Monterrey, Mexico - Teatro Banamex (Mar. 29, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / Speedway / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Let Me Kiss You / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Jack The Ripper / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by Setlist.fm. Link posted by SuedeMoz.

• Photo from mozz.a / Instagram:

39800_monterrey.jpg

Last edited:
They all seemed to be having a real good time. Morrissey looked really really good and happy. That is all that matters chickens.

Reckon did the Mexicans cheer the Meat is Murder vid and start chanting Carne Asasda...Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs...Cow Tongue soup...? Reckon if there is any place to make a statement about eating meat and animal cruelty...it's in a country like Mexico, but Uncle Steve didn't.

Reckon how bout a shirt that says "f*** Carne" or "f*** Dog Fighting"?

Last edited:
I didn't have any expectations for the setlist, so I'm just very happy to see There Is A Light making a return. That song, Shoplifters (did he do the Trump shifters thing?), How Soon Is Now?, Suedehead, Alma Matters, Speedway, Everyday is like Sunday, You're The One For Me Fatty, What She Said, and First of the Gang to Die is a pretty packed setlist, even though some of them are predictable. It would certainly be worth the time and money to go see Moz singing those timeless tunes!

Yes he did the Trump shifter thing, they also did great musical arrangements on certain songs like Alma matters, What she said, The first of the gang to die. Gustavo sang in spanish, they all switched places during Speedway, Boz played drumms, Morrissey played the tambourine close to the keyboards, Matt played bass and I think Jesse and Mando guitars. You could see that it was a concert filled with small details specially for Mexico.

I guess it's not the worst set list - but if you've seen from 2015 on - you've already heard it ad nauseam.

Yes, definitely disappointing that he doesn't add more variety even from his own solo work. How awesome if he dusted off some old ones like "Mute Witness" or "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself" and the list goes on...

But, of course, "Meat is Murder" is sacrosanct and can never be removed.

Merch

Attachments

• 17670588_10154449057570895_436447390_o.jpg
    17670588_10154449057570895_436447390_o.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 17668622_10154449057505895_1471291923_o.jpg
    17668622_10154449057505895_1471291923_o.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 17623096_10154449057350895_1808360339_o.jpg
    17623096_10154449057350895_1808360339_o.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 0
The Donald will be signing an Executive Order today barring Moz and band from getting back into the USA, based on those t-shirts. Don't be banking on the US shows actually happening.
I wouldn't be surprised, given ol' thin-skinned Trumpie's ways.

Do me a favor. I'll shut up about this if you go to East LA, as a white person, mind your own business and wait for some punk ass Mexican or Mexicans to call you Trump for no reason when you voted for Clinton and have been fighting for minorities and their rights pretty much all your life and then tell me they don't run their mouths. Fair enough?

Then go to Downtown L.A., park your car, go inside to a museum, come back outside and find three drunk illegal Mexicans with a 12 pack sitting on top of your car, drinking and as I politely ask them IN SPANISH to please remove their beer and their fat f***ing lazy asses from my car so I can leave they then have the audacity to say a smart ass remark to me as I get into to my car to leave IN SPANISH. But I know, everything is the white man's fault right?

None of you know what you're talking about until you've LIVED it. Born and raised but This is not my country. #buildthef***ingwallNOW

You poor thing...
Are you ok??

But that's not what was actually said, was it?

Transcript:

LK:"You revealed that you had cancer"
M: "<slurred>...has been found, yes"
LK: "What kind?"
M: "er, Barrat's"
LK: "What is that?"
M: "It's the oesophagus"
LK: "Oesophagus?"
M: "Yes"
LK: "How do they treat it?"
M: "They scrape it occasionally, and I have medication"

All we learned is that he has, or had Barratt's Oesophagus. That's it.

Has Skinny, it doesn't go away, I know I have it. Barrett's itself isn't pre cancerous though, it's only pre cancerous if it turns into dysplasia.

Has Skinny, it doesn't go away, I know I have it. Barrett's itself isn't pre cancerous though, it's only pre cancerous if it turns into dysplasia.

That much is clear. What I'm averring is that Morrissey has not, and does not have cancer. He may have a serious condition, but it isn't and hasn't been cancer.

If you don't like him. Don't look at him.
I'll gladly take all of your old records and merch.
Can have someone cover up those tattoos for free.

Also when did this become a racism debate?

You people like to complain WAY too much. If you don't like the set list. Don't go to the show. Simple. Someone will buy those tickets. Morrissey fans are insufferable.
You know what he plays.
You know he doesn't deviate much (unless there's a new album coming, which won't happen any time soon)
But any reason to complain. Any reason to be upset. When you know full f***ing well you'd be singing along to every single word and would have left the show elated as usual.
The "hardcore" fans (who are casual at best the "I only see him in LA" crowd) are even worse.
Just enjoy an artist who sadly won't be around for forever. You complain now. But surely you're gonna miss him when he's gone.

-Daniel

His hometown is Moz Angeles....not Mankfester or Londun or Dublin, or that country where the "men" wear skirts and claim to be Irish Catholic.

Stop with the..reckon back in 2002 in Hammeringsmith Dance Hall he played "last of the famous"..oh I hope he comes to Wollybongagong or Chicago or referencing something he said on BBC4 Hogwartsshire in 1983. I have been to 6 Morrissey concerts in the last 2 years and have driven an average of 20 minutes to 4 hours to see his concert. You people just need to go try and get your Neds Atomic Dustbin or Big Country tickets for the Isle of Wight and move on with your lives. Uncle Steve doesn't like your cities or your countries and the only way he will play there is if he really needs the money like in Mank last summer.

Back
Top Bottom