Mike Joyce on backing vocals!

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I was listening to Mike Joyce's radio show yesterday (after watching City's STUNNING victory at the evil red empire) and someone asked him if he had ever sung on any record.
Mike said he sang backing vocals on 'Work Is A Four Letter Word'.

Later in the evening I went to see Vinny Peculiar in Manchester and Mike was there, so I asked him if it was true and he said yes it was!

I've just checked in Simon Goddard's 'Songs That Saved Your Life' book and there it was, mentioned in detail! Didn't know that before!

Jukebox Jury

I like them too.

It must have been a pretty boring day in the studio that afternoon though, eh?

I can just imagine Mike trying to break the silence - "MOZ! MOZ! PLEASE MAY I SING SOME BACKING VOCALS!?"

Moz: Whatever...

Theres a nugget of info I was unaware of.

Mike said he sang backing vocals on 'Work Is A Four Letter Word'

That alone is worth all the money he won in the lawsuit.....NOT!

That alone is worth all the money he won in the lawsuit.....NOT!

Thanks - I made a bet with myself that within the first 10 posts, someone would turn this thread into an excuse to bring up the court case and to use it against Mike.:rolleyes:

I won and have therefore just won £10 from myself (takes the note from right hand with his left hand!)

Jukebox Jury

Thanks - I made a bet with myself that within the first 10 posts, someone would turn this thread into an excuse to bring up the court case and to use it against Mike.:rolleyes:

I won and have therefore just won £10 from myself (takes the note from right hand with his left hand!)

Jukebox Jury

It's a good job they scrapped tax on betting. That could have cost you?

Jukebox Jury

LOL........couldn't resist..........now where is my cut?

I was listening to Mike Joyce's radio show yesterday (after watching City's STUNNING victory at the evil red empire) and someone asked him if he had ever sung on any record.
Mike said he sang backing vocals on 'Work Is A Four Letter Word'.

Later in the evening I went to see Vinny Peculiar in Manchester and Mike was there, so I asked him if it was true and he said yes it was!

I've just checked in Simon Goddard's 'Songs That Saved Your Life' book and there it was, mentioned in detail! Didn't know that before!

Jukebox Jury

a real fan would have known that... :rolleyes:

lol

are we bored of the "real" fan threads yet?

I'm not worthy to be a true fan:tears:

Jukebox Jury

but that is because you would not want to be a fan
you are an audience member!
flowers.gif

Jukebox Jury

Hey JJ,

This lot is predictable like that. I wonder how many people have enjoyed that song for ages, and will now boycott it! Sad indeed...

Hey JJ,

This lot is predictable like that. I wonder how many people have enjoyed that song for ages, and will now boycott it! Sad indeed...

Sparkleboy,
I have just seen on the news, the environment is under threat due the amount of fires being started around the world as Morrissey fans hold a ritual bonfire burning their copies of 'Work Is A Four Letter Word':D

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom