Mike Joyce interview - Don't Believe The Hype (May 2016)

Mike Joyce Interview - Don't Believe The Hype (May 6, 2016)

Plenty of Smiths content, including the court case:

"The politics of being in a band are scary; nobody knows what is going to happen in the future, and you don’t want to upset your mates. But looking back, it’s an awful lot easier than being in a room with someone in a wig and thinking ‘how did it come to this?’ At the time I didn’t appreciate how serious it was, I didn’t think it would be such a big deal. After the first day, it was all over the newspapers, and it hit home”.

39257_mike-joyce.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good but it's like a story about the interview. Is the whole thing available somewhere?
"Mike explained the detail that went it to this, with each part of the drums recorded separately and played back on a loop under the meticulous guidance of producer Stephen Street. I’m seriously hoping he’ll drop this in as the soundtrack to my moment of glory… We covered a multitude of other topics."

I'd like to hear more about the recording and the other things they discussed.

the more i see of mike, the more i like him. i feel bad that his name has been dragged through the mud so much over that court case. he seems like a sound lad. if he thought he was entitled to more money, than he had every right to go to court for it. it's possible he wasnt entitled to it, i dont know. but either way, it doesnt mean he's a bad guy.

the more i see of mike, the more i like him. i feel bad that his name has been dragged through the mud so much over that court case. he seems like a sound lad. if he thought he was entitled to more money, than he had every right to go to court for it. it's possible he wasnt entitled to it, i dont know. but either way, it doesnt mean he's a bad guy.

Uh oh, I think your sweetums might just slightly disagree with you.
And some people on this site too. But others would agree.
I don't think he is a bad guy. Nor Moz.
But things happened and maybe without any deliberate intention, really bad things.
That happens when money and lawyers are involved and especially lawyers at both sides have a mutual interest to pursue and to process and to get as much money out of it.

Entitled or not, and name dragged throug the mud, or not, he received a large amount of money in the end.
Oh, how I cried all the way to the bank.

In order to collect the money as was the verdict and because Moz had his assets in the good old U S of A, "the pigs in grey suits persecuting " his mother, " uncivil servants unconcerned at how they frightened " her, " spare priggish money-men who scared the life out of her, bailiffs with bad breath" trying to get her out of her own house just by saying it was owned by Moz and that they were entitled to do so.

Listen to an essential Moz-song: " Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed ".
Above quotes are from that song. There could be a typo.
Not saying this was Joyce his intention, others will say it was.
There is so much info and opinion about this to find on this site.
Let's just say that bad blood had rised long before the court case.

Uh oh, I think your sweetums might just slightly disagree with you.
And some people on this site too. But others would agree.
I don't think he is a bad guy. Nor Moz.
But things happened and maybe without any deliberate intention, really bad things.
That happens when money and lawyers are involved and especially lawyers at both sides have a mutual interest to pursue and to process and to get as much money out of it.

Entitled or not, and name dragged throug the mud, or not, he received a large amount of money in the end.
Oh, how I cried all the way to the bank.

In order to collect the money as was the verdict and because Moz had his assets in the good old U S of A, "the pigs in grey suits persecuting " his mother, " uncivil servants unconcerned at how they frightened " her, " spare priggish money-men who scared the life out of her, bailiffs with bad breath" trying to get her out of her own house just by saying it was owned by Moz and that they were entitled to do so.

Listen to an essential Moz-song: " Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed ".
Above quotes are from that song. There could be a typo.
Not saying this was Joyce his intention, others will say it was.
There is so much info and opinion about this to find on this site.
Let's just say that bad blood had rised long before the court case.
i know my sweetums would disagree with me, but i cant help it. i dont deal in weighty condemnations of essentially good people. i understand that things got messy, and maybe mike even acted unskilfully: regardless, i still feel the ire for him is disproportionate. (i hope that we can still be on for blazer shopping though, moz!)

the more i see of mike, the more i like him. i feel bad that his name has been dragged through the mud so much over that court case.

As far as I know, his name was dragged through the mud by one specific person only.

well i suppose. but are not morrissey supporters by extension also inclined to do it?

And Moz haters as well, obviously. :rolleyes:
Dear Rifke, if you still have a not so secret desire to take your sweetums at a blazer shopping expedition and an even so not hidden hope Moz lurks around on this site, you might consider he could take offence at the word " extension " in combination with moz supporters. And without referring to his haters.
I hope he missed this post from you for your benefit.
I am truly dissapointed :tears:

oh rifke ! you blew it. And just as I was going through the trouble of pulling some strings and greasing some palms to make that blazer shopping expedition happen for you, the powers that be got wind of your comment in this thread and well... they just pulled the plug on that idea! But don't worry, I'll see what I can do. But it doesn't look good.:( ;)

oh rifke ! you blew it. And just as I was going through the trouble of pulling some strings and greasing some palms to make that blazer shopping expedition happen for you, the powers that be got wind of your comment in this thread and well... they just pulled the plug on that idea! But don't worry, I'll see what I can do. But it doesn't look good.:( ;)

You are cruel.
At least I let her some hope.
Not much but some.
But Moz is now more mild and understanding and he will forgive her just because he still fancies that blazer shopping concept.
Wishful thinking on my part but I like Rifke.

You are cruel.
At least I let her some hope.
Not much but some.
But Moz is now more mild and understanding and he will forgive her just because he still fancies that blazer shopping concept.
Wishful thinking on my part but I like Rifke.

ABANDON ALL HOPE HERE .

no M wants the blazer trip to happen, it's just that his lawyers and accountants think that Joyce will pop up at one of the stores and take M's blazer away (the one that rifke just gifted him!) in exchange for money 'owed' to him.

it is a cruel world.

ABANDON ALL HOPE HERE .

no M wants the blazer trip to happen, it's just that his lawyers and accountants think that Joyce will pop up at one of the stores and take M's blazer away (the one that rifke just gifted him!) in exchange for money 'owed' to him.

it is a cruel world.

Yes. But why should I be cruel too? And you?
On the other hand I now understand you are protecting her from that vile thing to happen.
So you do have my blessing.
(Makes cross sign)

Yes. But why should I be cruel too? And you?
On the other hand I now understand you are protecting her from that vile thing to happen.
So you do have my blessing.
(Makes cross sign)

no, we both want it to happen for M and rifke, so it's not us that are being cruel. It's just that.....

money changes everything....

especially when it becomes a Bryan Ferry song.

;)

no, we both want it to happen for M and rifke, so it's not us that are being cruel. It's just that.....

money changes everything....

especially when it becomes a Bryan Ferry song.

;)

Well than that is the only thing you can hold against him!
Good song and good singer though. He could have secret lessons from him!
No, it won't happen for obvious reasons.

And Moz haters as well, obviously. :rolleyes:
Dear Rifke, if you still have a not so secret desire to take your sweetums at a blazer shopping expedition and an even so not hidden hope Moz lurks around on this site, you might consider he could take offence at the word " extension " in combination with moz supporters. And without referring to his haters.
I hope he missed this post from you for your benefit.
I am truly dissapointed :tears:
seriously? what's wrong with the word extension??:confused::(

oh.... it seems i have committed blazer shopping suicide *hangs head*

noooooooooooooooo it cant be! i refuse to let it be! i wont let the dream die just like that! there's got to be so way to win back his favour! dont leave me mozzzzzzzzzzzzz i still love you! ketamine_sun, do something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously? what's wrong with the word extension??:confused::(

As you stated it in combination with the moz supporters and not with the moz-haters but I now realize there is no difference as you see it. They are the same.
Moz might think the same, we are all crazy.
So forget it, no harm done. :p

What happened to his ears? It's not covered in the interview :confused:

But why should he cover his ears during the interview?
I'd rather have him cover his ears during stage performances to avoid tinnitus. I am afraid it's already too late. :(

Mikes very wealthy, he knew what he did was wrong, robbery ! And he wants more! lol. Mike is the reason the Smiths will never reform or play together again. Just think in this day and age a Smiths reunion would have pocketed Mikey maybe 10 million plus!, But he killed the goose that laid the golden eggs many years ago. So Mike be grateful for what you have managed to extract and piss off!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom