Mike Joyce interview in the Salford Star; mentions future autobiography release

SALFORD LADS CLUB HOSTS MIKE JOYCE AND PAUL LAKE FOOTY AND MUSIC SPECIAL - Salford Star

Man City fan and former drummer with The Smiths, Mike Joyce, and The Smiths fan and former City legend Paul Lake will be teaming up for a night of Football and Music Stories for an audience at Salford Lads Club next month. Here, Ian Leslie asks Mike Joyce about music, City and a possible autobiography...

Excerpt:

Paul's autobiography is a great read; would you consider releasing a book?

You're right, it is a great read. And that's one of the reasons why I wanted to interview Paul. My book? I wasn't so sure a few years ago, but there seems an inevitability now that I'll release something in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it will be 90% praise for The Smiths and Moz, with an inevitable 10% of negativity because of the delay in paying him and the violent things Moz has said about him down through the years.

Crykey, Reckon what is the deal with this place Stanford Lard Club? Can't you lots Brits move on? This has nothing to do with football. Must not be much to do in Man City until the sun comes out for awhile in July. You don't see Americans making The Sunset Marquis, the Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria, the Costco in Calabasas, or the Louis Vuitton store at the Beverly Center shrines.

Joyce book ?

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

correction, his lawyers know how to make money.

Yes, well maybe he didn't understand that deal either. I wouldn't know. You don't know how much was left over for him.
Me neither. :o

It would be interesting to read a book from Mike, but I wonder how much more he would have to say.

He has already told his story in the Inside the Smiths DVD, the Songs that Saved Your Life book and in numerous interviews after all.

Joyce book ?

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Careful, you know all those lifelong Mike Joyce superfans will be crawling out of the woodwork to defend his right to tell his amazing story of drumming then suing then talking about suing over drumming.

Wonder what it will be called? 'LOCK THE MAN UP?'

Laugh out loud at all the predictable bot responses :rofl:.
Put the kettle on its all so very entertaining to read the views of bot wankers who weren't even shot from their daddy's sack as well as living overseas when The Smiths kicked off.

Poor bots ! :laughing: I only lived on the door step and saw it all in real time (I WAS THERE:tiphat:)
Should see my attic ! Full of ultra rare signed Smiths shit ! Should be worth a bit, even more when the soil falls over Steve's head. Don't you wish you was a butcher like me :ahhh:

God bless the good old DSA:unitedstates: and the pussy grabbin, locker room talking Putin-puppet-president Donny Parff :brows::guitar:. Reckon he won't be grabbin Theresa's pussy on Friday :mock:.

God save the Queen

Keep up the entertainment bots

Benny-the-British-Butcher:greatbritain::knife:

Crykey, Reckon what is the deal with this place Stanford Lard Club? Can't you lots Brits move on? This has nothing to do with football. Must not be much to do in Man City until the sun comes out for awhile in July. You don't see Americans making The Sunset Marquis, the Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria, the Costco in Calabasas, or the Louis Vuitton store at the Beverly Center shrines.
Are you suggesting he shops at Costco? I highly doubt he would want to be seen mingling with sweatpants wearing oversized yanks.

Can't wait to read the Joyce book! It'll be great insight on how the early cro-magnon man lived.

It would be interesting to read a book from Mike, but I wonder how much more he would have to say.

He has already told his story in the Inside the Smiths DVD, the Songs that Saved Your Life book and in numerous interviews after all.
I would buy it, but the story is clear on the money aspect, Mike went back on an agreement, to make himself a few quid, but in this age of band reformations I would imagine he would of made millions more if he hadn't. If Morrissey performs with Mike Joyce again I would be very surprised, I hope he doesn't. Mike's a very lucky person to have met Morrissey & Marr, but he is the Judas of the tale.

I would buy it, but the story is clear on the money aspect, Mike went back on an agreement, to make himself a few quid, but in this age of band reformations I would imagine he would of made millions more if he hadn't. If Morrissey performs with Mike Joyce again I would be very surprised, I hope he doesn't. Mike's a very lucky person to have met Morrissey & Marr, but he is the Judas of the tale.

There's more chance of Morrissey doing TV ads for McDonalds than of him performing with Mike Joyce ever again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom