Mike Joyce's 'plea' for Smiths reunion

UPDATE 9:30 AM PT:

Mike Joyce reply to article posted by Uncleskinny:

Mike has posted this on Facebook...

"The article that was in The Sun's Bizarre column today is now a header on MSN too. So, let's straighten a few things out. I was called by a journalist from The Independent to talk about a new music college opening in Manchester called, BIMM. During the interview I was (inevitably, now it seems) asked about The Smiths reforming. I said that if I was asked, I would probably say yes. That's it...The journalist who I spoke to has contacted The Sun and made a story out of it. There is no,"plea" from me as The Sun have stated or as MSN have suggested me, "urging Morrissey to consider reuniting the band in a bid to please fans." Nor will there ever be."

'Bring back The Smiths'
- article in the Sun

Column in the Sun claiming Mike Joyce wants to reunite The Smiths. Hardly revolutionary news, but he seems to have been thinking about the setlist!

Last edited by a moderator:
what solo career does Moz have exactly? He hasn't put out a record in 4 years and has no record deal and his last 2 albums were medicore AT BEST... Moz' solo career is in ruins and hasn't looked this bad since 1997

Looked bad? To who? :squiffy:

I think Mike has had all his money now. He did it not just by waiting for Smiths royalties but by going after Morrissey's income wherever he could, including songwriting royalties, getting money out of tour promoters and so on. Plus a considerable amount extra in interest and enforcement costs. I believe the main reason that the Hollywood Bowl DVD was cancelled was that Warners would have paid Joyce before they paid Morrissey, for example.
I think this is true. I've never met Joyce but people who smile all the time and seem over friendly worry me. I meet meet Rourke once and he was stuck-up and rude. Rourke is no great rock star just because he was in The Smiths. Got no time for either Joyce or Rourke they are both idiots in my view and so are some of the people in their music scene.

As my very good friend, who introduced me to Morrissey's voice long ago said of The Smiths and his solo work; "They are both ice cream, just two different flavors."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom