Mike Joyce to recieve royalties on LOTFIPB!!

Explosive Kegs

Dear God, I LOVE IT!
Mike Joyce to recieve royalties on TLOTFIPB!!

I'm glad that the inclusion of 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys' on the Greatest Hits album will earn Mike (and Andy Rourke & Craig Gannon) a bit more money as a performing artist - just because it will piss off quite a few people on here:D:D

Last edited:
Re: Mike Joyce to recieve royalties on TLOTFIPB!!

Does that really make you happy? I wish I was that easy to please...

( I am not being sarcastic)

The man played on the songs and at the gigs, lets give him his dues, some here would prefer hanging........

oh no, don't be so provocative!!!

I'm glad that the inclusion of 'The Last Of The Famous International Playboys' on the Greatest Hits album will earn Mike (and Andy Rourke & Craig Gannon) a bit more money as a performing artist - just because it will piss off quite a few people on here:D:D

I bet they are really looking forward to getting £50. Maybe Morrissey has re-recorded it out of spite :)

well aren't you just a complete wanker :)

*starts drumming the last of the famous international playboys*

Maybe this is why the song list so so AWFUL so we don't buy it. Still some poor soul wanting 2 check Moz out 4 the first time will buy this CRAP GH & then explore no further. And all because BITCH Morrissey can't/won't pay people who have helped him in the past make such an EPIC comback(TLOTFIP) is an EPIC song. SUCH A SHAME!

Well, as long as it gladdens you for the right reasons...

:confused:

I give you 100 posts before Kewpie and Co ban you for trolling.

The performance royalties on this would be tiny. Hardly worth talking about even.​

I don't believe that Mike Joyce will get any money from this. No one cares about this so tune out now, but there are different types of royalties. Publishing and performance royalties are different.

If Mike Joyce were credited as a writer, he would be entitled to publishing royalties. If he performed on Morrissey's live version to be released on the Greatest Hits record, he would be entitled to performance royalties.

Performing on the original song does not entitle him to any royalties from the re-recorded version.

In fact, in one famous case, two musicians that appeared on Ozzy Osbournes first two solo records sued him for non-payment of royalties. In an act of spite, possibly, but one that shows the perverse business genius of Sharon Osbourne, the songs were altered. New parts were recorded by other musicians (Mike Bordin and Robert Trujillo) and so no more performance royalties can be claimed in the future.

This was sort of controversial as those records are considered by his fans to be Ozzy's best work.

Imagine if Morrissey were to have someone redo "the drums" to spite Mike Joyce and take away his further claim to performance royalties? If "the others" would agree to it he might do that $50 million tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
well aren't you just a complete wanker :)

Is that the extent of your reply?:rolleyes:

I give you 100 posts before Kewpie and Co ban you for trolling.

Eh??:confused: Who exactly have I trolled?

I
If he performed on Morrissey's live version to be released on the Greatest Hits record, he would be entitled to performance royalties.

I've not heard that it is to be a live recording, if that's the case then obviously royalties wont be paid.

Seriously, the reason for the post was merely to point out the fact that if it is the original recording, then the three ex Smiths will receive monies due, no matter how small. I thought I would throw it into a discussion as I know the subject of 'the drummer' causes a lot of pain for many on this site:D

Last edited:
I think I was wrong. I was thinking of live versions of The Smiths songs. Sorry. I think that you are right.

Still, I was careful to say "will be entitled to" rather than "will receive". :D

I agree with a previous poster that he was more then likely paid a session fee only and will not be receiving royalties..love him or hate him, MJ was the best drummer Moz has ever played with..hands down

I agree with a previous poster that he was more then likely paid a session fee only and will not be receiving royalties..love him or hate him, MJ was the best drummer Moz has ever played with..hands down

And Morrissey's been through more drummers than Spinal Tap. Who said draw your own conclusions?

GROW UP

Back
Top Bottom