Mike Joyce interview in the Salford Star; mentions future autobiography release

SALFORD LADS CLUB HOSTS MIKE JOYCE AND PAUL LAKE FOOTY AND MUSIC SPECIAL - Salford Star

Man City fan and former drummer with The Smiths, Mike Joyce, and The Smiths fan and former City legend Paul Lake will be teaming up for a night of Football and Music Stories for an audience at Salford Lads Club next month. Here, Ian Leslie asks Mike Joyce about music, City and a possible autobiography...

Excerpt:

Paul's autobiography is a great read; would you consider releasing a book?

You're right, it is a great read. And that's one of the reasons why I wanted to interview Paul. My book? I wasn't so sure a few years ago, but there seems an inevitability now that I'll release something in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laugh out loud at all the predictable bot responses :rofl:.
Put the kettle on its all so very entertaining to read the views of bot wankers who weren't even shot from their daddy's sack as well as living overseas when The Smiths kicked off.

Poor bots ! :laughing: I only lived on the door step and saw it all in real time (I WAS THERE:tiphat:)
Should see my attic ! Full of ultra rare signed Smiths shit ! Should be worth a bit, even more when the soil falls over Steve's head. Don't you wish you was a butcher like me :ahhh:

God bless the good old DSA:unitedstates: and the pussy grabbin, locker room talking Putin-puppet-president Donny Parff :brows::guitar:. Reckon he won't be grabbin Theresa's pussy on Friday :mock:.

God save the Queen

Keep up the entertainment bots

Benny-the-British-Butcher:greatbritain::knife:

So here we have it. After a slurry of increasingly pitiful posts by the balding maestro of tedium, he finally reaches his nadir...this is just desperate.

To clarify, this witless fart-cloud of bilious shite is an adult. A grown man. Late 40s or early 50s...he has a right to vote, to spawn children. Just think about that for a second. Jaysus wept...

Benny, you clearly have a number of mental health issues to go along the obvious learning difficulties you exhibit in every post. It would be cruel to mock the afflicted so I will stop with the ad homs. All I will say is, you do not have to suffer alone. There are professionals who can help you. Stop wasting your time on here and seek them out. Good luck.

JP

Benny the butcher seems to have missed that decrying people as bots is as predictable as what bots post.

Shame as I like his usual take and wouldn't have minded something a bit more analytical.

Benny the butcher seems to have missed that decrying people as bots is as predictable as what bots post.

Shame as I like his usual take and wouldn't have minded something a bit more analytical.
That should worry you.

I like it because it's different and at least he signs his posts, to say I'm a "fan" would be wrong as he's a bit of a tryhard who sneers instead of posting honest truths. He has occasionally good angles, but the bot comment in this thread 1) says nothing about his interest or thoughts of what a Joyce book may be worth, and 2) lacks originality and comes across as tired.

Yes, the chorus of MOZ IS ALWAYS RIGHT posts get boring, especially as Mike got performance royalties and he performed. Why does it have to be such extremes though? You're not a bot if you simply take Moz's side, like you don't hate Moz if you think Joyce had a small point (I'm not sure overall the fuss was worth it because it tarnished the legacy of the band for the benefit of one person).

See, so Morrissey turning his back on Joe Moss doesn't mean out, or John Porter who did several key Smiths songs, or Andy when he left the sacked note on his car, etc.

- Sami

I'm far from being what Benny calls a ''bot'', bit since Marr's book it's clear the note on the car story is not true - at least, he admits he sacked Andy in 1986.

Benny is doing the usual troll thing of posting and never looking at what comes after. You can see it as cowardice if you want.

He leaves a steaming turd in a thread then buggers off.

That's the mark of a man. He's not even a butcher, it's just a chosen vocation because he assumes everyone who loves Moz is a veggie.

I eat bacon and chicken, the meat is already dead, it doesn't work on me.

Some sad act to haunt this site's every post for years. His agenda is myopia. As long as he gets his precious thoughts off his chest.

Some of us can sing and write music... If he does reply, just watch the tedious overuse of laughing smilies, people who force laughter aren't laughing inside.

Only the ridiculous ridicule. I'm just telling it like it is.

and I still think Ketamine Sun is the best poster on this site.

There is a vile mythomaniac nazi loser clown all over this site posting Sieg Heils and wishing death on people and you lot get your knickers in a bunch over Benny?

Nice to see y'all got your priorities straight.

Last edited:
Mike gives good interviews. He seems to tell the truth and mentions details that give a feeling for what it was like at the time. I look forward to his book. I don't understand why any opinions on his relationship with the other Smiths would matter. The book will either be interesting or not. He never has anything bad to say about Morrissey and goes out of his way to say nice things.
Question for the mozbots: When you have a falling out with a friend do you imagine Morrissey taking your side? I imagine you deep in conversation with the picture of Morrissey framed beside your bed. "Yes, you are my favorite Mozbot and have been treated unfairly," he tells you. "They should have read the contract. It's not your fault."

There is a vile mythomaniac nazi loser clown all over this site posting Sieg Heils and wishing death on people and you lot get your knickers in a bunch over Benny?

Nice to see y'all got your priorities straight.

You're assuming I delivered my reply with anything more than a laconic attitude. I don't even know who the "nazi loser clown" you refer to is, but if someone that bad crosses my sights I'll have my say.

Just because someone else is worse doesn't mean Benny is better, besides - Benny probably posts much, much more than this other one as I don't know who you mean.

You're assuming I delivered my reply with anything more than a laconic attitude. I don't even know who the "nazi loser clown" you refer to is, but if someone that bad crosses my sights I'll have my say.

Just because someone else is worse doesn't mean Benny is better, besides - Benny probably posts much, much more than this other one as I don't know who you mean.

You are fake news ! Every regular on here knows who 12" is referring to.
Fake news !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I don't sorry. Why don't you just name them? I'll have a browse and see what a loser they are.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom