Mike Joyce in new Lexus CT 200h 'Drum Roll' TV Commercial (UK)

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by jezn71, Feb 24, 2011.

By jezn71 on Feb 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM
  1. jezn71

jezn71 New Member

I happened to notice a rather smart Mike Joyce drumming in the advert for the new Lexus Hybrid car in the UK. Appears twice on stage in what looks like the Apollo in Manchester. Links to ad and interviews where he plays TQID intro below

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2011 (read-only)' started by jezn71, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Best drummer ever. Best band ever.

Don
      Okc, OK.
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Crickey!
      From a lawnmower part to one of those drumming wind-up monkeys!
    3. Ready With Ready-Wit
      Ready With Ready-Wit
      Wtf does this have to do with Lexus?:confused:
    4. Alfonso
      Alfonso
      Wtf does this have to do with Lexus? Errrmm? It's an advertisement for the car maybe? Not sure...
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Absolute class. What a drummer.
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Yawn.

I think the question was what does a bloke drumming in what looks to be the Manchester Apollo has to do with a car.
    7. eugenius
      eugenius
      Still love the guy.
    8. Alfonso
      Alfonso
      It's in an advertisement for the car maybe? Not sure...
    9. owen
      owen
      Mike actually plays the intro to 'The Queen is Dead' in part of this ad. After the initial drum roll on the snare he moves on to a drum pattern played on his floor tom; this is the same drum pattern as in 'The Queen is Dead'.

It is great to see this. Watching him play always puts a smile on my face.
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Are you thick?

We see that you berk. BUT the question is what it has to do with driving, owning or buying a car.

My goodness.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      at last he's found his niche.
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It's just supposed to be entertaining, dumb ass!

Most advertising has little to do with the actual product.

This one equates Mike Joyce's rock star cool with the car and the brand.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Joyce Michael is but one of many drummers in this ad and was not featured as THE standout drummer amongst the others; he didn't get the opening, closing, or "starring" shot. This ad was about a car. As an ad, it's decent--nothing ground-breaking--but kind of fun.

14. Alfonso
      Alfonso
      "BUT the question is what it has to do with driving, owning or buying a car.

Not sure...It's in an advertisement for the car maybe?
    15. jezn71@yahoo.co.uk
      [email protected]
      Alfonso..you either don't understand marketing or haven't watched the ad. The car is a Hybrid and silent (as silent as a car can be). The idea is to highlight the contrast between the silince and calm of the driving experience in a luxury hybrid vehicle and the sound and energy that comes from drumming. It's simple enough. Any other ads you want explaining?

Ciao for now.
      Jez
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      "I'd rather be sexless than drive a Lexus"