Montreal, QC - MTELUS (Apr. 29, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girl Afraid / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by FDR

• Photo from @bythewayimmav / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited:

275bd2322382f3225df91a3e3e7ca948.jpg 577a153cba104ed60d5117faafd4e2d7.jpg

Hoping I get noticed by strangers for my time management today,
FWD.

A tweet from one of the above posters says:
"less than 30 mins into tonight’s set in Montreal to name drop an alt-right author that Richard Spencer has endorsed."

Update: possibly that Styxhex chap. Too soon to be specific.

Bit of Starship:

FWD.

Seasick again. I’m not getting the entire setlist, only notable updates via text. He’s played Alma Matters, Sunday also.

Last edited:
Wow...just wow

Suedehead

Is It Really So Strange?

Alma Matters

Hairdresser On Fire

I Wish You Lonely

How Soon Is Now?

I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris

Girl Afraid

Banter: “The bad old days.”

World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Morning Starship

If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me

Banter: “Don’t get your knickers in a twist”

Munich Air Disaster 1958

Back On The Chain Gang

The Bullfighter Dies

Life Is A Pigsty

Jack The Ripper

Seasick, Yet Still Docked

Everyday Is Like Sunday

Something Is Squeezing My Skull

What She Said

Encore:

First Of The Gang To Die

Pics:

FWD.

Wow...just wow
snip...

First Of The Gang To Die
Thanks for this and thank you on behalf of the other places that will use it without doing so.
Can you shed any light on the Styxhex comments alleged to have been made?
Regards,
FWD.

He simply said: «Do you know Styxhexenhammer66» like 4 times. And then, when no one said yes, he ended with: «OK». That’s it!

But, why?

Good show - “Girl Afraid” was definitely unexpected. And sounded really good. I’ll never understand why he insists on playing stuff like “If you don’t like me....” and “Munich air disaster...” and “world peace...” right smack in the middle of the show (or at all, really). It kills the energy in the room for all but 15% of the crowd. And it’s not as though these are special new tour rarites.... he’s been dolling out these songs for 2-5 years.

Yeah yeah...... I know, it’s his show and he can sing what he wants. But just saying these sort of songs don’t really go over very well. Surely there are other songs that would fit his current mood?

Overall, a B.

Last edited:
Thank you both anons.
Apparently said just before HSIN.
I'm not going down that rabbit hole, I just wanted to know if something substantial had been said. The tweeter's added narrative of 'that Richard Spencer has endorsed' is exactly how these things get blown out of proportion.
It does also absolve SER of some of the criticism around this particular person as Morrissey just confirmed being aware of him - so perhaps some of the seemingly trival Morrissey Central stuff isn't just the doting nephew after all.
Thanks again.
I don't come here for political discourse, but wanted to know what he actually said.
Regards,
FWD.

Girl Afraid.

Bit of Seasick, Sunday, Skull & What She Said/RR.

And the encore in full.

FWD.

Thank you both anons.
Apparently said just before HSIN.
I'm not going down that rabbit hole, I just wanted to know if something substantial had been said. The tweeter's added narrative of 'that Richard Spencer has endorsed' is exactly how these things get blown out of proportion.
It does also absolve SER of some of the criticism around this particular person as Morrissey just confirmed being aware of him - so perhaps some of the seemingly trival Morrissey Central stuff isn't just the doting nephew after all.
Thanks again.
I don't come here for political discourse, but wanted to know what he actually said.
Regards,
FWD.
No need to go down any rabbit hole, but it seems drearily obvious that Morrissey is going to be dropping these cop-out "have you heard of...?" remarks throughout the tour. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom