Milwaukee Stage Invaders

Geof

Does anyone have pics of the stage invaders who made it up during the last song of the Milwaukee show?

Don't have any pics, but if you find some let us know. My friend was the girl that moz pulled up and hugged before it got really crazy and moz then left the stage. I think we met before the show in line. Can't wait for the birthday show!!! :D

yep. ealon here. i'm so happy that you got his shirt at the end of the show. at least some asshole didn't get it. i regret not smelling it though, i heard it was the most wonderful smell in the whole entire universe!

i'm just glad you're okay! we were really worried. did you get chicken? i can't believe i got the shirt at all, to be honest. he was just like "take this and don't let ANYONE see it." i can smell it from 10 feet away. are you sure you can't smell it from milwaukee? haha.

i didn't get chicken, but i got a pizza instead. i wish i could smell it from here. lol. yeah, i can't believe how exhausting this past week and it just came down on me at the worse time, but yeah, i'm very glad i'm ok and that i didn't have to go to the hospital.

well that's really, really good. i'm going to work on my parents and try to go to the birthday show with you guys. but hopefully you won't be tired or starving then. i'd hate for that to happen again. :(

so after all those people bitching about stage invaders and morrissey not liking them any more.... moz helped one of your friends up on stage!! Good for you's, and a big middle finger up to the pompous idiots that were wrong!!

Thanks for the info on the pics. I did not find any yet, but I am still looking. I got on stage and I am hoping that I can find a pic. Hope to see some of you in St Louis.

There's nothing on that site yet, but the guy had his camera, snapped a few shots (at LEAST), and handed out cards for the site. So I'm hoping there will be some up really soon. Or at least something...somewhere. Anything.

i tried twice to get on and was pulled down by the security guard both times. i don't necessarily blame him for that because it's his job but he definitely seemed like the worst security guard in the place. he seemed to be the only one enforcing the 2 ft rule (i was on the far left) and even when we leaned forward to try and get a look at julia he freaked out and pushed us back.

somewhat unrelated-did anyone feel like morrissey might've been upset at the audience because of how we reacted to kristeen young? he kept reaching his hand out and then pulling it back if we got close. does he do this often? this was only my second morrissey concert, the first being at the aragon in chicago in november. it seemed like he was in a much better mood in chicago and the overall vibe was a lot better then i thought.

somewhat unrelated-did anyone feel like morrissey might've been upset at the audience because of how we reacted to kristeen young? he kept reaching his hand out and then pulling it back if we got close. does he do this often? this was only my second morrissey concert, the first being at the aragon in chicago in november. it seemed like he was in a much better mood in chicago and the overall vibe was a lot better then i thought.

I'm not sure if Mozzer pulled back his hands as punishment for not loving KY, but his teasing of audience members (pulling hand back, shrugging shoulders and whistling idly while maniacal fans were dragged away screaming and fighting) has been evident to me since '97. Before then, he didn't do that. It seemed to get worse up through the 2004 tour.

But he's very labile -- will help some people up and pointedly avoid others, and I think he's getting pickier about whom he chooses to gladhand. But certainly if he sees someone being an arsehole, he does not reward it.

I think Moz lets loose at small town shows. He usually talks a lot more and seems very touched/surprised at the turn-out in these smaller places. I like the gigs in small obscure towns, too. If all things were equal (cost of travel and ease of fitting the show into my schedule etc), I'd choose seeing him in BF, mid-America before some major metropolis.

Thanks for the info on the pics. I did not find any yet, but I am still looking. I got on stage and I am hoping that I can find a pic. Hope to see some of you in St Louis.

Are you bringing him a present, for his birthday in St Louis? I think I am...

I'm not sure if Mozzer pulled back his hands as punishment for not loving KY, but his teasing of audience members (pulling hand back, shrugging shoulders and whistling idly while maniacal fans were dragged away screaming and fighting) has been evident to me since '97. Before then, he didn't do that. It seemed to get worse up through the 2004 tour.

But he's very labile -- will help some people up and pointedly avoid others, and I think he's getting pickier about whom he chooses to gladhand. But certainly if he sees someone being an arsehole, he does not reward it.

I think Moz lets loose at small town shows. He usually talks a lot more and seems very touched/surprised at the turn-out in these smaller places. I like the gigs in small obscure towns, too. If all things were equal (cost of travel and ease of fitting the show into my schedule etc), I'd choose seeing him in BF, mid-America before some major metropolis.

At times he pulls away because the hand offered isn't gentle enough. Imagine everybody doing that to you all the time and how your arm would feel afterwards. Demonstrate you aren't going to hold or pull him, even a bit and dramatically increase your chances. Offer. Don't grab.

He teases too! You sometimes need to prove how much it means to you. Also, ever notice him wiping his hand on his clothes to clean them after touching? That is teasing too. Vaudeville art.

i tried twice to get on and was pulled down by the security guard both times. i don't necessarily blame him for that because it's his job but he definitely seemed like the worst security guard in the place. he seemed to be the only one enforcing the 2 ft rule (i was on the far left) and even when we leaned forward to try and get a look at julia he freaked out and pushed us back.

I was on the left too, right against the stage; I think I know the security guard you were talking about. If so - I agree. I did not wait 6 and a half hours in line just so I could stand next to/behind a security guard that was about a foot taller than me! BUT, I did manage two handshakes, and I would've LOVED to have gotten on stage, and was seriously considering it by the end, but I got pushed a few people back in the last few minutes of the show because I didn't want the incoming stage-invaders-turned-stage-divers to land on top of me and smash me into pieces.

There's always next time. And next time I'll hopefully try for a piece of his shirt, too (I must say - extremely jealous of those who did get a piece), but this time he threw it too far away from where I was standing so I didn't bother. Right now, I'm trying to figure out a way to *maybe* go to the Myrtle Beach show since there are still some tickets left and it's all GA. Couldn't go to the Chicago show because I was only able to afford one show at the time and I much preferred to wait in line all day to be right in the front at the Riverside than to risk seated tickets at the Auditorium Theatre, even though I live outside of chicago (closer to DeKalb/Aurora, though.) If only every Chicago show he played could be GA - I do miss the Aragon.

Back
Top Bottom