Mike Joyce FB/IG: "Win my original ‘Strangeways, Here We Come’ Silver Disc" (September 1, 2022)

From Facebook:

302239916_373903218235491_4453444049014739829_n.jpg

Win my original ‘Strangeways, Here We Come’ Silver Disc

Hi everyone, big news! It’s 35 years since The Smiths’ final album ‘Strangeways, Here We Come’ was released and I’m giving you the chance to own a special piece of the group’s history.

I’m raffling my original silver disc that was presented to me when the album reached 60,000 sales. Rather than auctioning it to a wealthy collector I wanted to raffle it to give every Smiths fan a chance of owning it.

All the proceeds generated will go to raise money for Back on Track, a Manchester charity that I’m a patron of. I’ve worked with Back on Track on several projects over the last few years and I’ve seen for myself the difference they make. They’re currently supporting so many people struggling with the cost of living crisis and I wanted to do what I could to help.

To enter all you have to do is buy a £5 raffle ticket via Back on Track’s Just Giving page www.justgiving.com/fundraising/strangewaysraffle.
The draw will be on 28th September – 35 years to the day since the album’s release.

There are also four runner up prizes of this brilliant photo by photographer Paul Husband, who has captured the images of some of the biggest names in the music and entertainment industry. Each will be framed and signed by me.

Remember, this is the original official silver disc, not a copy. Strangeways, Here We Come is my personal favourite of our albums so this disc really means a lot to me – but I know what a massive difference the money we raise will make to people going through a hard time. You can buy as many tickets as you want – let’s raise as much as we can. Please share this to as many folk as you can. Good luck!

Just photo details:

Mike's charity:

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Screenshot_20220924-212119.png

Screenshot_20220927-173349~2.png

FWD.

Screenshot_20221013-131040~2.png

So uh.. who won?

Good question. It doesn't say. I guess Mike Joyce might say that the alcoholic schizophrenic homeless looking to get rehabilitated and learn skills were the real winners.

Maybe Morrissey bought a thousand tickets anonymously and won. Just to get Joyce's goat.

Screenshot_20221015-211714.png

Good question. It doesn't say. I guess Mike Joyce might say that the alcoholic schizophrenic homeless looking to get rehabilitated and learn skills were the real winners.

Maybe Morrissey bought a thousand tickets anonymously and won. Just to get Joyce's goat.

Why would Mike care if Morrissey bought all the tickets?

Why would Mike care if Morrissey bought all the tickets?

I guess he’d be of two minds about it. On one hand, it all goes to his charity, but on the other, he might be miffed if Morrissey got his silver Strangeways disc.

I guess he’d be of two minds about it. On one hand, it all goes to his charity, but on the other, he might be miffed if Morrissey got his silver Strangeways disc.
Mike seems to really respect and like Morrissey. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if Moz got the disc. The charity is the point of all this.

Why would Morrissey want another when he probably already has one?

I think you’re being a bit autistic about this. It would be the pleasure of petty revenge. “You may have your millions in undeserved royalties, but I have your silver Strangeways disc. It’s mounted in Miley Cyrus’ bathroom.”

But now it looks like it isn’t to be. The winner was “Carl from Liverpool.” Unless that’s a nom de raffle.

Mike seems to really respect and like Morrissey.

I suspect that’s all guff. I think he says those things to pretend he isn’t bothered by how much Morrissey has painted him as a terrible royalties-grubber.

I suspect that’s all guff. I think he says those things to pretend he isn’t bothered by how much Morrissey has painted him as a terrible royalties-grubber.
Maybe. Or maybe not.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom