Monorail Music refuses to stock Morrissey's new album (January 13, 2020)

Last edited by a moderator:
Free publicity!

Hey Moz it’s all working out as planned !

"The Free Publicity" is for this ridiculous store. They are using Morrissey's name as they all are to get attention for themselves. I am sure this record store like the last one has Ryan Adams records up on the shelves. They have racist and every other kind of ist' and ism' in their store, but those artist don't get attention in the media. I am sorry that your store is doing poorly and you need some sort of publicity, but it should not be at the expense of others.

Those that like to throw stones. Very sad. If you don't want to carry the record just don't announce it!! When you do announce it then you are just being media hungry and desperate. I would certainly boycott this store and others that refused to stock the record. CULTURE VULTURES!!

The Sturges Brexit post will appear in the 'Strange...' thread as it's not particularly directly related to this.
Just for the record, to drive discussion here (whether it fits people's views or not), articles 'for' 'against' & indifferent will be posted. There is no Witch burning agenda - just a reflection of what's out there currently.
I don't particularly have a strong emotional response either way when posting anything here that helps collate information for a story.
How people choose to voice their opinion thereafter is on them. Personally, I seldom give a strong opinion as it feels very futile given: 1. I don't think I've ever seen anyone change their view due to blocks of text on the Internet telling them to do so and 2. The disproportionate levels of bilious response here to perfectly reasonable points are enough to deter me from doing so (as it just leads to back and forths that go nowhere). Further, I don't let anything that is the antithesis of my own view bother me in the slightest particularly.
Regards,
FWD.

I wasn't accusing you or here of witch burning, I was being sardonic about the general state of things.

Sorry, if it came across as an insult.

...and witches, Karen. f*** witches too.

They don't exist. They were ordinary women & men, falsely labelled & accused & murdered by public hysteria & the state.

You're supporting violent persecution.

The muppet Dodwell took time out of her extremely busy day as a blogger to respond. Sad.

Monorail: you made the right decision. A great, principled record shop.

Ignore the Moz-bots, they're not the brightest.

Should help propel to #1, especially after the Guardian devotes 5 or more articles complaining about it.

Yeah, this place should really make a dent....
image.jpg

Monorail - with its all-white staff, its all-white customer base (never seen anyone who wasn't white in there), its majority white Indie band stock & it's going to continue to sell the all-white The Smith's, while not selling Moz's album which has people of colour in the band/on the lead single.

They're disgusting.

I don't think it's all about racism, although it's part of it. It's just about hating Morrissey. It's very troubling and is still snowballing. Look at all the likes this tweet got. It is feeding into Morrissey's persecution complex - is that what he wants??

Monorail - with its all-white staff, its all-white customer base (never seen anyone who wasn't white in there), its majority white Indie band stock & it's going to continue to sell the all-white The Smith's, while not selling Moz's album which has people of colour in the band/on the lead single.

They're disgusting.

Agreed, yeah, but we've seen all of this before (yawn @Monorail) & yes duplicitous shits too, but...this is the clever reverse marketing strategy I referred to previously...all working out super-well for the Mozmeister® - mucho publicity, resulting in huge pre-orders, & after all everyone loves a bit of controversy.

I think Moz will fare better from this publicity than Monorail; it'll just expose their double standards when compared to the artists they DO stock. I hope they suffer as a result & their customers shop elsewhere.

As ever, Moz will survive this minor skirmish....pffft if you can even call it that; is there anything really to survive?....some 2-bit shop in Glasgow, FFS.

No sweat, nothing to see; sit back & enjoy watching the hysterical haters hating - that's all they know;

Move on, carry on. :thumb: :thumb:

Another Music Store Is Banning Sale of Morrissey Albums

Monorail Music, based in Glasgow, won't be selling Morrissey's new album 'I Am Not a Dog on a Chain', due to the singer's bigotry. They claim others are as well, which is great news. Funding racists is just as despicable as being one yourself. f*** racism and f*** Morrissey.

Anonymous?

I kind of doubt that. Say what you will about the merit of this ban, it's not what he needs right now. I don't know the ultimate impact of this (I'm sure more will follow), but given the Cancel Culture climate that we live in, would anyone be surprised to see BMG drop him after this album?
What I want to know is how the original poster here has heard the album to be able to declare it's his 'best since Viva Hate'. That wouldn't be the sound of made up arse-rinse now, would it?

Yes, lets not stock Morrissey records, the godfather of jingle-jangle indie rock............Like a religious bookshop not stocking books about Jesus. Ridiculous.

I kind of doubt that. Say what you will about the merit of this ban, it's not what he needs right now. I don't know the ultimate impact of this (I'm sure more will follow), but given the Cancel Culture climate that we live in, would anyone be surprised to see BMG drop him after this album?

Ahem...have you actually read anything? He is done with BMG after this; try & keep up before posting bilge. Cheers.

Anonymous?

LOL yes, I was just thinking the same.
Skiddy is scared of posting as himself, but leaves his trademark style of commentary...tedious I know. :rolleyes:
Guy has no balls at all - but then we all knew this was the case.

I wasn't accusing you or here of witch burning, I was being sardonic about the general state of things.

Sorry, if it came across as an insult.
Not taken as such :thumb:
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom