good sense of humour for a couple of reasons.

firstly, your opinions of comedy will always be clouded by your oh so sophisticated view of the world and the plight of women in it.

secondly, anyone with militant dogmatic ideas is instantly less susceptible to good comedy. just look at the christian extremists who called for the heads of monty python over life of brian, the christians who sent death threats to stewart lee in response to jerry springer: the opera, and the muslims who had a little cry over those danish cartoons.

also, your blog sucks.

Tags
back to the kitchen blogger admires own blog feminism i hate women iron my shirt and shut it lads mags lowest common denominator naked women? sexism! omg weemonz reading miscomprehension sexism she got a big outie weemonz riiightz women can't ski yawn
Back
Top Bottom