Mixdown: "Rig Rundown: The Smiths" (May 1, 2023)

The-Smiths-1024x683.jpg

A look into the gear behind The Smiths, Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce - the original jangle rocking sad boys who won hearts the world over.
With an unmistakably honest sound and provocative lyricism, The Smiths are arguably the most iconic indie-rock band of all time, with their legacy still having an impact on the music of today.

Despite intentionally giving themselves “the most ordinary name”, The Smiths produced a brand of genre and era-defining music, bridging the genre gap between the New-Wave and Britpop that flooded the British Isles in the ’70s and ‘90s, respectively. While playing a major role in the popularity of Indie music in the Western world, The Smiths themselves also evolved their sound throughout their discography. From the band that graced the stages of student music shows, to the sensations that took the world by storm – these are the musical tools that The Smiths called their own.

Interesting collation featuring instruments & kit.
Regards,
FWD.

as someone who can only play the triangle this didnt do much for me,to anyone who plays an instrument they will find this interesting.

as someone who can only play the triangle this didnt do much for me,to anyone who plays an instrument they will find this interesting.

guess you never played your triangle through a Boss CE-2. It’s heavenly.

As someone who has been obsessed with music and records since i was 5 when i was bought Blockbuster by The Sweet by me dad, to playing the record and literally just sitting there watching the vinyl go round and wondering HOW does that magical sound come from that flat black slab of vinyl? It was like magic to me.
Ive never been interested in the recording process or what instruments were played and how is that sound created?
And i know that's important, but it would destroy the magic for me.
I just want to hear the finished product, and wallow in my ignorance.

As someone who has been obsessed with music and records since i was 5 when i was bought Blockbuster by The Sweet by me dad, to playing the record and literally just sitting there watching the vinyl go round and wondering HOW does that magical sound come from that flat black slab of vinyl? It was like magic to me.
Ive never been interested in the recording process or what instruments were played and how is that sound created?
And i know that's important, but it would destroy the magic for me.
I just want to hear the finished product, and wallow in my ignorance.
My very own copy if Blickbuster
IMG_0011.jpeg

One of my favorite American bands, Material Issue, did a great cover over the song. The singer loved The Sweet.

Had to go on spotify to listen to that. Not bad, i think there was a few american covers of uk glam hits in the 80s and 90s

Back
Top Bottom