Mojo / Andrew Male: review of IANADOAC (4/5*s)

Yes, they are nasty pieces of work if not evil.

L O L :laughing:
I’ve been posting on here for 4king years.
YOU since 25/1/18 :clap:
Never had any dialogue with Phranc & Open but definitely have with Surface.
I was gonna be really horrible with you but I’d like to give you a chance here.
Are you really sure about describing Surface as “Nasty if not Evil”?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Marketing case studies.

If you've got complaints take them to the ghost of Lester Bangs.

Mr Bangs was a notorious self-publicist. Always name-dropping. Any relation, perchance?

I don't doubt that some of the NYC pre-punk scene would have been miffed by Blondie's success - clique scenes often create resentments. However, Blondie was so uncool US kids were buying Blondie in exceptional numbers late 70s/early 80s giving them huge US numbers 1s.

The sell-out language is just a tired blaming tool. Most of the bands in that scene wanted success. Blondie managed it. Is that selling-out or achieving your goal, your ambition?

Blondie offer a Greatest Hits package when they play. Moz promotes new albums.

If he still does that when he's 74 he will still be relevant.
Not true. On their last tour Blondie played several songs from their last record, the superb Pollinator. They also covered Lil Nas X's Old Town Road. They have never been a heritage act, consistently recording new material and touring it.

Dear me ... Bunch of folks arguing about sales and chart positions.... It's the art thats important people ... The quality of the music .... Blondie a decent pop band in no way can compare to the work of Morrissey.... It is that simple. And skinny and the tiresome not skinny but are skinny posts should shuffle off ... Honest sad boy just trot on its beyond parody now
Blondie a 'decent pop band' ... you clearly are only aware of the hits - as massive as they were. Blondie are far more influential than The S***** or Moz. If for no other reason than the first rap crossover record to chart mainstream with the sublime 'Rapture'. Both Morrissey and Marr are huge fans of the band - and both saw Blondie play on their first UK tour. Marr contributed to Blondie's last record, Pollinator. Morrissey has been known to sing 'One Way or Another' whilst showering.

You seem all too keen when you repeat that chart position as if it's some mantra of comfort and desperate consolation - of sorts - for you. Hmmmmm. How revealing of you that you make no reference whatsoever to the fact that 'California Son' fell out of both the UK Top 100 Albums Chart and the Billboard US Top 200 Albums Chart in less than a month after its release. The phrase "Pyrrhic victory" instantly comes to mind upon reading your self-soothing comments. Let's also not forget that neither of his two solitary UK shows have even sold out yet (ask yer man @Surface about this. He knows so much about these things). A situation that would have been unthinkable for Morrissey once upon a time has now come to pa. Self-sabotage has long been his forte. Recent events and an annoying knack of opening his gob before engaging his brain won't return his lost British fanbase to him. Sad and rather pitiful, but all too inevitable and very much of his own making.
And if you don't believe me now, here's Morrissey singles record for you to check below - compliments of the UK Official Charts website. His last Top 10 hit was in 2006 with 'You Have Killed Me', whilst he last saw Top 40 action ten years ago this month with 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'.

https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/13740/morrissey/

Date Title, Artist Peak
Pos
WoC Wks
No 1
Chart
Facts

small

SUEDEHEAD
MORRISSEY
HMV
05 06 00
Buy Listen

small

EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
MORRISSEY
HMV
09 06 00
Buy Listen

small

LAST OF THE FAMOUS INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOYS
MORRISSEY
HMV
06 07 00
Buy Listen

small

INTERESTING DRUG
MORRISSEY
HMV
09 04 00
Buy Listen

small

OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD
MORRISSEY
HMV
18 07 00
Buy Listen

small

NOVEMBER SPAWNED A MONSTER
MORRISSEY
HMV
12 04 00
Buy Listen

small

PICCADILLY PALARE
MORRISSEY
HMV
18 02 00
Buy Listen

small

OUR FRANK
MORRISSEY
HMV
26 03 00
Buy Listen

small

SING YOUR LIFE
MORRISSEY
HMV
33 02 00
Buy Listen

small

PREGNANT FOR THE LAST TIME
MORRISSEY
HMV
25 04 00
Buy Listen

small

MY LOVE LIFE
MORRISSEY
HMV
29 02 00
Buy Listen

small

WE HATE IT WHEN OUR FRIENDS BECOME SUCCESSFUL
MORRISSEY
HMV
17 03 00
Buy Listen

small

YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY
MORRISSEY
HMV
19 03 00
Buy Listen

small

CERTAIN PEOPLE I KNOW
MORRISSEY
HMV
35 04 00
Buy Listen

small

THE MORE YOU IGNORE ME, THE CLOSER I GET
MORRISSEY
PARLOPHONE
08 04 00
Buy Listen

small

HOLD ON TO YOUR FRIENDS
MORRISSEY
PARLOPHONE
48 03 00
Buy Listen

small

INTERLUDE
MORRISSEY & SIOUXSIE
PARLOPHONE
25 02 00
Buy Listen

small

BOXERS
MORRISSEY
PARLOPHONE
23 03 00
Buy Listen

small

DAGENHAM DAVE
MORRISSEY
RCA VICTOR
26 02 00
Buy

small

THE BOY RACER
MORRISSEY
RCA VICTOR
36 02 00
Buy

small

SUNNY
MORRISSEY
PARLOPHONE
42 02 00
Buy Listen

small

ALMA MATTERS
MORRISSEY
ISLAND
16 03 00
Buy Listen

small

ROY'S KEEN
MORRISSEY
ISLAND
42 02 00
Buy Listen

small

SATAN REJECTED MY SOUL
MORRISSEY
ISLAND
39 02 00
Buy Listen

small

IRISH BLOOD ENGLISH HEART
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
03 09 00
Buy Listen

small

FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
06 08 00
Buy Listen

small

LET ME KISS YOU
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
08 03 00
Buy Listen

small

I HAVE FORGIVEN JESUS
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
10 05 00
Buy Listen

small

REDONDO BEACH/THERE IS A LIGHT THAT
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
11 04 00
Buy

small

YOU HAVE KILLED ME
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
03 04 00
Buy Listen

small

THE YOUNGEST WAS THE MOST LOVED
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
14 03 00
Buy Listen

small

IN THE FUTURE WHEN ALL'S WELL
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
17 02 00
Buy Listen

small

I JUST WANT TO SEE THE BOY HAPPY
MORRISSEY
ATTACK
16 02 00
Buy Listen

small

THAT'S HOW PEOPLE GROW UP
MORRISSEY
DECCA
14 03 00
Buy Listen

small

ALL YOU NEED IS ME
MORRISSEY
DECCA
24 01 00
Buy Listen

small

I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS
MORRISSEY
POLYDOR
21 02 00
Buy Listen

small

SOMETHING IS SQUEEZING MY SKULL
MORRISSEY
DECCA
46 01 00
Buy Listen

small

EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
MORRISSEY
MAJOR MINOR RECORDS
42 01 00
Buy Listen

small

GLAMOROUS GLUE
MORRISSEY
MAJOR MINOR RECORDS
69 01 00
Buy Listen

small

WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
MORRISSEY
HARVEST
83 01 00
Buy

60x60.gif

SPENT THE DAY IN BED
MORRISSEY
BMG

Pretty sure I'm going to be underwhelmed if I quote that.

Blondie is an interesting marketing case - cool new wave band in Europe but seen as uncool sell-outs in the USA at their peak.

I think Moz benefited from flying under the radar & being so unpredictable.
Uncool in the US? Surely that is the only way to be.

L O L :laughing:
I’ve been posting on here for 4king years.
YOU since 25/1/18 :clap:
Never had any dialogue with Phranc & Open but definitely have with Surface.
I was gonna be really horrible with you but I’d like to give you a chance here.
Are you really sure about describing Surface as “Nasty if not Evil”?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
“.... being seasoned with a gracious voice obscures the show of evil”.

Blondie offer a Greatest Hits package when they play. Moz promotes new albums.

If he still does that when he's 74 he will still be relevant.
MOZ sigue y sigue ofrece nuevos trabajos y su voz esta intacta ,su talento permanece,los platinos no importan tanto y fue el lider de un grupo emblematico,y su personalidad y la causa que defiende,sobresalen con respecto a muchos cantantes y en America del Sur es mucho mas relevante que Blondie, MOZ ES SUPERIOR DEFINITIVAMENTE VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!

I think that statement above says it all. The album, his career is forever tainted by his race related, sexual abuse and many other distasteful comments.
BLA BLA BLA.... SIEMPRE LO MISMO ,QUE TE TRAE POR ACA????

Dear me ... Bunch of folks arguing about sales and chart positions.... It's the art thats important people ... The quality of the music .... Blondie a decent pop band in no way can compare to the work of Morrissey.... It is that simple. And skinny and the tiresome not skinny but are skinny posts should shuffle off ... Honest sad boy just trot on its beyond parody now
Exacto Blondie no existe ,al lado de Moz ,no se puede comparar,no le quito merito a Blondie, pero MOZ ES REALMENTE SUPERIOR!!!!!Y LOS TROLLS LO SABEN PERO SIEMPRE HACEN LA CONTRA,VIVA MOZ

Yes it is.
This site is a proper howl. A few cognoscente folk just taking the loss out of a bunch of f***ing short-bus, wanker sycophants. Don’t EVER ask why I come here. It should be obvious.

Shits and giggles. You lot are a proper howl!

MORRISSEY GENIO TOTAL!!!! El es importante !!!! Nadie puede discutir estoo !!! El sobresale sigue haciendolo ,es un Talento Absoluto MORRISSEY ES IMPRESIONANTE!!!!!! NO TIENE SEXO NI EDAD Y ESTA MAS ALLA DE ESTADISTICAS ESTUPIDAS ,CON SOLO ESCUCHARLO SEA LO VIEJO O LO NUEVO ESTA TODO DICHO,!!! MOZ SOS EL MEJOR, DENTRO DE LOS MEJORES CANTANTES DE TODOS LOS TIEMPOS, OTROS CANTAN TEMAS VIEJOS PARA TRATAR DE SOBREVIVIR A EL NO LE HACE FALTA TODO ESO Y SIEMPRE ESTA VIGENTE ES CONOCIDO EN TODO EL PLANETA Y MUCHOS SOLO LO SON POR TEMAS VIEJOS .....MORRISSEY SIGUE TRABAJANDO Y GIRANDO... Y NO HACE FALTA SEPARAR AL ARTISTA DEL HOMBRE PORQUE MOZ ES BUENA GENTE VIVA MORRISSEY CARAJOOO !!!! MOZUCHISS SEGUI ADELANTE ESTAS CONDENADO AL EXITOO!!!

Yes, Morrissey is a celibate asexual.

He's also a Christian.

So eat that.

Oh yes, recent songs like When You Open Your Legs, In Your Lap and Home Is A Question Mark ("Wrap your legs around my face just to greet me") are really the work of a man currently enjoying celibacy. As for Christianity, do you really think that a man with such disdain for every possible authority would have anything to do with Christian faith? He's as much a Christian as Donald Trump, a man Morrissey resembles more and more every passing day.

So eat that, you vile homophobic twunt.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review
Back
Top Bottom