Monterrey, Mexico - Teatro Banamex (Mar. 29, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / Speedway / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Let Me Kiss You / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Jack The Ripper / You're The One For Me, Fatty / How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by Setlist.fm. Link posted by SuedeMoz.

• Photo from mozz.a / Instagram:

39800_monterrey.jpg

Last edited:
On the face of it the set list is quite strong and the return of There is a light is a bonus, but it is easy to predict whats going to be played, seems that their must be issues with performing certain songs, like they are too difficult for whichever band member to play or possibly too much strain on Morrissey's voice? Otherwise its just pure lazy. Never rated any of the World Peace songs live, so if they were to be replaced the set list would be much improved. And just to ask, was Speedway wrecked again by the instrument changes?, that's another thing which is too predictable.

Recently I happened upon this description of Bruce Springsteen shows and couldn't help but notice the contrast: "The draw of these shows comes from their legendary length (he played his longest concert ever just this past August, a four-hour-and six-minute show in Helsinki), and the fact that he can change up to two-thirds of his set list from one night to the next. Seeing more shows means a better chance at notching another Springsteen “rarity,” which Bruce Tramps collect like baseball cards: On this tour, hearing the outtake “Frankie” from the Tracks collection offered particularly coveted bragging rights" (http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/25-most-devoted-fans/slideshow/9/).

The Donald will be signing an Executive Order today barring Moz and band from getting back into the USA, based on those t-shirts. Don't be banking on the US shows actually happening.

The Donald will be signing an Executive Order today barring Moz and band from getting back into the USA, based on those t-shirts. Don't be banking on the US shows actually happening.

What happened to free speech in America, since the Donald became POTUS? :squiffy:

I didn't have any expectations for the setlist, so I'm just very happy to see There Is A Light making a return. That song, Shoplifters (did he do the Trump shifters thing?), How Soon Is Now?, Suedehead, Alma Matters, Speedway, Everyday is like Sunday, You're The One For Me Fatty, What She Said, and First of the Gang to Die is a pretty packed setlist, even though some of them are predictable. It would certainly be worth the time and money to go see Moz singing those timeless tunes!

• 39800_monterrey.jpg
Honestly, I don't give a damn if he has been playing the same setlist for 3 years or he continues of doing so.
I just care and I'm glad he is back again with us. I really enjoyed every single song he played yesterday.:rock:Also, I loved the band's T-shirts, very nice detail for Mexican fans :lbf:

Just stay healthy, awesome and handsome :flowers:
God bless you Mozz!

To a certain extent they are right, on the setlist, but we must remember that Morrissey has a controlled cancer and that from previous years has not been in very good health. It executes the most tried that does not imply him greater investment of work. Apart, here in Mexico does not come from 2011! That setlist, the one from yesterday, does differ from the last time it came. Many fans are happy to listen to Suedehead and there's a ligh that never goes out, live. Is true if we see their tours in a whole perspective, the changes are minimal in the setlist, but see it back, when many assumed that the cancer was going to complicate, we like and excite. No one knows when it will be the last time you can enjoy it live. Many Mexicans will be attending their presentations these days taking very into account that. MORRISSEY, MORRISSEY, MORRISSEY !!

So the new album is written but not recorded. No deal with a label yet. Cause otherwise there would be one or two new songs.
That is the only disappointment, cause setlist is great.

Not a fan of crashing whores though. Too slow and long.
Give me Judy Is A Punk in stead. :brows:
Maybe Judy isn't a punk anymore?
She has grown out of it? Married, two children, divorced?
Working as a cashier at Walmart in her middle age?
Respect! :thumb:

To a certain extent they are right, on the setlist, but we must remember that Morrissey has a controlled cancer and that from previous years has not been in very good health. It executes the most tried that does not imply him greater investment of work. Apart, here in Mexico does not come from 2011! That setlist, the one from yesterday, does differ from the last time it came. Many fans are happy to listen to Suedehead and there's a ligh that never goes out, live. Is true if we see their tours in a whole perspective, the changes are minimal in the setlist, but see it back, when many assumed that the cancer was going to complicate, we like and excite. No one knows when it will be the last time you can enjoy it live. Many Mexicans will be attending their presentations these days taking very into account that. MORRISSEY, MORRISSEY, MORRISSEY !!

How do you know he has a 'controlled cancer'? On what evidence are you basing this assertion?

I didn't have any expectations for the setlist, so I'm just very happy to see There Is A Light making a return. That song, Shoplifters (did he do the Trump shifters thing?), How Soon Is Now?, Suedehead, Alma Matters, Speedway, Everyday is like Sunday, You're The One For Me Fatty, What She Said, and First of the Gang to Die is a pretty packed setlist, even though some of them are predictable. It would certainly be worth the time and money to go see Moz singing those timeless tunes!

Fair enough. You are right in that there are a number of good/great/classic songs in here...but there was a time when every new Morrissey tour brought anticipation/excitement for either a few long-ago-played/never-played oldies and/or new songs. This is just a continuation from last year, which was (largely) just a continuation of 2015/2014.

Anyways, I'm sure a gem or two will turn up as the tour rolls on. At least we can take solace in the fact that "(To Give)" The reason I Live" and "Scandinavia" haven't reared their ugly heads. Yet.

Oh, you're the gatekeeper of the Morrissey community? Who said I wanted to be welcomed into the "Morrissey community"? Fun fact: you're anonymous too, although technically I and you are not anonymous. The powers that be know who I am. So suck it. I didn't know stating the truth hurt people like you. My animosity?

V I V A H A T E (maybe you've heard of the phrase?)

Another fun fact: Mexicans hate Americans MORE than Americans hate Mexicans. They are mad because they got their asses kicked in the war. Not my fault, just facts. Don't like it, try to take the land back and see what happens. I ain't going nowhere. To prove I'm not a coward, I'll meet you in person to talk about this, do you agree or are you now the coward? #buildthewall

You so sad! Yes, please build the wall, to keep you all racists away from us.... I can see that you have no understanding of what Morrissey represent, writes and sings about.... So, what do you do in here? Looking at what mexicans are getting? Just bitching about a "war" no one cares about? You can have your territory, president Trump and wall and stick them in your arse (in the order you like) for what I care.... You hater!

Brother you really need to turn off the Fox News. Building a Wall isn't going to stop anyone from entering the country illegally . Majority of ppl that come here fly here and overstay their visas . The wall real purpose is to slow down drug trafficking , that a lot of caucasians depend on. So when yr sister is blowing Tyrone for those overprice pieces of crack . Remember why she has to blow him longer then normal . That wall slow down the process .

The audience must have gone wild to the deserve such a response from our man. Must have been a blast on both fronts.

In the Larry King's interview:

But that's not what was actually said, was it?

Transcript:

LK:"You revealed that you had cancer"
M: "<slurred>...has been found, yes"
LK: "What kind?"
M: "er, Barrat's"
LK: "What is that?"
M: "It's the oesophagus"
LK: "Oesophagus?"
M: "Yes"
LK: "How do they treat it?"
M: "They scrape it occasionally, and I have medication"

All we learned is that he has, or had Barratt's Oesophagus. That's it.

That's not what I meant. I meant what evidence is there that he even has or had cancer? The language has been coy as far as I recall, saying things like 'scrapings for cancer', which I inferred as biopsies.

There is no evidence in the way you want to see it, as a real fact.
No hospital evidence based facts.
He said tissues removed contained cells indicating a precancerous
state. And he has to go to hospitals on a regular scheme for doing that? So it is a controlled precancerous state.
So you are right he has not said he has cancer.
The thing is, fans make that assumption very easily and if you say he doesn't have cancer you are immediately blamed for being a hater. And implying he likes to deceit them.
I don't believe you are doing that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom