Morrissey Central "MILEY IS A PUNK ROCKER" (December 24, 2022)

unnamed.jpg

Miley Cyrus now wants to be taken off the song ‘I Am Veronica’ for which she volunteered backing vocals almost two years ago. This comes at a time when Morrissey has disassociated himself with Capitol Records (Los Angeles), who control the hidden album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’.
Above, Morrissey and Miley during Miley’s session for ‘I Am Veronica’.

Related items:
Media items:

Last edited:
Just revisiting this, as Miley's song "Flowers" has now been #1 in the UK for 7 weeks, and #1 in the US for 6 weeks.

In other words, Morrissey was on the cusp of having a song out, featuring backing vocals from literally one of the biggest current pop stars on the planet - the closest his career would have been to anything "mainstream" in years / decades / forever. And then it all fell apart.

(Which is one of the most Morrissey things that could possibly happen, of course...)

Let's not say that such things don't happen to Us either ("Morrissey Things"). And I guess that's why we're still here... ;)

Just revisiting this, as Miley's song "Flowers" has now been #1 in the UK for 7 weeks, and #1 in the US for 6 weeks.

In other words, Morrissey was on the cusp of having a song out, featuring backing vocals from literally one of the biggest current pop stars on the planet - the closest his career would have been to anything "mainstream" in years / decades / forever. And then it all fell apart.

(Which is one of the most Morrissey things that could possibly happen, of course...)
But wasn't that the problem outlined here? She was supposed to appear uncredited on the song. The problem came when Central announced her on the album. Unless what was said in this Twitter exchange was incorrect.

Last edited:
But wasn't that the problem outlined here? She was supposed to appear uncredited on the song. The problem came when Central announced her on the album. Unless what was said in that Twitter exchange was incorrect.
Good point, I'd forgotten about that whole "appearing uncredited" bit. Anyway, it still seems a little unfortunate that Morrissey can't benefit from being idolized by one of another generation's biggest stars. (And I don't think Miley's the only one...)

Good point, I'd forgotten about that whole "appearing uncredited" bit. Anyway, it still seems a little unfortunate that Morrissey can't benefit from being idolized by one of another generation's biggest stars. (And I don't think Miley's the only one...)
If she had actually asked to be included in the video, then the whole "appearing uncredited" thing cannot have been true.
I agree she can't be the only one, someone in his team should look into ways of using that in some way.

I wonder how Miley feels now, with her glorious number one, and Morrissey left behind in BOT quicksands. Still, musical chairs keep moving, and they may switch places before long.

The mystery remains, of what should and should not have been communicated among the different parties involved. Was whatever was agreed clear to everyone? A headache that could have been done without 🤕

A small part of me is hopeful that her label didn't want her on Bonfire as it may have got some bad press for her release just a couple weeks before it dropped. But now that it is out maybe it isn't as meaningful anymore for them anymore? Wishful thinking. Not much hope left to hear this record and that's a shame.

A small part of me is hopeful that her label didn't want her on Bonfire as it may have got some bad press for her release just a couple weeks before it dropped. But now that it is out maybe it isn't as meaningful anymore for them anymore? Wishful thinking. Not much hope left to hear this record and that's a shame.
Morrissey is still playing the Bonfire songs and even played Veronica (with Miley in the mix) on the 8th.

I hope there is still a chance it might come out. The more he tours and doesn’t cancel, the more viable he looks as an artist.

I don’t see why the label doesn’t drop the album with little ceremony on steaming. It would hardly be a resounding endorsement of Morrissey and his transgressions.

He surely can't just let the album go to waste. If he didn't get the rights to it back (which imo he likely did get), then what stops him from recording a live version, or even re-recording the album?

Last edited:
Just leak it if Capitol f'ed you. Then when their rights expire offer its first physical release independently in the same way you release Without Music... independently. Wishful thinking...

That's what I was thinking. Taylor Swift did just that:

This part seems a bit odd "Although Big Machine owned the masters, Swift retained the publishing rights to the albums due to her role as the main songwriter of all of the songs she had released under the label. This would allow her to re-record the songs in the future if she desired, as per the artist-label agreement that limits the artist from re-recording a song for a fixed period of time; Swift would not have been able to re-record her musical work had she not been a songwriter"

Wonder if that kind of agreement that would limit the artist from re-recording their own songs, is actually a thing or if it's common at all. And the second sentence... can't any artist do a cover version of any song?

Last edited:
Regarding Mileys vocals, it takes what, about 25 mins to load up Logic or whatever the software used was, remove her vocals and do a bit of tweaking to compensate for the difference in dynamics once her vox are taken out the mix?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom