Mike Joyce talks about Morrissey at Horse & Jockey - Chips of Chorlton podcast

https://audioboom.com/channels/4957234

Additional information posted by Zoinks in the comments:

Thanks for posting! Most of the interesting stuff comes at the end of part 2. But Mike speaks warmly of the other Smiths throughout.

Some revealing comments about Morrissey. Mike says he still loves Morrissey. He said he was part of the protective ring around him as were the other members of the band, because he seemed so vulnerable - he said his family protects him now.

Mike saw him in a computer shop 2 - 3 years ago, Moz was at the counter with his mother's computer and Mike was behind him, but was pulled away before Moz saw him.

He hopes Morrissey doesn't mean to be racist, that he is being misunderstood. Although I don't know how he thinks endorsing a far right political party could be misunderstood.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know enough about mike joyce to have a problem with him, but his confrontational attitude in his story about the computer shop kind of turned me off. like, Morrissey doesn't have to acknowledge your existance if he doesn't want to. what exactly did he think would come of it?

That's odd, you seemed to know enough about the children killed in the Manchester Bombing to go on a posting spree about how you're 'glad they're dead' , how it was 'hilarious' and 'worse things happen at KFC'

I'd put money on you ignoring this because 'you don't have to acknowledge my existence if you don't want to' - which is how narcissists think.

Honey, all you need to do is post a full and frank apology and I'll never post again. You've slurred me in the past, but *you* try directly dealing with the aftermath of a terrorist attack and see how happy it makes you.

Interesting snippet. In a way, it's strange that those 'surprise meetings' never happened more - during the 1990s, all of the ex-Smiths had homes in Hale/Bowdon. Morrissey's house was a ten-minute walk from Johnny's during the entire Electronic period.

I think it's funny that the clown in the post claims because Morrissey supports For Britain it means he's a "racist". Of course Morrissey specifically stated he supports that party because he's for Freedom of Speech, animal welfare, and British sovereignty and democracy, and against female genital mutilation, rape gangs, animal torture, etc. One could accuse any support of Labour of racism as their leader Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-Semite.
By the way, Anne Marie Waters was just suspended by the fascists at Twitter for stating a fact, that girls in Rotherham were raped by Muslim gangs, and that the South Yorkshire police tweeted the other day urging people to report fellow citizens if they said anything anyone found offensive even if it was non-criminal. YEs, they really tweeted that, go see for yourself. The UK is no longer a free country, and the cops want citizens to report each other to the Thought Police.
I have no doubt that Theresa May urged Twitter to silence Waters, and this is a part of an intense crackdown on Freedom of Speech by the Left on all of social media and beyond. They are the fascists. They are the Nazis. They are the brownshirts. We're not allowed to SPEAK. We are being THOUGHT-POLICED. The good news is, they are cracking down because people have woken up and are asserting themselves in elections across the West.

I think it's funny that the clown in the post claims because Morrissey supports For Britain it means he's a "racist". Of course Morrissey specifically stated he supports that party because he's for Freedom of Speech, animal welfare, and British sovereignty and democracy, and against female genital mutilation, rape gangs, animal torture, etc. One could accuse any support of Labour of racism as their leader Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-Semite.
By the way, Anne Marie Waters was just suspended by the fascists at Twitter for stating a fact, that girls in Rotherham were raped by Muslim gangs, and that the South Yorkshire police tweeted the other day urging people to report fellow citizens if they said anything anyone found offensive even if it was non-criminal. YEs, they really tweeted that, go see for yourself. The UK is no longer a free country, and the cops want citizens to report each other to the Thought Police.
I have no doubt that Theresa May urged Twitter to silence Waters, and this is a part of an intense crackdown on Freedom of Speech by the Left on all of social media and beyond. They are the fascists. They are the Nazis. They are the brownshirts. We're not allowed to SPEAK. We are being THOUGHT-POLICED. The good news is, they are cracking down because people have woken up and are asserting themselves in elections across the West.
Here's the mentioned tweet:
"In addition to reporting hate crime, please report non-crime hate incidents, which can include things like offensive or insulting comments, online, in person or in writing. Hate will not be tolerated in South Yorkshire. Report it and put a stop to it #HateHurtsSY"

NO wonder Ayatollah Skinny is all happy poor Anne Marie was banned by the DHs at the twitter.
Momentarily his echo aka :handpointright::turban::handpointleft: the Halal Butcher will be making one of his poofy patronizing
troll posts.
GOOD WORK ANNE MARIE:thumb:

That's odd, you seemed to know enough about the children killed in the Manchester Bombing to go on a posting spree about how you're 'glad they're dead' , how it was 'hilarious' and 'worse things happen at KFC'

I'd put money on you ignoring this because 'you don't have to acknowledge my existence if you don't want to' - which is how narcissists think.

Honey, all you need to do is post a full and frank apology and I'll never post again. You've slurred me in the past, but *you* try directly dealing with the aftermath of a terrorist attack and see how happy it makes you.

:rolleyes:

:drama:

FFS everybody with sense knows LMW Mike never saw Moz at the computer store:lbf:
"I stood behind MOZ at the computer store but LUCKILY:lbf: someone pulled me by my two
foot wide flat head out of the line so MOZ never saw me but he would have been ready
to see me point at his nose had I not had been pulled by my stumpy neck"

He makes up these Moz stories to have something to be interviewd about FFS

Andy Rourke used heroin aka "Mr Brownstone" because of Mike Joyce's awful offbeat drumming. Andy Rourke listened to too much of Mike Joyce's awful offbeat drumming and Andy Rourke would use heroin aka "Mr Brownstone" to numb the pain.

Understandable with LMW caterwauling on the drums.:astonished:

You dont ruthlessly sue somebody you love for money you havent earned.

He doesnt love Morrissey. Hes just chasing more unearned money by playing the misunderstod Smith. Trying to worm back into a reunion that wont happen.

The story is pathetic. How did he know whose computer it was? Who pulled him away and why? Who cares?

Very perceptive, one of many made up LMW Mike stories so as to have something to be interviewed about.
ps- maybe his bodyguard pulled him by the neck, being that he is a HUGE CELEBRITY in Manchester:lbf:
(he could dance The Duck buck naked on the streets of Manchester and nobody would know who was.:lbf:)

He will do anything to be in the spot light! I wonder why he never managed to put a band together by himself!?

The guys a stalker that's why mozzers security had to whisk him away before it became a taser situation. :crazy::crazy:

:rolleyes:

:drama:

FFS everybody with sense knows LMW Mike never saw Moz at the computer store:lbf:
"I stood behind MOZ at the computer store but LUCKILY:lbf: someone pulled me by my two
foot wide flat head out of the line so MOZ never saw me but he would have been ready
to see me point at his nose had I not had been pulled by my stumpy neck"

He makes up these Moz stories to have something to be interviewd about FFS

You’re slipping, you forgot to make fun of that know-it-all Mike’s giant flappy ears!

Mike is a very lucky man, a drummer, made himself a million plus, basically out of being in the right place at the right time, fair play, he played good drums, but Morrissey made that money for him. We all know the story, and in the end Mike destroyed any hopes of a Smiths reunion for one simple reason, and that is pure greed, these are the facts.

Mike is a very lucky man, a drummer, made himself a million plus, basically out of being in the right place at the right time, fair play, he played good drums, but Morrissey made that money for him. We all know the story, and in the end Mike destroyed any hopes of a Smiths reunion for one simple reason, and that is pure greed, these are the facts.
Who wants a Smiths reunion? Why spoil the magic of something that was perfect?

Not me, it'd be shit. They left a pretty much perfect legacy of music bar four or five tracks. For evidence just look at the Pixies post reformation. No good can come of it.

Yeah, but you know Morrissey and Johnny still play the songs. You hear Morrissey do Smiths songs and then you hear Johnny Marr do them and you think...Why can't they just do these TOGETHER??

Yeah, but you know Morrissey and Johnny still play the songs. You hear Morrissey do Smiths songs and then you hear Johnny Marr do them and you think...Why can't they just do these TOGETHER??

You'd assume they're a long way apart these days in wanting to spend any time together. With Morrissey being the English Ted Nugent and all. Just leave things where they were and hope to God that Morrissey shuts the f*** up.

A friend told me a story that Mike Joyce told him that he ran into Morrissey in a supermarket in Manchester like a year or so after the 96 court case and that Mike went up to Morrissey and told him Hello how are you how are things with you and Morrissey responded to Mike as well with saying hello how are you and everything is well and Mike then told Morrissey well it was good seeing you take care and Morrissey said likewise.

Not me, it'd be shit. They left a pretty much perfect legacy of music bar four or five tracks. For evidence just look at the Pixies post reformation. No good can come of it.

Indeed. Or the Sex Pistols for that matter. Great bands should never ever reform. It just doesn't work. It always just comes across as a bunch of fat old men* desperately trying to relive their youth and go back to a time when they were actually good and relevant.

*I don't count Frank Black in that. He was always a morbidly obese f***er.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom