Mike Scott (The Waterboys) on Morrissey's merchandise

The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention by Fiona Sturges - The Independent

"It has become a dispiriting ritual on social media that, every few months, Morrissey's name begins to trend, prompting swathes of music fans to sigh wearily and wonder what the silly idiot has said or done now. Former fan Fiona Sturges has had enough"
Mike Scott knows...

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You read them surface...all of them?
...even in btwn cleaning the celeb bogs down elderly edge way?
How do you find the time to troll on here?
I did notice tho you posted early today c.07:40 ish...just before you went off to your cleaning job.
How's it feel cleaning dwight's or rio's toilet?
Really demeaning? Lowest ever?
I guess so.
Hmmm.

thats the time unemployed Skinny wakes up and revs up all the usernames.

You read them surface...all of them?
...even in btwn cleaning the celeb bogs down elderly edge way?
How do you find the time to troll on here?
I did notice tho you posted early today c.07:40 ish...just before you went off to your cleaning job.
How's it feel cleaning dwight's or rio's toilet?
Really demeaning? Lowest ever?
I guess so.
Hmmm.

You seem to be becoming a bit obsessed with me, if you are so interested in me and my life just drop me a personal message via this site and I’ll happily arrange to meet you and show you what’s what around here.

You seem to be becoming a bit obsessed with me, if you are so interested in me and my life just drop me a personal message via this site and I’ll happily arrange to meet you and show and you what’s what around here.

Nobody is interested in your life Skinny, the poster is making the point you have none.

You seem to be becoming a bit obsessed with me, if you are so interested in me and my life just drop me a personal message via this site and I’ll happily arrange to meet you and show you what’s what around here.

Thnx

Haters gonna hate.

I bet Morrissey finds all this hilarious.

They hate him but they can't stop talking about him.

At least Mike didn't wait until Morrissey was dead.

And look, I'm a 30-year fan but I just can't defend him any more.

All along I thought he was misunderstood but he has no plausible deniability left. His explicit embrace of the far right and his signalling to alt-right blowhards who have never spent a penny on his records or shows is indefensible.

If you're offended by another artist signing his name to Morrissey albums, that tells you all you need to know about Moz signing his name to records by other artists, some of whom aren't around to voice their dis/approval.

You're making a fool of yourself so get off the stage.

You’re welcome, I’ve been on here since 2006 but have only lived in Alderley Edge since 2010. In the past, when the site was more pleasant a handful of people ( in the main folks from Europe) have asked me various things about the Manchester music scene and being a nice person I've helped them with what they want to know eg met them and taken to Ian Curtis’s remembrance stone in Macclesfield Cemetery.

Oh right... somebody pass me the needle & cotton I think my sides have just split
Interestingly, Mike Scott put W.B Yeats poetry to music , album title "An Appointment with Mr Yeats" and performed sold out shows in The Abbey Theatre in Dublin, and in London.
Assuming it was done for profit, as well as an homage to someone whose work he admired......... certain similarities to autographing someones work you admire. It's all in the perspective and people see what they want to see. I think Iggy Pop and Patti Smith should sign some of Morrisseys albums and sell them at their shows and that would be a fitting end to the storm in the china teacup.

Haters gonna hate.

I bet Morrissey finds all this hilarious.

They hate him but they can't stop talking about him.

You have no idea have you? You haven't got a clue how bad this has turned out?
How grubby it looks to people on the outside of the cult in the real world.
It's totally irreversible. He has signed his signature on other artists work without consent for nothing other than personal financial gain.

ITS DESPICABLE BEHAVIOUR FULL STOP.

It's going to stick with him now forever. There is no going back.
Is he that desperate for money ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

You’re welcome, I’ve been on here since 2006 but have only lived in Alderley Edge since 2010. In the past, when the site was more pleasant a handful of people ( in the main folks from Europe) have asked me various things about the Manchester music scene and being a nice person I've helped them with what they want to know eg met them and taken to Ian Curtis’s remembrance stone in Macclesfield Cemetery.

Went to the Cemetery and Ian's house with my eldest in the summer. There's a new book out called Joy Devotion you may be interested in looking at.

Went to the Cemetery and Ian's house with my eldest in the summer. There's a new book out called Joy Devotion you may be interested in looking at.

Not seen that, will have to take a look. The Cemetery thing is amazing isn't it with all the drawings, coins etc so long after he passed away. Hooky goes up there every year on the anniversary of Ian's death at 6am before any fans arrive, it's so nice that he has never forgotten him. I'm taking my youngest to the Apollo next year as Hooky is playing Unknown Pleasures and Closer in their entirety, as its the 40th anniversary (scary) of their release.

BTW, I'll never forget when you told me about George Borowski, it was so weird seeing a guy from Meatloafs band playing a solo gig in Alderley Edge!!

Last edited:
Lets be quite frank.
If I could have a framed signed album it would be California Bum signed by Mike Joyce, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Craig Gannon.

Lets be quite frank.
If I could have a framed signed album it would be California Bum signed by Mike Joyce, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke and Craig Gannon.

Benny's bum bum signed by nobody.

Not seen that, will have to take a look. The Cemetery thing is amazing isn't it with all the drawings, coins etc so long after he passed away. Hooky goes up there every year on the anniversary of Ian's death at 6am before any fans arrive, it's so nice that he has never forgotten him. I'm taking my youngest to the Apollo next year as Hooky is playing Unknown Pleasures and Closer in their entirety, as its the 40th anniversary (scary) of their release.

BTW, I'll never forget when you told me about George Borowski, it was so weird seeing a guy from Meatloafs band playing a solo gig in Alderley Edge!!

Yes I remember that, think it was a beer festival.
George is a very talented singer/songwriter/guitarist. I have all his albums and have seen him many times.
He was also guitar technician on the road with Teenage Fanclub.
I hope to catch him live again very soon.

Also Surface here's some insider info to keep an eye out for in the near future.
You may or may not know but a guy called Nick Hardy made a scale model of the Hacienda.
Between me and you he's now making one of Salford Lads Club.
More mystery for the cult to get their head around :tiphat:

And look, I'm a 30-year fan but I just can't defend him any more.

All along I thought he was misunderstood but he has no plausible deniability left. His explicit embrace of the far right and his signalling to alt-right blowhards who have never spent a penny on his records or shows is indefensible.

If you're offended by another artist signing his name to Morrissey albums, that tells you all you need to know about Moz signing his name to records by other artists, some of whom aren't around to voice their dis/approval.

You're making a fool of yourself so get off the stage.
Morrissey didn’t write Bowie is a twat though did he

Skinny, you are not a nice person you are a moron.
Nobody has ever asked anything about the music scence (outside of yourself), Skinny.

Yes I remember that, think it was a beer festival.
George is a very talented singer/songwriter/guitarist. I have all his albums and have seen him many times.
He was also guitar technician on the road with Teenage Fanclub.
I hope to catch him live again very soon.

Also Surface here's some insider info to keep an eye out for in the near future.
You may or may not know but a guy called Nick Hardy made a scale model of the Hacienda.
Between me and you he's now making one of Salford Lads Club.
More mystery for the cult to get their head around :tiphat:

Skinny Im still laughing at your post calling yourself a nice person. LOL
I guess this dunce of a username is also 'nice'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom