Morrissey Central "MILEY IS A PUNK ROCKER" (December 24, 2022)

unnamed.jpg

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited:
As an anon posted in the other thread, it may actually be a case of Columbia either wanting her uncredited or wanting a piece of the pie.

And since Morrissey broke the agreement of her being uncredited by revealing her involvement on BoT in a Central post , then Columbia may have wanted some percentage that Capitol wasn’t willing to agree with. Hence the delay of the album. That’s my take
so far.

Also, his Central posts of leaving Capitol and Quest, may have just been a threat, rather than an actuality. But, I could be wrong there.

If it's a threat its a stupid thing to do as it just adds to the rumours that he's difficult to work with.

Well, then... I'll be waiting for someone here to compile an alternative live album from the available concert footage online. I'd love to do it but I'm a lazy b*stard and I don't know how to re-format a video or edit digital audio.

If it's a threat its a stupid thing to do as it just adds to the rumours that he's difficult to work with.

Yes, if true, I agree. But it’s just a speculation.

But for him to make that statement, then make it difficult for Capitol or Quest to get in touch with him and leave them to wonder if he’s serious. It’s a childish move, but wouldn’t be that surprising. Though, it’s just the way he seems to deal with some things, by shutting off, walking away, leaving it unresolved.

Hope I’m wrong, and he has actually left, and will just release himself from now on.

Well, then... I'll be waiting for someone here to compile an alternative live album from the available concert footage online. I'd love to do it but I'm a lazy b*stard and I don't know how to re-format a video or edit digital audio.

I’d be very surprised if BoT wasn’t leaked. If Richard Blade and possibly other DJ’s, etc have it?

Why is his family, Sam basically, enabling such crazy behaviour? Just seems to be drunkenly lashing out, blaming everyone else and burning bridges. This is really sad to see, how low things have got. I am feeling grief, seriously, for the decline of a once magnificent legacy.

Scott Rodger: https://www.musicbusinessworldwide....he-best-most-intense-university-in-the-world/

Also, his Central posts of leaving Capitol and Quest, may have just been a threat, rather than an actuality. But, I could be wrong there.
Morrissey himself says Capital 'control' the album. They've clearly already signed a licensing agreement, which is why 'Rebels' got a single release. I'm not sure Moz can pull out of the deal now if he wanted to. They'll release the album in their own time, and seemingly without Morrissey's further involvment (although given how he's done almost no publicity bar a couple of cheap-ass videos for the past few records that doesn't look like it will be a huge loss to them).

Morrissey himself says Capital 'control' the album. They've clearly already signed a licensing agreement, which is why 'Rebels' got a single release. I'm not sure Moz can pull out of the deal now if he wanted to. They'll release the album in their own time, and seemingly without Morrissey's further involvment (although given how he's done almost no publicity bar a couple of cheap-ass videos for the past few records that doesn't look like it will be a huge loss to them).
And would the terms of any heavily speculated upon licensing deal stipulate conditions / provide for the removal of specific vocals from a track - clearly without any (on current appearances) cooperation or consent of the artist & band? Not sure any such deals exist that cater for that event. Nor could they compel him et al in to a studio to do so.
Stalemate abounds.
FWD.

It seems like Miley is getting blamed. M used her and Iggy to try and be clever. He was in a bad place in professional terms, and he thought big names would help. I mean he rarely boasts about others being on his records.
It backfired

Can Moz grow a pair and finally fire Sam? He's been running his career since Kiss Me A Lot

What makes you think this post wasn't written/dictated by Morrissey himself? He'd at least have to OK this.

I agree that he needs to fire Sam, but we can't keep using Sam as an excuse for Morrissey's behaviour, considering he has been like this for years.

True... but you know how morrissey land works.
Yes it’s like a Black hole in space.
Every thing is upside down, side ways about. Nothing is ever straight forward.

Yeah, I understand that. But it seems during times of ‘upheaval’ he will throw himself into work. I’m saying this because I was surprised that he wrote, and recorded BoT so soon after his mother’s passing, so work may be another way he deals with things.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom