Morrissey Central "MILEY IS A PUNK ROCKER" (December 24, 2022)

unnamed.jpg

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited:
Mozza on Miley:

''Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.''

I like Miley and have done since before the Morrissey association, I think you lot are a bit mean. She seems good fun, she's a good performer, she has good taste and she has a great voice. I particualrly like "nothing breaks like a heart".

Her new song is completely charming. A confection to be enjoyed by people of all ages as they drive, shop, eat crudite, bake, and clean.

She's a charming girl. Not a rocket scientist to be sure, but born under an auspicious sky all the same.

Good luck mending that broken heart of yours, Miley!

Mozza on Miley:

''Miley knew everything about me when she arrived to sing 'I Am Veronica' almost two years ago; she walked into the studio already singing the song. She volunteered. I did not ask her to get involved. Her professionalism was astounding, her vocals a joy to behold. Every minute that I spent with Miley was loving and funny. She asked if she could be in the 'Veronica' video. I was very honored. She told me that Morrissey songs are on 24-hour rotation in her house, and she had frequently been photographed in Morrissey t-shirts. Miley came into my world; I did not venture towards hers. I was eternally thankful, and even now, I remain so.''

Dolly looks absolutely ridiculous. :LOL:

Her new song is completely charming. A confection to be enjoyed by people of all ages as they drive, shop, eat crudite, bake, and clean.

She's a charming girl. Not a rocket scientist to be sure, but born under an auspicious sky all the same.

Vapid and boring. A beat and a hint of a tired Latin melody. Sounds like that Marc Anthony song slowed down, or maybe I'm thinking of the Rob Thomas thing with Santana. It's a nothing. Somebody wipe every trace of this starf*cker off the Morrissey record and let's get on with life.

2:27 mark I instantly pictured Christopher Walken.

Just revisiting this, as Miley's song "Flowers" has now been #1 in the UK for 7 weeks, and #1 in the US for 6 weeks.

In other words, Morrissey was on the cusp of having a song out, featuring backing vocals from literally one of the biggest current pop stars on the planet - the closest his career would have been to anything "mainstream" in years / decades / forever. And then it all fell apart.

(Which is one of the most Morrissey things that could possibly happen, of course...)

Just revisiting this, as Miley's song "Flowers" has now been #1 in the UK for 7 weeks, and #1 in the US for 6 weeks.

In other words, Morrissey was on the cusp of having a song out, featuring backing vocals from literally one of the biggest current pop stars on the planet - the closest his career would have been to anything "mainstream" in years / decades / forever. And then it all fell apart.

(Which is one of the most Morrissey things that could possibly happen, of course...)
As others already noted, the song featuring Miley Cyruswas probably the reason why Capitol records wanted to take the chance on BOT. They were hoping to get their slice. Without Miley Cyrus, the album has little chance of attracting renewed interest in Morrissey. It is just so unfortunate. Morrissey must be feeling really miserable now.

So she asked to be in the video? So much for her label not wanting her contribution mentioned! Though Moz did say afterwards the whole problem was some kind of conflict between Miley and someone from Moz's band? Seems very unprofessional to want your contribution removed due to something like that. Was the video shot?

So she asked to be in the video? So much for her label not wanting her contribution mentioned! Though Moz did say afterwards the whole problem was some kind of conflict between Miley and someone from Moz's band? Seems very unprofessional to want your contribution removed due to something like that. Was the video shot?
I don't think it was someone from his band, I thought it was someone Big in the music industry. I read it as someone who does not like Morrissey or wanted her affiliated with him.

I don't think it was someone from his band, I thought it was someone Big in the music industry. I read it as someone who does not like Morrissey or wanted her affiliated with him.
Oh, I might be misremembering the wording of it.

As others already noted, the song featuring Miley Cyruswas probably the reason why Capitol records wanted to take the chance on BOT. They were hoping to get their slice. Without Miley Cyrus, the album has little chance of attracting renewed interest in Morrissey. It is just so unfortunate. Morrissey must be feeling really miserable now.
To be fair, even if the release had have gone well and Veronica was the single I doubt he would have prompted it/made a video. Rebels was handled in the usual confusing way and that was prior to the capital saga, he bemoaned the chart position but what attempts did he carry out to promote it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom