Mike Joyce to play a 'Victorian Fairground Speedway Operator' in a new play!

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I've read the book this play has been based on..... some right scary buggers back then I can tell you!
Anyway, a few 'stars' are appearing in the play but in an already filmed clip. Their appearances will be on screen behind the main set on stage.
Mike, as the title suggests, plays a 'Speedway Operator' at a fairground.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1124607_gangs_of_yesteryear_brought_to_stage

Sits back and waits for the anti Mike comments or a hmmmmmm from Kewpie:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

huh

I'm so overwhelmed by your obsession about me.
You can't help mentioning about me every single post you make in here.

I'm really sorry for some users who also can't help following me because of your behaviour. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: huh

I'm really sorry for a particular user who also can't help following me because of your behaviour. :rolleyes:

I know you read every single post on here..... so you will know I am not the only one who is fed up of your 'mananging' the posts.

I'm not obsessed with you. I'm just fed up of being spoken to - or seeing other members being spoken to - as if they are a 4 year old...... and changing the titles of posts to ''hmmmmm'' as if your opinion is superior to us mere subjects. You are not a head teacher speaking to pupils. You are here to keep an eye on things and deal with foul play.
Who gives a flying pig that someone posted the same question two years ago.... and even then, they do not need telling to ''Look in search forum next time you think of posting'.
I have taken it upon myself to challenge 'your behaviour' because a) someone needs to, and b) it is ruining a very good set of messageboards.

If you want, I'll start a thread asking people to add their words to it regarding ''your behaviour''. Or they may feel free to add them to this post......

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:

You are free not to click the links I posted.

I add some links for some people who missed them when they're originally posted.

Although you posted 'no more kangaroo court' thread, you are free to post 18736th f**k off Kewpie thread.

Last edited:

I'm really sorry for a particular user who also can't help following me because of your behaviour. :rolleyes:

You replied to him so you are the one following.

I add some links for some people who missed them when they're originally posted.

Although you posted 'no more kangaroo court' thread, you are free to post 18736th f**k off Kewpie thread.

Ask yourself why there have been 18,736 f**k off Kewpie threads.... but zero similar threads for other mods.........

Adding links is not the issue...... it's your tone given to the posters.

Jukebox Jury

It is annoying when someone starts a thread and you refer back to one from eons ago.Like we all have a sad enough life to remember something someone said years ago.Plus you must have collected extensive data on everyone here as you know so much.

I'd be very interested to know who this 'particular user' that you feel sorry for is. Care to name names?

Jukebox Jury

:clap::clap:
I know you read every single post on here..... so you will know I am not the only one who is fed up of your 'mananging' the posts.

I'm not obsessed with you. I'm just fed up of being spoken to - or seeing other members being spoken to - as if they are a 4 year old...... and changing the titles of posts to ''hmmmmm'' as if your opinion is superior to us mere subjects. You are not a head teacher speaking to pupils. You are here to keep an eye on things and deal with foul play.
Who gives a flying pig that someone posted the same question two years ago.... and even then, they do not need telling to ''Look in search forum next time you think of posting'.
I have taken it upon myself to challenge 'your behaviour' because a) someone needs to, and b) it is ruining a very good set of messageboards.

If you want, I'll start a thread asking people to add their words to it regarding ''your behaviour''. Or they may feel free to add them to this post......

Jukebox Jury

:clap::bow:

You are so right JJ, i think the way Kewpie behaves for a moderator is terrible sometimes and really should be stopped

Well said Jukebox Jury. I always read your posts with interest seeing as you actually live in manchester and keep abreast of smiths related stuff going on locally. Peter also puts some useful stuff on these forums.

Don't let em grind you down.....

Well said Jukebox Jury. I always read your posts with interest seeing as you actually live in manchester and keep abreast of smiths related stuff going on locally. Peter also puts some useful stuff on these forums.

Don't let em grind you down.....

I take absolutely no pleasure in saying WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID.
But thank you for your support:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Yes, it'll bring back my memories of our gang fights against Gorton when Debdale Park fair was on. The Speedway was my favourite ride, whereas the Waltzers always made me throw up my candy floss.:sick:

" The Louder You Scream, The Faster We Go ". Ahhh, the memories. :D

Yes, it'll bring back my memories of our gang fights against Gorton when Debdale Park fair was on. The Speedway was my favourite ride, whereas the Waltzers always made me throw up my candy floss.:sick:

" The Louder You Scream, The Faster We Go ". Ahhh, the memories. :D

I remember my youthful days on the Waltzer and the Speedway..... the bloke would always say ''Do you wanna go a little bit faster?''
And we'd be like ''Noooooooo'' whilst hanging on for dear life......
And we'd go faster...........
Meanwhile the greasy haired fairground worker would be walking around the inside of the ride, leaning against gravity, spinning the waltzer faster or grinning at us whilst we were holding onto the speedway bike hoping not to fall off....

Jukebox Jury

I remember my youthful days on the Waltzer and the Speedway..... the bloke would always say ''Do you wanna go a little bit faster?''
And we'd be like ''Noooooooo'' whilst hanging on for dear life......
And we'd go faster...........
Meanwhile the greasy haired fairground worker would be walking around the inside of the ride, leaning against gravity, spinning the waltzer faster or grinning at us whilst we were holding onto the speedway bike hoping not to fall off....

Jukebox Jury

Ha ha, top description, JJ. When the greasy haired worker spun the Waltzer carriage, it always pinned my neck against the dirty leather head rest. I'm sure they spun it more so it made us lose more money out of our jeans pockets. I bet there was a fortune down the side of those seats. I used to love the Speedway ride though. I always jumped on quick to try and get a bike on the outside lane. The Big Wheel was the real scarey one for me. It always stopped when I was at the bloody top. How that rusty wheel stayed intact for all those years is a mystery to me.

Back
Top Bottom