Morrissey Central "MORE-ISSEY" - more U.K. dates announced this week (July 11, 2022)

I wondered about that but thought it might be too small, if it is I will go as it’s a great venue. Saw Adam Ant there, he was brilliant!

Edit, just checked it’s 2000 capacity (never realised that) so you are probably right
It should be half that, if safety means anything to anyone: saw him there in ‘99. Avoid. Actually, even as I write this, I’ve changed my mind. Definitely go.

It should be half that, if safety means anything to anyone: saw him there in ‘99. Avoid. Actually, even as I write this, I’ve changed my mind. Definitely go.
I had a good but sweaty night. Stunned the audience by playing Meat is Murder as I recall. And promised a curious someone he’d never play TCM ever again (if only). Did Mr. A. Ant sell it out?

I had a good but sweaty night. Stunned the audience by playing Meat is Murder as I recall. And promised a curious someone he’d never play TCM ever again (if only). Did Mr. A. Ant sell it out?

Yes and he was excellent. Only odd thing was that he came on really early, we arrived expecting to see the support band but Adam appeared, I think it may be something to do with managing the challenges he’s faced with his mental health.

@Janice i ONLY meant that i wont fly to the UK just to see him in concert. but if he wants to go blazer shopping then fine, so long as it's not on the same day that neil codling wants to go leather jacket shopping.

Really? Also playing with Pearl Jam that night were Andrew Watt and Josh Klinghoffer who both worked on BOT with Moz.

Yes, the presence of various Red Hot Chili Peppers on Bonfire ought to be a badge of disgrace, too, but so far the material refutes this intuition. If Pearl Jam made equally good music for Morrissey, they would be less disgraceful as well.

Janice, I can appreciate if you are a fan of Marr's, but I didn't do anything wrong. Public figures are regularly criticized here without so much as a peep from anyone, except when it comes to Marr (and maybe some people get a litte upset about Moz, but I don't really notice, since it's not usually directed at me - well, I did get a little blowback criticizing how Moz handled the Der Spiegel thing, no big deal tho). His behavior is ridiculous and desperate, esp when he said Moz only wrote that open letter for attention because he doesn't have anything going on, which turned out to be completely false; Moz has a lot going on - solo shows, Cruel World, the Vegas residency and now a UK tour, without an album deal. Johnny has released a double album and cannot tour on it and is making some really unfortunate choices that just highlight his problem.
It is my understanding this site is about the Smiths, Morrissey and anyone in the Smiths, which includes Marr, and it is ok to praise or criticize. He really looks foolish just opening for or jumping on stage for other people's large crowds. It's really hard to believe that in summer in the UK he can't manage some solo gigs to support his new album, but the problem seems to be that when he plays his new songs, the audience just goes silent and they only react positively to the Smiths songs, Electronic songs and covers he does. I also can't believe he can't get some solo gigs here in the US since his ticket prices are so cheap, I think he could continue to do the 1,000 capacity venues. People really do like small, intimate shows esp with nostalgia acts, there is a great market for it.

This is the last time I wish to address it and I wish to end this conversation here, because I won't be changing how I post. Thank you for understanding. :)
He played a series of sold out gigs in May and is touring again in Autumn. He's also appeared at several festivals with more to come both overseas and in the UK (has Morrissey made any festival appearances in the UK lately or has any booked?).

What's interesting is that people here and elsewhere have ridiculed Marr for playing smaller venues, and here's Morrissey doing the same now that his sold out arena days are behind him. Will he be getting the same ridicule, I wonder?

Johnny played a well-received set earlier in the day so at least some of those people were there to see him and his version of the Smiths songs. He did go down a storm playing with Pearl Jam though - did you see that video? He's still an amazing player!
Thanks for that information. Indeed he is still a very good player. It is my belief that it is much harder to forge a successful solo career as a guitarist than a vocalist, as vocals (at times annoyingly - being a guitarist myself) almost always are the main part of an act, somewhat explaining why Morrissey's solo career has been infinitely more successful than Marr's. I also believe Moz is a better lyricist and singer than Marr is a composer and guitarist.

Thanks for that information. Indeed he is still a very good player. It is my belief that it is much harder to forge a successful solo career as a guitarist than a vocalist, as vocals (at times annoyingly - being a guitarist myself) almost always are the main part of an act, somewhat explaining why Morrissey's solo career has been infinitely more successful than Marr's. I also believe Moz is a better lyricist and singer than Marr is a composer and guitarist.
I agree. While I have liked a bit of Johnny's solo stuff it's not even close to what he did with The Smiths. I did see him once live and I had a great time. He played at a small theater in Vermont to a crowd of about 300 people.

I'd see him again if he came around to something like that. I wouldn't dream of paying top dollar to go see him open for the Killers at the Garden in Boston.

Morrissey on the other hand got me on a plane to Vegas for 2 shows in the pit knowing he was going to play songs I'd never heard before and The Smiths would be lightly featured.

I did listen to Johnny's new album.. once.. in the car.. while talking to my wife.

More Morrissey dates, which should get the good children excited, has now become a Johnny Marr topic. Puddled this place. :crazy:

Come on Morrissey, name the time & dates and most of us can share our great excitement 🤡

More Morrissey dates, which should get the good children excited, has now become a Johnny Marr topic. Puddled this place. :crazy:

Come on Morrissey, name the time & dates and most of us can share our great excitement 🤡
My favourite comment on this thread has been the disgruntled poster who is neither Moz nor Marr stating ‘the keyboard player isn’t even sexy’, quite enjoyed that but yes, lots of Anti-Marr vibes going down.

For anyone interested, this morning I managed to get a seat in the stalls at the Palladium for face value on SeeTickets; more may be available.

Yes and he was excellent. Only odd thing was that he came on really early, we arrived expecting to see the support band but Adam appeared, I think it may be something to do with managing the challenges he’s faced with his mental health.
I’ve just looked at his recent set lists: he obviously aims to please. I’m tempted!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom