Mike Joyce: 'I'm not reading Morrissey's book... but I would reunite The Smiths' (Q331 preview)

Re: News Mike Joyce: 'I'm not reading Morrissey's book... but I would reunite The Smiths' (Q331 prev

Reunion? You aren't getting one Joyce. Simple as. Morrissey doesn't like you. Marr doesn't seem to either.

Re: News Mike Joyce: 'I'm not reading Morrissey's book... but I would reunite The Smiths' (Q331 prev

I think the article's title was a misprint. Should have been, I would reunite The Smiths because I'm not reading Morrissey's book. :D

Mike Joyce: 'I'm not reading Morrissey's book... but I would reunite The Smiths' (Q331 preview) - QTheMusic.com

The Smiths' Mike Joyce has told Q he will not read Morrissey's Autobiography, despite his court case against the singer figuring in it heavily.

The drummer took legal action against the frontman and guitarist Johnny Marr in 1996 over unpaid royalties. He won, but Morrissey devotes around 40 pages in his book taking issue with the judgement - yet Joyce will not get a copy he reveals in our new issue, Q331 out now.

"I've not read the book, and I never will," he declares. "I've got a pretty good idea of what's in there. I don't want to go down that route of putting out a statement saying that this or that is wrong."

Despite the dispute, the drummer insists he would join a Smiths reunion, if offered, in a heartbeat.

"Of course, we'd all do it we were asked. We were one of the greatest bands ever," he explains. "As a performer, there was nobody better than Morrissey. But a reunion is never going to happen."

Grab Q331 now for the full interview, eyewitness pieces, unseen pictures and much more on the band.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
4 of them back in contact will never happen never-mind reuniting a band

what if morrissey and marr enter into a songwriting/touring partnership again as 'The Smiths' just to spite Joyce :rolleyes:

I reckon he wouldn't read it because it would be too painful not because he can't be bothered, he's probably heard some of it second hand.

"We'd all do it if we were asked." I love how Mike just naturally assumes he knows what is going on in Johnny and Morrissey's head.

"We'd all do it if we were asked." I love how Mike just naturally assumes he knows what is going on in Johnny and Morrissey's head.

Shhhh....no one has told Mike the others have already been asked and the answer was no...

I think Morrissey must have a little laugh to himself when he reads stuff like that...sitting in LA Morrisseyville :D

Won't read Morrissey's book! Does he even have the mental capacity to do so? What a complete and utter tosser!

Oh Mike Joyce--still the only member of the Smiths who actually wants a reunion, still the only member who won't be included if there is one.

I dare to write Joyce was curiues to read about The Smiths days, and if there was ' something' written about the courtcase.

and there never be a Smiths reunion , maybe soneday Morrissey and Marr do something , Andy might be in, but as someone wrote Marr hates you more than Morrissey, so no Smiths reunion though Joyce and Rourke were absolute live truly a great rythm team.

' and they say he's mentall' ... sorrow and sanctuary...

I do not understand Mike Joyce at all, he's like a child with his hands over his ears and eyes scrunched up refusing to see the bleedin' obvious..

If he did read the book he'd FINALLY have to accept that there is no hope of a Smiths reunion (for this read 'whopping great pay day for him').

He seems like a reasonable fellow when interviewed, and speaks reverentially of the Smiths as one of England's truly great bands; what a crying shame then that he seems blissfully unaware of the consequences of the actions he (and Rourke) took in the 90s.

"As an entity, I have no interest in the Smiths, so as long as I'm not asked about the Smiths, I won't slip into permanent unconsciousness. And that's a promise" Morrissey, 2014

I suppose there's your answer, Joyce.

I believe the smiths would have reformed in the 2000's, and I think Joyce would have made more money in a Smiths reunion then he did suing Morrissey and Marr. But Joyce of course has ruined everything.

I believe the smiths would have reformed in the 2000's, and I think Joyce would have made more money in a Smiths reunion then he did suing Morrissey and Marr. But Joyce of course has ruined everything.

I don't think that would be the case, according to Autobiography Johnny Marr never gave Morrissey a reason for breaking up the band (unless I read their trip in the car wrong).

I don't think that would be the case, according to Autobiography Johnny Marr never gave Morrissey a reason for breaking up the band (unless I read their trip in the car wrong).

I don't think he did either. Although I put money on that it was the Morrissey and Marr relationship that broke down and Morrissey being too demanding.

Karma's a bitch.

"I won't read Morrissey's book, but I want money"

I won't read Morrissey's bio-bollocks-ography and I don't want any money.
I also don't understand why Mike gets a load of stick from idiots who don't even know him. I think he was right to do what he did and the law of the land also came down in his favour as I remember, cut and dried, end of ! Some people need to get used to it and put all behind them and move on.

Benny-the-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom