*mod - please delete*

I had one of those kill uncle Finnish cdrs last month, was shocked to see it only make £49. I love that Peru cassette btw, but reserves put me right off. Best of luck with them.

Is there a possibility these will appear on Discogs a few days after you apparently sell them on eBay but cheaper? That’s what happened last time you had stuff on eBay? Puts me off more than the reserves...

I had one of those kill uncle Finnish cdrs last month, was shocked to see it only make £49. I love that Peru cassette btw, but reserves put me right off. Best of luck with them.

Just curious to know how rare are the Finland Kill Uncle CD-Rs? Why did you get rid of it? Do you have more for sale?

So what’s up buddy? I’m still curious to know how rare are the Finland Kill Uncle CD-Rs? Why did you get rid of it? Do you have more for sale? I’m only asking you since you posted here that you once had one for sale and were surprised to only get £49 pounds. Let’s here your side of the story buddy.

So what’s up buddy? I’m still curious to know how rare are the Finland Kill Uncle CD-Rs? Why did you get rid of it? Do you have more for sale? I’m only asking you since you posted here that you once had one for sale and were surprised to only get £49 pounds. Let’s here your side of the story buddy.

I sold it cos I thought I was gonna get a lot of money for it :paranoid: (and I don’t really collect CDs). Was worth more than £50 imo, but that’s what it went for, I think that’s what BrokenFriend’s copy sold for too.
(Those are only two I’ve seen thus far).

Is there a possibility these will appear on Discogs a few days after you apparently sell them on eBay but cheaper? That’s what happened last time you had stuff on eBay? Puts me off more than the reserves...

You’re right, half of those have just been relisted.

Does this suggest he’s winning the bid himself??

Not at all. Could just be a non-payer buyer. Either way seeing these rare cassettes listed with reserves, wasting a week on bidding then eventually seeing them relisted, just kills the novelty on them for me. I was quite excited to see some of these turn up on eBay, Brazilian QIDs, Chile Viva Hate and so on, now with multiple re-lists, they just lose a bit of appeal.

Not at all. Could just be a non-payer buyer. Either way seeing these rare cassettes listed with reserves, wasting a week on bidding then eventually seeing them relisted, just kills the novelty on them for me. I was quite excited to see some of these turn up on eBay, Brazilian QIDs, Chile Viva Hate and so on, now with multiple re-lists, they just lose a bit of appeal.

Yea, fair point.

Yea, fair point.

Can never rule out shill bidding like lol but it’s dangerous to accuse people with no proof. Some of my recent auctions have gone for stupid money, to the point where I’ve been quite embarrassed. My barbarism 12” French promo went for £410! Was scratching my head a bit but like Tera said, once two people getting into a bidding war, all logic seems to go out the window.

Can never rule out shill bidding like lol but it’s dangerous to accuse people with no proof. Some of my recent auctions have gone for stupid money, to the point where I’ve been quite embarrassed. My barbarism 12” French promo went for £410! Was scratching my head a bit but like Tera said, once two people getting into a bidding war, all logic seems to go out the window.

Don’t be embarrassed about raking the pounds in. Just smile.

Was your French Barbarism 12" promo the two sides one? I didn't look when it was listed. I have the French one sided 1 2" promo that was Scott Piering's copy. It has test tones on the B side. What was the catalog number for the two sided?

Attachments

• 207850_1924335308735_4777657_n.jpg
    207850_1924335308735_4777657_n.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 197124_1924334988727_5724648_n.jpg
    197124_1924334988727_5724648_n.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 195980_1924334908725_5393291_n.jpg
    195980_1924334908725_5393291_n.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 197620_1924335228733_6109744_n.jpg
    197620_1924335228733_6109744_n.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
Was your French Barbarism 12" promo the two sides one? I didn't look when it was listed. I have the French one sided 1 2" promo that was Scott Piering's copy. It has test tones on the B side. What was the catalog number for the two sided?

Yes, mine was the standard 2-sided version. 3min48sec edit on side-A, & full 6min50 version on side-B. Btw I’ve never seen the one you have! Cat number is the same, SA 3013.
Yours is a Test Pressing, surely?!

Last edited:

...btw, is it odd that the printed label side has the test tones? would've thought the white label side would've been the one with the test tones.

...btw, is it odd that the printed label side has the test tones? would've thought the white label side would've been the one with the test tones.
hey there, no the printed side is the recorded side, the white label side is four separate test tones. But yeah, they both have the same catalog number and both supposed to come in the Viv Nicholson artwork that was used on the Barbarism German 12" minus the Shakespeares Sister text. Also, some of the single sided copies have been mentioned including a Rush Release Promotion press sheet about the new record and such. Also stating that both single and two sided promo copies total 300. I have never see a two sided one with a yellow sleeve. I have seen a blue sleeve two sided like the yellow one. I have also never seen either in a Viv 12" cover.

Tags
brazil cassette chile perú rare
Back
Top Bottom