Montevideo - Teatro de Verano (Dec. 17, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / This Charming Man / Staircase At The University / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by catatonia (order not 100%), setlist.fm.

• This Charming Man - review by Leonardo Silveira, photos by Manuel Serra (6 total) - Montevideo Portal. Link posted by catatonia.

Last edited:
3.000 people (or a little more)

Setlist.... (not in order)
Smiths songs:
This charming man,
the queen is dead,
what she said,
meat is murder
how soon is now
Solo:
everyday is like sunday
suedehead
jack the ripper
ganglord
alma matters
speedway
the world is full of crashing bores
let me kiss you
im trowing my arms around paris
i will see you in far off places
first of the gang to die
you have kill me
The bullfighter dies
Kiss me a lot
Staircase at the university...

"Im very happy to be in a heart shape country" Says, (because Uruguay has really a heart shape)
Fantastic performance, great show...as always.

Last edited:
I swear he is aging backwards, floral shirts! He seemed a bit glum , the barrier was really far from the stage, why do they do that?

Smiths songs:
This charming man,
the queen is dead,
what she said,
meat is murder
how soon is now
Solo:
everyday is like sunday
suedehead
jack the ripper
ganglord
alma matters
speedway
let me kiss you
first of the gang to die
you have kill me
The bullfighter dies
Kiss me a lot
Staircase at the university...

"Im very happy to be in a heart shape country" Says, (because Uruguay has really a heart shape)

Looks like a rad setlist.

Smiths songs:
This charming man,
the queen is dead,
what she said,
meat is murder
how soon is now
Solo:
everyday is like sunday
suedehead
jack the ripper
ganglord
alma matters
speedway
let me kiss you
first of the gang to die
you have kill me
The bullfighter dies
Kiss me a lot
Staircase at the university

I am happy Catatonia that you had a great time. By my count, only three songs from WPINOYB...this is a much more balanced set list and one that probably got the crowd more involved. The above periscope of YHKM shows what a powerful, driving pop tune it is. You can really feel the energy of the crowd with everyone moving to the music. I saw him at an outdoor theater in the states and the sound was for s**t. This venue seems well suited for musical productions and it looked like a nice night to be outdoors.

Morrissey said that mexicans had "nice hair". These mexicans don't look like they have nice hair. Anonymous-

I am happy Catatonia that you had a great time. By my count, only three songs from WPINOYB...this is a much more balanced set list and one that probably got the crowd more involved. The above periscope of YHKM shows what a powerful, driving pop tune it is. You can really feel the energy of the crowd with everyone moving to the music. I saw him at an outdoor theater in the states and the sound was for s**t. This venue seems well suited for musical productions and it looked like a nice night to be outdoors.
i think the main reason he plays only 3 songs of wpinoyb, it was that this is the first time he plays here in uruguay...
the show sounds good for me, and the outdoor theatre on a great summer night (no wind, 20c degrees) was perfect to the show.
obiously, some of the audience expect to hear more smiths classics, but we already know that is not possible on this tour...

attendence was 2300 at most with much empty space. tour is sputtering to an end.
his entourage is down to 2 people in a cost cutting measure.

i think the main reason of this setlist, is that he never pays here in uruguay before, thats why he plays most of the solo career hits yesterday...
Some o the audience (who didn't see the previous setlist of the tour) expected to hear more smiths classics....but for really fans, the setlist was great...

Morrissey said that mexicans had "nice hair". These mexicans don't look like they have nice hair. Anonymous-

Yep, and that's why you would love it there, since you are a racist tool. There are plenty of white d*cks in Uruguay for you to drool on.

--------------

On the other hand, great setlist indeed! I'm glad our fellow uruguayans had a good night with Moz... San Francisco needs some of that too! *Anxious*

i think the main reason of this setlist, is that he never pays here in uruguay before, thats why he plays most of the solo career hits yesterday...
Some o the audience (who didn't see the previous setlist of the tour) expected to hear more smiths classics....but for really fans, the setlist was great...

Your English is very good Catatonia. It did look like a lot of fun and for all the talk of Morrissey's aging audience (myself included), it did look like there were quite a few young people in the crowd.

I wish he would pretend he has never been where I live the next time he comes around and play more of his earlier solo stuff. Interesting how people would expect more Smiths songs. Without Marr and the rest of the band I really much prefer his solo material. Plus I don't think his current band does the Smiths stuff justice. His voice is so strong now that something like November Spawned a Monster or Camden would be delicious to hear.

Hi there, first i want to apologize for my poor english

Yesterday we came with my GF to the gig of Moz and i was fantastic, also i want to add it was a privilege to all those who attend (Included those who watch the gig in the hills sorrounding the theatre)
The issue i want to comment is the shock that cause to me the video performance during "Ganglord" with images of brutal police violence. it was so shocking that make me feel shame, impotence, disgust. I never expect that. Can you figure out the level of shock and numbness... when Moz sing "How soon is now?" after "ganglord" i didn't enjoy it?
Nevermind, i'll only want to leave my impression of the most of the audience seems a little bit cold, but not for lack of empathy with Moz, instead of that i assumed was for coyness of the uruguayan people and lack of understandig of the game between the artist and the crowd. That and the barrier could be help to Moz to not leave the best impression of the heart shaped country...

Volve Esteban, te vamos a estar esperando. thanks for come to Uruguay.

attendence was 2300 at most with much empty space. tour is sputtering to an end.
his entourage is down to 2 people in a cost cutting measure.

Actually it was closer to 3600, a good source told me. (someone who works there)

- - - Updated - - -

I swear he is aging backwards, floral shirts! He seemed a bit glum , the barrier was really far from the stage, why do they do that?

Did you not see "ALIVE!"? Artists are in constant fear of being eaten by us Uruguayans.

Hi there, first i want to apologize for my poor english

Yesterday we came with my GF to the gig of Moz and i was fantastic, also i want to add it was a privilege to all those who attend (Included those who watch the gig in the hills sorrounding the theatre)
The issue i want to comment is the shock that cause to me the video performance during "Ganglord" with images of brutal police violence. it was so shocking that make me feel shame, impotence, disgust. I never expect that. Can you figure out the level of shock and numbness... when Moz sing "How soon is now?" after "ganglord" i didn't enjoy it?
Nevermind, i'll only want to leave my impression of the most of the audience seems a little bit cold, but not for lack of empathy with Moz, instead of that i assumed was for coyness of the uruguayan people and lack of understandig of the game between the artist and the crowd. That and the barrier could be help to Moz to not leave the best impression of the heart shaped country...

Volve Esteban, te vamos a estar esperando. thanks for come to Uruguay.

I too hope he didn't get the wrong impression of us. We're not cold but shy and respectful, and so we don't look very passionate I guess. There was a section of the crowd that was openly more fiery and passionate... they all came from Argentina and Chile :rolleyes:
Sadly, I also think many people didn't react the way he wanted to Meat is Murder. Uruguayans eat a LOT of meat.:(

from a good source ( someone who knows someone works at the booking agency) the sold did not sell well, in the neighborhood of 2100 tix sold. very disappointing turnout.
also the audience barely reacted, not moving from their seats or clapping. most of the audience leaving after the main set showing no interest on having an encore.
i think its safe to say it was no a very successful venture.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom