Monterrey - Arena (Dec. 5, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / You Have Killed Me / Maladjusted / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / All The Lazy Dykes / I Know It's Over / Scandinavia / Speedway // Still Ill

set list (scan) provided by Jorge

• Review from El Norte attached from Alejandro (PDF attached).
  • Rockean con Morrissey - review by Abelardo Luzanía, Milenio. Link posted by Unloveable.

Last edited:
I got the setlist!!!! I wanted "suedehead", but he had "there's a light that never goes out", it was awesome. Best concert ever.
8477400c1fd811e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

These are Morrissey's Horoscopes for December 6th, 2011:

Never say never! Even if you don’t appear to be close to your ultimate goal, with a full moon eclipse headed your way it could be moments away. Ask for what you want, and you just might get it! If passion eludes you, don’t give up, with Mercury the communication planet, and your ruler, out of phase, cupid could be delayed but not absent. Go about your business and love with tap on your heart when the time is right!

You will see and understand things today that others have overlooked, but don't expect any thanks for it because some people, sadly, prefer to live in a fog of stupidity. Use what you learn for your own profit and pleasure.

(Note from Monterrey's El Norte newspaper)

Son fieles a Morrissey
Canta anoche el británico ante 7 mil 500 regios

Monterrey, México (6 diciembre 2011).- Bastó la presencia de Morrissey en el escenario para que sus seguidores se pusieran de pie y lo recibieran con gritos de emoción.

Los 7 mil 500 regios (cifra oficial) que se dieron cita anoche en la Arena Monterrey no pudieron controlar su admiración por el artista inglés, quien regresó a la Ciudad luego de cinco años de ausencia.

El cantante, de 52 años de edad, vestido con camiseta y jeans, estuvo acompañado de cinco músicos y salió en punto de las 22:00 horas dispuesto a entregar una buena dosis de su música alternativa.

Antes, a las 21:10 horas, apareció en el escenario Kristeen Young para calentar el ambiente entre los regios que disfrutaron su actuación, pero era obvio que esperaban ansiosos la presencia de Steven Patrick Morrissey, nombre completo del artista.

Al despedirse la cantante estadounidense, los espectadores pudieron disfrutar de videos de algunos grupos de la década de los 70, y después de 20 minutos, por fin apareció la estrella.

Su concierto inició con "I Want the One I Can't Have", uno de los grandes éxitos de The Smiths, banda que lideró en los años 80.

Antes, el artista lanzó una bendición con su brazo derecho y no tuvo ningún problema para comunicarse con los mexicanos en español.

"Excelente, excelente, Monterrey", dijo provocando el grito ensordecedor de los fans, que permanecieron de pie cantando sus temas.

El concierto continuó con "First of the Gang to Die", "You're the One for Me, Fatty", en la que tocó el pandero y recibió una chamarra que le aventó un fan.

Durante su actuación, el artista tuvo el detalle de hacer un breve receso para pedirle a los guardias de seguridad que permitieran acercarse a la gente hasta el escenario.

El cantante también se puso melancólico en algunos temas, pero ni así se sentó la gente en sus lugares; la mayoría prefirió permanecer de pie y disfrutar las melodías que Morrissey ha hecho éxitos a lo largo de casi tres décadas.

Luego de una hora y 15 minutos, el artista se quitó la camisa cuando terminó de interpretar "Satellite of Love", con la que se despidió y salió del escenario.

Pero sus seguidores lo hicieron volver, detalle que uno de los músicos agradeció con un "Te queremos, Monterrey".

Morrissey continuó la fiesta con "Still Ill", con la que finalmente terminó su concierto a las 23:20.

Sale Tigre
Hace equipo: Morrissey compartió la euforia de los fanáticos de Tigres, tras recibir una bufanda del equipo.
Consentido: También le regalaron una chamarra negra, un osito de peluche y una camiseta de la Selección Mexicana, que se colgó en la bolsa trasera del pantalón.
Atento: El cantante habló en español en varias ocasiones.
Agradecido: Correspondió el cariño de sus seguidores saludando a varios de mano antes de retirarse.

Morrissey was very joyful and in great shape last night, pleased his Monterrey crowd.

Boz Boorer got pissed at someone at the end of the show it seemed to me as if he striked someone with his acoustic guitar, anybody else see this?

Yes... Boz had to stop one if you spic-car- thieves from stealing their limo. So he took his guitar and bashed Chico and mariS head in and out popped 1,000,000 wacked out mexicans....with bullseyes on their chests...ha ha ha ...

Troll post

Last edited by a moderator:
They just took me out of the concert 'cause I jumped the barricade when Morrissey was barely cominng to the stage, I heard from the security room:

I want the one I can't have
First of the Gang to die
You're the one for me fatty
When Last I Spoke to Carol
Black Cloud
Maladjusted (not sure)

After that they took me out of the venue.
There was a lot of people, the Monterrey Arena has a capacity for up to 12, 000 people, and at least the 80% was full, so much people, even more than the first time he came to Monterrey back in 2006, but only stupid people can place chairs in a Morrissey concert.

You heard part of this show from the security room because you rushed the stage as the show was starting.
+ You have some views on how a show should be managed.
= It just don't add up.

Well then the Review ER is visually ill in his ojos porque someone has to make the Baby eat.immediately.like now cos Morrissey weighs likes 145 pounds. Someone help him. The reviewer is blind. Someone like a guitar probably ate his eyes.ojos eres enfermo.

Gracias porque YO hablo pero no comprendo porque YO No Leo espanol
Bien.Tambiem tu eres en La Ciudad de Mexico si porque yo in querer quiero en want of MY my mio armor.

...si alguien pudo tomar una foto de Moz con mi bufanda de TIGRES subala para tenerla de recuerdo

Yo tome video, estaba atras de ustedes. Si quieres te lo paso y me pasas las fotos que tomaron !

Why does Morrissey have such a big Latino following? I don'tunderstand.

It has been covered but the concert was spectacular. LOVE Moz telling the the cr0wd to move closer since the security guards were being super annoying.

Got to see a lot of Jesse from upclose. He's so damn fine and mesmerizing. No wonder Moz loves him.

No eye patches or signs of eye injury for Matt Walker btw but Jesse Tobias did have some weird bruise on his left cheekbone, right under his eye.

Yo tome video, estaba atras de ustedes. Si quieres te lo paso y me pasas las fotos que tomaron !

...ya esta... nomas voy a ver como se suben las fotos aqui y te encargo el video (youtube?)... gracias...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom