Mock bullring at Glastonbury Festival this year. WHY????

Mock bullfights with an artificial bull.
That's like slagging off some of your hippy, lefty poofy vegetarian pals for eating Quorn.

Correct.

Well I would 'slag them off' if they ate Quorn, it contains egg and therefore contributes to the death of millions of chicks a year in UK hatcheries.

What is your point?

You choose to judge people for eating meat or animal products - what I eat or drink is none of your business. You do what you want, I'll do what I want.
Birds eat worms. I eat birds. Worms will eventually eat me.
If you're vegan, good for you. You have no right to lecture or look down on anyone else.

But my question was 'I wonder why Morrissey is playing Glastonbury?' You jumped in to give your opinion making you a hypocrite. We're not talking about you, although the worms thing has put a nice picture in my head. Morrissey is vegetarian and against bullfighting so I think he might be against this too.

Re:

But my question was 'I wonder why Morrissey is playing Glastonbury?' You jumped in to give your opinion making you a hypocrite. We're not talking about you, although the worms thing has put a nice picture in my head. Morrissey is vegetarian and against bullfighting so I think he might be against this too.

It's a good platform to show that he's still one of the best British singers to the world wide audience.

Some of my friends who are sadly unable to travel to see the forthcoming tour, are pleased that they'll be able to see him on TV coverage.

In a long run it will help him to get a new recording contract.
He has to play the game in order to get what he wants.

As long as they do not harm any animals it's irrelevant to have a mock bullring in the site.
They might use it to educate people who are indifferent to animal cruelty.

Re:

In a long run it will help him to get a new recording contract.

He doesn't need Glastonbury, they need him. The lineups are getting more and more ridiculous and their headliners are now talentless and overrated bands like U2 (who Morrissey will be opening for!!)

He has to play the game in order to get what he wants.
If that's true then that's very sad, but I don't believe it for one second.

As long as they do not harm any animals it's irrelevant to have a mock bullring in the site.
But it does glorify it. If bullfighting were legal in the UK I'm sure Eavis would have a real one, he's a dairy farmer so killing animals is the norm to him.

They might use it to educate people who are indifferent to animal cruelty.
I would love to believe that. But we're talking about Michael Eavis here :(

£££££££££££££££££££ thats why Morrissey is playing Glastonbury

Birds eat worms. I eat birds. Worms will eventually eat me.

That's sobering and thought-provoking, something that Yoda might say if phrased a little differently e.g. Birds eat worms. Birds I eat. Eventually me, worms will eat!

Most people would probably agree with doing as little harm as possible to sentient life, and staying healthy.

Re:

He doesn't need Glastonbury, they need him. The lineups are getting more and more ridiculous and their headliners are now talentless and overrated bands like U2 (who Morrissey will be opening for!!)

But it does glorify it. If bullfighting were legal in the UK I'm sure Eavis would have a real one, he's a dairy farmer so killing animals is the norm to him.

I would love to believe that. But we're talking about Michael Eavis here :(
Get real

Re:

He doesn't need Glastonbury, they need him.
(

You are living in a bubble if you think Morrissey doesn't 'play the game to get what he wants'. He had to do that from the earliest stages of his career (remember how much he loathed making music videos/miming on TOTP?) and he has to do it even more now that he's without a record label or even a publisher for his autobiography. Glastonbury doesn't need Morrissey - U2 have and always will generate more public interest than him - but he needs Glastonbury, as an opportunity to get his face out there again and stoke up some interest in a new record deal. I'd go as far as to say that his 'controversial' new statements re: the Royal Family, David Cameron, etc etc, were designed to do exactly that.

Re:

True that he's had to do TOTP etc when he'd rather not, but he does seem to draw the line at venues connected to animal cruelty, he's cancelled numerous concerts because of it, the latest being Cheltenham. If the TOTP studios had previously been a slaughterhouse I doubt he'd have done it.

Yes I guess I am living in a bubble if it's true that Morrissey needs Glastonbury, and that he needs to get his face out there because people wouldn't know who he was otherwise. But last time I checked he was a very successful, incredibly famous artist. Who hasn't heard of Morrissey?

I think his statements regarding the Royal Family were designed to defend animals and just that, he's been doing that from day one and it's the thing he's most passionate about, probably the reason he started a career in songwriting in the first place.

Glastonbury Festival advertises itself as a compassionate, green event, and infact it's the opposite (except for Green Fields). It's full of meat stalls, the VIP area last year was going to serve foie gras until animal rights groups stopped it, and years ago a circus at the festival attempted to use horses in their performance, until animal rights protesters stopped it. I hope they'll do the same about this.

Last edited:
Re:

Glastonbury Festival advertises itself as a compassionate, green event, and infact it's the opposite (except for Green Fields). It's full of meat stalls, the VIP area last year was going to serve foie gras until animal rights groups stopped it..

:lbf::lbf::lbf: And they wpnder where the Glasto spirit went? Foie gras ffs

Back
Top Bottom