Mike Joyce on The Smiths, Morrissey allegations - Sam Delaney's News Thing

:crazy:
"speaks to drive through garbage can after mistaking it for the speaker?":squiffy:
can you translate?:laughing:

Andy is unemployed and Johnny is dropping his latest shitty album next month.:whip:

It's the funniest thing. Google translate came back with "vegan.cro spirit #116 is a complete and utter f***wit."

Haven’t spoken to him in a ‘while’

this thread started out fine with a bit of sympathy for joyce then desceneded into the same old same old.

What a blithering, thick sack of shit that interviewer was. Didn't let Mike get a word in edgeways, didn't listen to him at all when he spoke, and the clowns in the gallery were laughing behind their hands the whole time. Sad.

A terrible interviewer, but Mike came across well.

On a tangentially related note...while Morrissey has obviously courted controversy, the fact that Shania Twain has been forced to apologize just for mentioning who she would have voted for in the U.S. election shows just how insane the world has become...

Nobody "forced" Shania Twain to apologize for supporting Trump. Apparently her fans reacted to her statement and she is now trying to un-say it.
But you're not stupid. I am aware of your posts. So please consider that you're supporting this ridiculous position by right wing conservatives that "We can't even say stupid things anymore without someone reacting!"

She lives in a fortified palace somewhere and doesn't have to ever interact with anyone if she doesn't want to. She is very low on the list of people that require you to feel sorry for her. Maybe if she is too stupid to realize that making political statements in a politically troubled time will invite divided reaction then this a good lesson?

Nobody "forced" Shania Twain to apologize for supporting Trump. Apparently her fans reacted to her statement and she is now trying to un-say it.
But you're not stupid. I am aware of your posts. So please consider that you're supporting this ridiculous position by right wing conservatives that "We can't even say stupid things anymore without someone reacting!"

She lives in a fortified palace somewhere and doesn't have to ever interact with anyone if she doesn't want to. She is very low on the list of people that require you to feel sorry for her. Maybe if she is too stupid to realize that making political statements in a politically troubled time will invite divided reaction then this a good lesson?

Thanks for proving my point.

It is even more sad that Morrissey and Johnny Marr are not friends. They knew each other before Mike and Andy came in the picture. Morrissey and Johnny were like 'hand in glove'. However, that will be impossible now because of the way Morrissey is turning. Their minds are totally different. Morrissey still delusional about a Britain from the past that will never come back!!

Morrissey's England can't come back because it never existed. If everyone "stayed where they is" there would have been no British Empire in the first place and all these horrible immigrants he's worried about probably wouldn't be able to find England on a map.
You can't long for the old days and also say that you're not a racist. The fact that there is still a royal family is a clear symbol of a country whose history is steeped in racism. Monarchy is racism. If those people aren't pretending to be some sort of superior race then what is the point of a royal bloodline anyway?

Thanks for proving my point.

My disagreement with her, after the fact, is proof that she was "forced" to modify her statement? That's ridiculous. She can say whatever she wants to and people can react to it. That's how it works. It doesn't force her not to speak.
Would you like it to be against the law to have an opinion on statements made by pop country singers from the 90's?

My disagreement with her, after the fact, is proof that she was "forced" to modify her statement? That's ridiculous. She can say whatever she wants to and people can react to it. That's how it works. It doesn't force her not to speak.
Would you like it to be against the law to have an opinion on statements made by pop country singers from the 90's?

No and I didn't say anything of the sort.

It's interesting that you mention 90s country singers though because the way The Dixie Chicks were treated shows that there is nothing new about this kind of situation and the stupidity comes from both sides.

Morrissey's going to be so heartened to see this clip on YouTube after a difficult week.

Wow why do they keep taking everything Morrissey says out of context it’s so annoying. Lazy journalism pure and simply. We will miss him when he has gone. In my humble opinion the world needs more people like Morrissey why question the status quo make you think & feel basically intelligent with feeling. WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

Wow why do they keep taking everything Morrissey says out of context it’s so annoying.

I think it's a sort of misguided politeness. If they take it out of context, it always sound slightly less twattish than it actually was.

it's a shame mozzer and mike cant be friends. I could imagine them as friends, sitting together, chatting. mike seems most agreeable.

1. What ? Ridiculous Post.
2. Yes, Your Lordship. (Author Giggles whilst watching the fumes of "something" - that shouldn't be present - drift away from beside your keyboard.)

Hazard
x

I think part of the problem is some people are unable to view Morrissey in a nuanced way.
I judge him by his words, which are never nuanced. The entire Morrissey aesthetic is based on light, and dark, and broad edges. There's no middle ground. Everything is dramatized, and framed as extreme.

Seeing Morrissey in a nuanced way means automatically accepting his shallow reasoning.

Let's not pretend Morrissey has ever desired to be seen as "rational."

Race
Politics
Animal Rights
Music
Personal relationships

He's extreme about all of those things. He never grew up. He's stuck in the binary emotional world of an adolescent.

I'm not hearing some full throated defense by Joyce that some are hearing. I think some are desperately looking for kind words for Morrissey at this point. It feels like a death watch.

Mike was never going to throw Morrissey under the bus; regardless of how he feels about him. Joyce has always taken the high ground when it comes to Morrissey, and that makes Morrissey's psychotic comments about Joyce appear all the more unfair.

All I heard was a man walking the line between, "he's not a monster," "but you have to act responsibly for what you say, and how you say it."

He was being diplomatic, which is wise. He was hardly going to the mat for him, and I doubt Morrissey would see it that way either.

Mike knows Morrissey's nuts, but they share a legacy.

I did find it humorous that Mike said that he believes Morrissey is nostalgic for an England that existed thirty or forty years ago.

First off, no shit. Secondly, he's not just reminiscent of an England from thirty or forty years ago, but more like sixty or seventy years ago. Hell, maybe even a thousand for all we know.

Also, he made the point that Morrissey's parents were immigrants, and kind of leaves it hanging there.

I thought that was telling.

Morrissey's going to be so heartened to see this clip on YouTube after a difficult week.
Ha! The only thing Morrissey is going to think when he watches Joyce squirm with the desire to say more, is, "He has my money."

I remember reading an old Joyce interview where he remarked how disinterested Morrissey was in other cultures when The Smiths were on tour.

You know Joyce would love to say, "Look, he's a bigoted prick, who also happens top be a bit of a miser. What can you do?"

City fans are cucks and United fans stand up for themselves, the easy explained differnece between Joyce and Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom