Monorail Music refuses to stock Morrissey's new album (January 13, 2020)

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose it's remarkable that a 60 year old can cause so much drama that Fiona 'we should stop paying him attention' Sturges has paid him more attention.
I know what you mean but his age is irrelevant. A lot of 'older' people have a lot more interesting things to say than the snowflake selfie shithead generation.

Last edited:
í have met enough of those people of the monorail "identity and customer base", in this town, to know that the bulk of them are not good people. They are amongst the most closed-minded, judgemental and selfish people you could ever hope to meet. All whilst pretending to be not.
But í don't hate them.
í just avoid them.
Quite well.

Sexist? Racist? Ageist?

Welcome Nerak the epitomy of the new Morrissey fan.

The shop has decided not to sell an album by a vocal, right-wing sympathiser. Well done them!

Monorail customers are a tiny group of music snobs who exclude anyone who isn't like them.

He isn't a right-wing sympathiser, he's another refugee from the left & after our recent debacle & our behaviour on Twitter, I'm amazed we haven't lost everyone.

His age is irrelevant. 60. So what. A lot of 'older' people have a lot more interesting things to say than the snowflake selfie shithead generation.

It's unusual though. Almost every singer over 50 is quietly on the nostalgia/heritage circuit. They don't normally cause a sustained controversy.

It's unusual though. Almost every singer over 50 is quietly on the nostalgia/heritage circuit. They don't normally cause a sustained controversy.
Fair point. A lot of the nostalgia singers/bands don't rock the boat, that's true. If anything, Moz rocks it the older he gets.

The enforced remaking of Britain as a woke and diverse nation where white girls are allowed to be preyed upon, gang raped and murdered by the favoured members of this ideology - and where even broaching the subject is a racist act - is something the people of Britain never voted for.

Anyone who perpetuates the tyranny of wokeness needs to leave.

Morrissey is the only famous person to continually stray into the real-life subjects that affect real people, but carry a threat of demonisation at their mere mention.

He should retaliate by announcing a boycott of all large music venues in Glasgow.

Monorail customers are a tiny group of music snobs who exclude anyone who isn't like them.

He isn't a right-wing sympathiser, he's another refugee from the left & after our recent debacle & our behaviour on Twitter, I'm amazed we haven't lost everyone.

Judgemental police?

Jeez, how lost are you? Try stepping out from the confines of social media. Refugee? f*** off!

í have met enough of those people of the monorail "identity and customer base", in this town, to know that the bulk of them are not good people. They are amongst the most closed-minded, judgemental and selfish people you could ever hope to meet. All whilst pretending to be not.
But í don't hate them.
í just avoid them.
Quite well.

I have met you moe than once, unfortunately. I found you to be a drunken, dreadful, judgemental, snobbish Morrissey bore.

It'd be good to know how you determine people buying records in a record shop to be not good people? Talk about petulant generalisation.

Don't be fooled. I suspect they're avoiding you. I know I do you mess of a drunk.

The enforced remaking of Britain as a woke and diverse nation where white girls are allowed to be preyed upon, gang raped and murdered by the favoured members of this ideology - and where even broaching the subject is a racist act - is something the people of Britain never voted for.

Anyone who perpetuates the tyranny of wokeness needs to leave.

Morrissey is the only famous person to continually stray into the real-life subjects that affect real people, but carry a threat of demonisation at their mere mention.

I agree about wokeness & demonization.

It's a fair point that diversity wasn't voted for & was enforced. And that we haven't fully understood its problems.

I've no idea why the police thought covering up crimes would be good for race relations, though. That's insane.

We've got a multicultural society, it's time we talked about how to make it work without calling people racists & fascists.

Top marks to Monorail.

The reality is even if it did stock the album few would buy it. Just look at the awful sales for the last two records. Morrissey is a tired nostalgia act at best and at worst a pariah who shares similar views to the right-wing UK government and is a vocal advocate for Farage and Robinson. Argue it all you want. These are facts from Bugmouth himself.

I agree about wokeness & demonization.

It's a fair point that diversity wasn't voted for & was enforced. And that we haven't fully understood it's problems.

I've no idea why the police thought covering up crimes would be good for race relations, though. That's insane.

We've got a multicultural society, it's time we talked about how to make it work without calling people racists & fascists.

Or being racist and facist and pretending otherwise.

Simply red = RACIST

don't you just love the world we live in now? complete insanity prevails and those who just go about their business and take care of themselves are simply befuddled at the feeble attempts to stifle anyone or anything whose views, ideas, beliefs or words don't line up with one's own whether real or imagined. i have come to a conclusion that i could careless about this type of fake media moral outrage where someone can be singled out for any mundane reason and flogged publicly for it. i would love to go into the history of every artist they choose to sell and see if anyone ever mistreated a woman, a homosexual, said a racist comment, stole money, was a drunk or a drug addict, neglected their parents, didn't pay their taxes, spit on the ground, and see if anyone truly can pass the moral compass test that exists in this mire of complete fake and phoniness we now are forced to exist in
You don’t have to pass a litmus test and you don’t need 10 Commandments. There need only be ONE...

Don’t be a f***ing asshole.

Morrissey is a f***ing asshole.

Pretty simple, really. If you don’t get that - and think that Morrissey and you lot are held to held to some higher standard - you’re an asshole too. ;)

It is striking that the aggrieved, on here, all tend to think Morrissey owes them something. The gift of music, he has spent his life sharing, isn’t enough. They want him bowing down before them.

Caught in a whirlwind of resentment, it’s the only celebrity that ever looked at them who must receive the punch in the face.

:thumb:

Hear ! Hear !

So f***ing TRUE !

VIVA MOZ !!!

:cool:

Most of those go about the business of touring and making music without flapping their gums about their whack-ass opinions.

Back
Top Bottom