Moby Compares Morrissey To A "Drunk Uncle" - Radio X

Moby Compares Morrissey To A "Drunk Uncle" - Radio X
The Porcelain star has called some of the comments from the Smiths singer "weird" and "racist".

Excerpt:

Moby has lamented over some of Morrissey's views and compared him to a "drunk uncle".

The musician - whose real name is Richard Melville Hall - has revealed that while he likes some of the former Smith frontman's songs, he doesn't agree with his views.

Asked about the former Smiths frontman's recent controversial comments, the Porcelain star told the The Telegraph: "This reminds me of a Chris Rock skit, where he's talking about a weird drunk uncle.

"Everyone in the family is like, 'OK... we love him but he's gonna do something weird. Just stay away.'

"I don't know Morrissey. I liked The Smiths, I like some of his solo records, I appreciate that he's a vegan... but I kind of wish he would not say weird, racist things."

Last edited by a moderator:
I met Moby once after a show...This was in 2000, I had liked his Animal Rights and Play albums well enough. He was an absolute ass...The rudest celebrity I have ever met, hands down. There were a few of us waiting outside for him, and he acted like he was the biggest star of all time, and he told me I was being rude for asking him a simple question regarding his cover of Joy Division's Means To an End. I was stunned, and have not been a fan since, needless to say.

As a gay guy I declare it is O.K. to call Moby a giant girly fairy. Talk about boring people. Bore us some more. What other artists does he disapprove of. Snooze.

PS, reelfountain, Irish Blood Irish Heart and any other racist shitbags on here, I can't see your comments as I blocked your remedial racist asses but a downvote from you is pretty much an upvote as it's good to know I'm not on the shitbag team. Keep 'em coming. Go Moby!

‘The Porcelein star’ seems to sum up his fragility quite well

PS, reelfountain, Irish Blood Irish Heart and any other racist shitbags on here, I can't see your comments as I blocked your remedial racist asses but a downvote from you is pretty much an upvote as it's good to know I'm not on the shitbag team. Keep 'em coming. Go Moby!
If you've blocked me how come you seen the downvote I sent you? Hurt that much does it?

I guess racist uncle is slightly preferable to peodophile uncle although to be fair Mozzy does like his nonces as long as they aren't brown.

I think Morrissey has made his views clear on paedophilia, equating it with animal abuse.
Probably another reason he doesn't like the 'royal' family.....
The original racist nazis.
Google Phillip out goose stepping with the Battenburgs and his SS uncles in law. AKA mountbatten and Kincora Boys home abuse.
Andrew and Epstein.
Charles and his BFF Saville whose mother was the 'Duchess'.
Keep shouting racist and now apparently paedophile at Morrissey along with the 'popular' media and ignore the real stinking racists in your own country you call 'royalty'.
Cue the banjo from Deliverence as the bride and Charles walk up the aisle ... :guitar:

I don't see anything wrong with taking the piss out of people's looks and somehow equating a shaved head or a pencil mustache to racism. It is a balanced and well thought-out point.

He was recently on Joneys Jukebox staking the claim as most boring guest ever. His made up story of meeting Gene Simmons was embarrassing and pathetic.

Does anyone on here enjoy music by other artists? I’m reading loads of negativity on anyone who’s name comes up, other than Moz. These Moby comments are particularly interesting because there’s a large proportion of commentary on his looks and the things he’s said. Absolutely damning. ...and coming from the same folks who rail on the notion that Morrissey’s music should be separated from his personal opining.

Best Drunk Uncle on the internet:

You guys down with Raffi? He’s a little brown for some of you. ...and it might take some effort to get past his facial hair but just close your eyes and give him a chance!!

Waiting for someone to shop the Kill Uncle cover with an unflattering Moz photo and the text changed to Drunk Uncle.

Russell Mael and Moby speaking out against Morrissey... All it says to me is that they are like children in the school playground, frightened of being picked out and getting into trouble with the big kids. 'Oh, Morrissey is in trouble and being scrutinised again? Oh well, nothing to do with us. No, sir! We aren't his friends, promise! We are in the good camp, lest we attract any attention or get told-off by the media.'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom