Morrissey Central "MONICA VITTI, RIP" & "YVETTE MIMIEUX, RIP" (March 2, 2022)

YVETTE MIMIEUX, RIP

107284__92118.1583358683.1280.1280_avogsw.jpg

MONICA VITTI, RIP

intro-1643816701_nbm1ro.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Not Yvette Mimieux!! :cry::cry::cry:

Sweet Lord - so this is where a forum for Morrissey ends up after the singer for some reason decides to not care about his output anymore since about 15 years ago?

Show some respect at least for this fairly obscure actress!

Sweet Lord - so this is where a forum for Morrissey ends up after the singer for some reason decides to not care about his output anymore since about 15 years ago?

Show some respect at least for this fairly obscure actress!
Yvette Mimieux was a really underrated actress, one of my faves and then gave it all up to work for animal activism. A true legend.

A world war, was announced, days ago.
But he didn't know, the pointless obituary maker.

Last edited:
A world war, was announced, days ago.
But he didn't know, the pointless obituary maker.
Has a world war been announced? I must have missed that. Most people around the world seem to be carrying on their lives as normal. Posting RIPs is carrying on as normal as far as I can see with Morrissey Central.

Has a world war been announced? I must have missed that. Most people around the world seem to be carrying on their lives as normal. Posting RIPs is carrying on as normal as far as I can see with Morrissey Central.
For someone who has made WPINOYB his banner, one might think (and I don't think this is a great achievement) that people would expect such an artist to make a statement that goes beyond the "daily" obituary of more or less well-known vintage stars. After all, this gives the impression that people on the American West Coast are actually paying homage to idleness, while elsewhere, very close to the so comfortable Western world, people are being slaughtered and a threat situation prevails, as never before in recent decades. But no. It's OK, if a few people here write about the two attractive ladies. After all, it's news on Central and that's always good somehow, isn't it? Surely also a form of distraction. But wait: do I really want Morrissey to comment? Maybe it would come out something like: "The war over Ukraine is just a diversion from the Corona lie". A popular narrative in some places at the moment.

For someone who has made WPINOYB his banner, one might think (and I don't think this is a great achievement) that people would expect such an artist to make a statement that goes beyond the "daily" obituary of more or less well-known vintage stars. After all, this gives the impression that people on the American West Coast are actually paying homage to idleness, while elsewhere, very close to the so comfortable Western world, people are being slaughtered and a threat situation prevails, as never before in recent decades. But no. It's OK, if a few people here write about the two attractive ladies. After all, it's news on Central and that's always good somehow, isn't it? Surely also a form of distraction. But wait: do I really want Morrissey to comment? Maybe it would come out something like: "The war over Ukraine is just a diversion from the Corona lie". A popular narrative in some places at the moment.
Exactly: do you really want Morrissey to comment? The Ukraine conflict is a complex issue and I myself certainly haven't been able ascertain the facts in order to understand it, despite trying for some time (since about last year when Morrissey declared his love for a Ukrainian).

Of course we all can pretend that nothing happens and then wake up under the mushroom cloud ... A few days ago I was also counting on any Morrissey statement . But now I have no more illusions. World peace is none of his business

Exactly: do you really want Morrissey to comment? The Ukraine conflict is a complex issue and I myself certainly haven't been able ascertain the facts in order to understand it, despite trying for some time (since about last year when Morrissey declared his love for a Ukrainian).

Of course we all can pretend that nothing happens and then wake up under the mushroom cloud ... A few days ago I was also counting on any Morrissey statement . But now I have no more illusions. World peace is none of his business
To comment or sing provocatively, narcissistically and sometimes silly about the inconsistencies of this world is one thing. Giving one's life to live in freedom is another. Even though I am not a fan of John Lennon, a simple song like "Give peace a chance" has a deeper impact and expresses the artist's inner attitude authentically. If he were alive today, he would clearly take action and not ask for fresh cut flowers in the air-conditioned salon, for example.

To comment or sing provocatively, narcissistically and sometimes silly about the inconsistencies of this world is one thing. Giving one's life to live in freedom is another. Even though I am not a fan of John Lennon, a simple song like "Give peace a chance" has a deeper impact and expresses the artist's inner attitude authentically. If he were alive today, he would clearly take action and not ask for fresh cut flowers in the air-conditioned salon, for example.
Well, I am a John Lennon fan and I've been involved in the Peace Movement. From what I've seen so far Morrissey never really has stood for peace. I'd rather he pay tribute to movie stars he admires than say something that turns out to be ill-informed.

In Europe we haven't. Increases in food prices, petrol/diesel/home heating oil, etc. Which pales into insignificance compared to children being gunned down by an army that will move beyond Ukraine unless stopped.

R.I.P. Polina. Her life taken. The very definition of tragedy.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news...dren-killed-in-ukraine-invasion-41395376.html

To comment or sing provocatively, narcissistically and sometimes silly about the inconsistencies of this world is one thing. Giving one's life to live in freedom is another.
Are you talking about artists or soldiers? Did John Lennon give his life for his freedom? for our freedom? Like a Christ figure?
Even though I am not a fan of John Lennon, a simple song like "Give peace a chance" has a deeper impact and expresses the artist's inner attitude authentically.

If he were alive today, he would clearly take action and not ask for fresh cut flowers in the air-conditioned salon, for example.

Nah, John and Yoko would have instead simply purchased the whole flower salon, but not make this purchase public so they could keep up the facade that they were street wise common man revolutionaries.

That’s not to say the songs can’t be enjoyed or be inspirational.

Anyway, and I could be wrong. But maybe we shouldn’t expect
much political comments from a man whose speech has been policed and has been continually told to shut up over the years. I think by this point he feels an exasperated ‘why bother?’

Last edited:

Even when Morrissey is paying tribute to the stars he loves, on his OWN website, you have to be this harsh...

I've noticed that, as far as anything Morrissey is concerned, especially his feelings, your heart is always in the wrong place.

Even when Morrissey is paying tribute to the stars he loves, on his OWN website, you have to be this harsh...

I've noticed that, as far as anything Morrissey is concerned, especially his feelings, your heart is always in the wrong place.
Oh, I had the misfortune to come across a great Morrissey connoisseur who surely soaks up every message from Central like nectar and knows more about my inner soul than I do. You go ahead and tell me where my heart is and feast your eyes on dead vintage stars! They keep the world spinning. Sure they do. Thank you very much.

Are you talking about artists or soldiers? Did John Lennon give his life for his freedom? for our freedom? Like a Christ figure?
Nah, John and Yoko would have instead simply purchased the whole flower salon, but not make this purchase public so they could keep up the facade that they were street wise common man revolutionaries.
That’s not to say the songs can’t be enjoyed or be inspirational.
much political comments from a man whose speech has been policed and has been continually told to shut up over the years. I think by this point he feels an exasperated ‘why bother?’
It is your "job" and your passion to put everything into perspective and to question every statement against Morrissey critically and with a long long breath, whereas EVERY statement on Central is attributed enormous potential. Let Morrissey have his deep sorrow for vintage actresses. That's perfectly OK. The world is on the brink and artists who like to shout WPINOYB are mourning old stars. I thought there was more to it.

Well, I am a John Lennon fan and I've been involved in the Peace Movement. From what I've seen so far Morrissey never really has stood for peace. I'd rather he pay tribute to movie stars he admires than say something that turns out to be ill-informed.
'Meat is Murder' - sounds like a plea for world peace to me? Human beings might stop killing one another when they also stop killing other animals. Simplistic perhaps - but Moz isn't the first person to suggest that the two things might be linked.

It is your "job" and your passion to put everything into perspective and to question every statement against Morrissey critically and with a long long breath, whereas EVERY statement on Central is attributed enormous potential. Let Morrissey have his deep sorrow for vintage actresses. That's perfectly OK. The world is on the brink and artists who like to shout WPINOYB are mourning old stars. I thought there was more to it.
Well said Frank I agree with you .
Just be aware of the man hater,
As you could be here some time Squabbling about your own post after it has been dissected.

'Meat is Murder' - sounds like a plea for world peace to me? Human beings might stop killing one another when they also stop killing other animals. Simplistic perhaps - but Moz isn't the first person to suggest that the two things might be linked.
'Be kind to animals or I'll kill you' - such a comforting thought for Ukrainians at this time.

Morrissey says this yesterday, so today he must say that, we expect it, we demand it.

A simplistic and sad way to look at his or Sam’s activity on Central.

As I said ...

And just saying your Lennon example wasn’t a very good one.

'Be kind to animals or I'll kill you' - such a comforting thought for Ukrainians at this time.
That would indeed be a really silly thing to say. I'm not sure on which planet you read that in my previous post. It wasn't on planet Earth.
I have absolutely no comfort to give to the brave people of Ukraine. Does anyone?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom