Miraval Sessions

O

Orson Swells

With the appearance of the really excellent Boz-written "Honey You Know Where To Find Me" I wondered if anybody had a list of the tracks recorderd during the Miraval Sessions? Obviously the 8 Southpaw album tracks and 2 b-sides. Then there's "Honey...", and I seem to remember "Laughing Anne", "Agreeable Civil Servant" and "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" as rumoured titles. Plus some untitled instrumentals. I also recall Moz apparently covered Nancy Sinatra's "Happy" around this time, but didn't like the results! Does anybody have any more concrete information....

> With the appearance of the really excellent Boz-written "Honey You
> Know Where To Find Me" I wondered if anybody had a list of the tracks
> recorderd during the Miraval Sessions? Obviously the 8 Southpaw album
> tracks and 2 b-sides. Then there's "Honey...", and I seem to
> remember "Laughing Anne", "Agreeable Civil Servant"
> and "You Should Have Been Nice To Me" as rumoured titles. Plus
> some untitled instrumentals. I also recall Moz apparently covered Nancy
> Sinatra's "Happy" around this time, but didn't like the results!
> Does anybody have any more concrete information....

Yes, I seem to recall some of those titles. I have them somewhere in my extensive and chaotic archive.

> Yes, I seem to recall some of those titles. I have them somewhere in my
> extensive and chaotic archive.

Ah, I love a chaotic archive! I find the Miraval sessions really interesting. For one, it was very odd for Moz at the time to decide to record in France. Also, there seems to have been a real creative rush out of which only 10 songs were officially released. The instrumentals I've heard and "Honey..." - which reminds me of Boz's work with Kirsty MacColl - seem to suggest there is some great material buried from that period. Probably somewhere in your chaotic archive...

> Yes, I seem to recall some of those titles. I have them somewhere in my
> extensive and chaotic archive.

Hey Mr. Reynolds, you should post everything you've got. You are already the best poster on this awful board...and this will only make you better

Back
Top Bottom