Mike Joyce on The Smiths, Morrissey allegations - Sam Delaney's News Thing

Well you'd better get used to it, because I have no reason to believe it's NOT true. And I'm not the only one to cross-check that.

Did you cross-check it with Mike, by any chance? Did he laugh his head off?

As I said at the time, burden of proof doesn't work like that - quite apart from how ridiculous it sounds, the fact that infamous obsessive/shit-stirrer extraordinaire Johnny Rogan was oblivious to it and the fact that Mike Joyce has been in a relationship with his girlfriend (now wife) since 1979!

I've seen people on here say that they "can verify" much the same secret-love rumour about Morrissey and Marr, Morrissey and Geoff Travis, Morrissey and Jo Slee, Morrissey and half his solo band members, on and on and on. I could tell you that I had it on utmost authority that Morrissey and John Peel were lovers, and then I could get really angry and defensive when questioned, but I'd still have not a bean to prove any of it. If it's true, mind-blowing! But really, it looks like total bollocks to anyone with half a grasp of the Smiths backstory, and the only reason it is being given airtime at all is because you get so aggressive when your "info" is questioned and some people here just like tormenting you. Read Severed Alliance and Autobiography, read any Smiths-era interview and it is pretty clear who Morrissey had (unrequited) feelings for, and it ain't old big-lugs Joycie.

Morrissey, in The Guardian, 2002:

'The whole point of this court case was to say Mr Joyce is a poor shambolic character in desperate need of money who has been treated abysmally by Morrissey and Marr - when the fact was he had been treated with absolute generosity, considering the minor role that he played. He played his instrument and went home. He was always in search of more shags. Now Johnny Marr and myself, throughout the history of The Smiths, never slept with anybody, and took The Smiths very seriously. We stayed up till the small hours perfecting and shaping everything. Joyce was the exact opposite - he had no sense of duty. So when this person therefore, 10 years after the group has ended, starts demanding £1m..."

If you're interested.

Last edited:

As I said at the time, burden of proof doesn't work like that - quite apart from how ridiculous it sounds, the fact that infamous obsessive/shit-stirrer extraordinaire Johnny Rogan was oblivious to it and the fact that Mike Joyce has been in a relationship with his girlfriend (now wife) since 1979!

I've seen people on here say that they "can verify" much the same secret-love rumour about Morrissey and Marr, Morrissey and Geoff Travis, Morrissey and Jo Slee, Morrissey and half his solo band members, on and on and on. I could tell you that I had it on utmost authority that Morrissey and John Peel were lovers, and then I could get really angry and defensive when questioned, but I'd still have not a bean to prove any of it. If it's true, mind-blowing! But really, it looks like total bollocks to anyone with half a grasp of the Smiths backstory, and the only reason it is being given airtime at all is because you get so aggressive when your "info" is questioned and some people here just like tormenting you. Read Severed Alliance and Autobiography, read any Smiths-era interview and it is pretty clear who Morrissey had (unrequited) feelings for, and it ain't old big-lugs Joycie.

'The whole point of this court case was to say Mr Joyce is a poor shambolic character in desperate need of money who has been treated abysmally by Morrissey and Marr - when the fact was he had been treated with absolute generosity, considering the minor role that he played. He played his instrument and went home. He was always in search of more shags. Now Johnny Marr and myself, throughout the history of The Smiths, never slept with anybody, and took The Smiths very seriously. We stayed up till the small hours perfecting and shaping everything. Joyce was the exact opposite - he had no sense of duty. So when this person therefore, 10 years after the group has ended, starts demanding £1m..."

If you're interested.

It's up to you ultimately. Either you believe what I was told or you don't. I do.

If you're interested.
Nice interview. Ah, the days when he was still spontaneous and witty. And didn't hit you over the head with his ill-thought-out 'world views'. Something definitely happened in the intervening years, he sounds almost like a different person.

It's up to you ultimately. Either you believe what I was told or you don't. I do.

It's interesting how you have built your entire persona on here upon your insistence for the 'facts', 'proof' and 'truth', yet you are quite happy to spout salacious gossip and hearsay nonsense if you think it gives you a position of power or influence.

Face it Skinny, you know nothing and you are nothing. People come here just to laugh at you.

I don't care who think you have spoken to or what you believe, you are still the world's biggest twat.

c*** Face, you need to stop speaking in gibberish, it be a lot easier for you to talk if you would take that dick out of your mouth.

Since no one is talking here, this is a internet forum, I take it you are hearing voices.
Let me make a note of it.:clipboard:

Now "this c*** face take your dick out of your mouth" + the severe trust issues you suffer from
can only make me conclude that your daddy/mommy issues are getting worse. You dont
trust white people, mommy and daddy were white. Let me make a note of it.:clipboard:

When you dream of running over Mexicans with your car, do you often see Moz
driving by in a Ferrari? Thats whats left of you morality evaporating.
Let me make a few scribbles.:clipboard:

I think, without looking at my notes, that you have big problems.:crazy:

Morrissey has a history of cloaking his real feelings in another issue. We saw that recently with his espousal of animal rights as a reason for supporting For Britain, when we all know it's other reasons.

Likewise, remember in The Importance Of Being Morrissey, when discussing the court case, he said this...

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=knGNc5LGcpw&p=n#/884;892

I used to think The Smiths would get back together. People in the know I talked to said it would never, ever happen. Then I was told about all this. Then I realised that it's a bridge too far. You don't forgive a jilted lover.

So what if two 20 somethings had a fling 35 years ago.
It's none of your business

This is why no one likes the media and everyone is so at odds with the Hollywood-Mockingbird mainstream discourse. This stuff is sick! Even Mike Joyce, who has no incentive to defend Morrissey, is clearly taken aback by the vicious, unhinged insanity of it all.

This is why no one likes the media and everyone is so at odds with the Hollywood-Mockingbird mainstream discourse. This stuff is sick! Even Mike Joyce, who has no incentive to defend Morrissey, is clearly taken aback by the vicious, unhinged insanity of it all.

I think it's just that, obviously not Morrissey included as he'll take his smite to the grave, but most people would defend a friend or an ex friend if asked. I would anyway.

Since no one is talking here, this is a internet forum, I take it you are hearing voices.
Let me make a note of it.:clipboard:

Now "this c*** face take your dick out of your mouth" + the severe trust issues you suffer from
can only make me conclude that your daddy/mommy issues are getting worse. You dont
trust white people, mommy and daddy were white. Let me make a note of it.:clipboard:

When you dream of running over Mexicans with your car, do you often see Moz
driving by in a Ferrari? Thats whats left of you morality evaporating.
Let me make a few scribbles.:clipboard:

I think, without looking at my notes, that you have big problems.:crazy:

No but I see your momma giving me head.

I think it's just that, obviously not Morrissey included as he'll take his smite to the grave, but most people would defend a friend or an ex friend if asked. I would anyway.

It definitely puts things in perspective. Joyce was clearly more inclined to defend Morrissey than to go along with the script that was being presented to him.

It definitely puts things in perspective. Joyce was clearly more inclined to defend Morrissey than to go along with the script that was being presented to him.

Joyce has never said a bad word against Morrissey in years despite all provocation. It's quite admirable in a way.

It does seem to help Morrisseys reputation with the ending of the Smiths if we can insert the facts about Mike and Morrissey as lovers.

74513AE5-B3E0-4070-9617-DCDD022544EB.jpeg
You 'see' a
"momma"?
how about a
"daddo"

Wow let me take notes. :clipboard:Very troubling you might need sedation.:pill:

Look everyone Vegan.Cro is one of those whack jobs that prescribe pills, he and his like killed Michael Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, Elvis Presley and so on, he also wants to prescribe you the gentrification and pussification of people with his veganism which equals turning people into a twat. Look Everyone Vegan cro is a giant twat, he’s is the embodiment of a twat if you look up twat on the internet Vegan Cro will appear.

Ps. He’s also a c*** face

If you're interested.

I'm so proud of you, Amy.

It's interesting how you have built your entire persona on here upon your insistence for the 'facts', 'proof' and 'truth', yet you are quite happy to spout salacious gossip and hearsay nonsense if you think it gives you a position of power or influence.

Face it Skinny, you know nothing and you are nothing. People come here just to laugh at you.

I don't care who think you have spoken to or what you believe, you are still the world's biggest twat.
tumblr_inline_nyaifdrwrr1qz6ue3_500.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom