Mike Joyce FB/IG: "Win my original ‘Strangeways, Here We Come’ Silver Disc" (September 1, 2022)

From Facebook:

302239916_373903218235491_4453444049014739829_n.jpg

Win my original ‘Strangeways, Here We Come’ Silver Disc

Hi everyone, big news! It’s 35 years since The Smiths’ final album ‘Strangeways, Here We Come’ was released and I’m giving you the chance to own a special piece of the group’s history.

I’m raffling my original silver disc that was presented to me when the album reached 60,000 sales. Rather than auctioning it to a wealthy collector I wanted to raffle it to give every Smiths fan a chance of owning it.

All the proceeds generated will go to raise money for Back on Track, a Manchester charity that I’m a patron of. I’ve worked with Back on Track on several projects over the last few years and I’ve seen for myself the difference they make. They’re currently supporting so many people struggling with the cost of living crisis and I wanted to do what I could to help.

To enter all you have to do is buy a £5 raffle ticket via Back on Track’s Just Giving page www.justgiving.com/fundraising/strangewaysraffle.
The draw will be on 28th September – 35 years to the day since the album’s release.

There are also four runner up prizes of this brilliant photo by photographer Paul Husband, who has captured the images of some of the biggest names in the music and entertainment industry. Each will be framed and signed by me.

Remember, this is the original official silver disc, not a copy. Strangeways, Here We Come is my personal favourite of our albums so this disc really means a lot to me – but I know what a massive difference the money we raise will make to people going through a hard time. You can buy as many tickets as you want – let’s raise as much as we can. Please share this to as many folk as you can. Good luck!

Just photo details:

Mike's charity:

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Shows how proud you were being a Smiths, just gambling for donation where many artist would never give away but than again it's your choice Mike

Why would he give it away when he can raise money for a charity that supports people in the bands home town?

Last edited:
If ya entered this contest hopin' to win the silver disc and
ended up with a picture of M Joyce instead, ya would end
up feelin' like a slob.

Why would he give it away when he can raise money for a charity that supports people in the bands home town?

To annoy Morrissey and Marr. [btw whose that Janice, was she here in 1999? like I was...missing a lot of good ol'posters, but just my daily short visit...site has annoyed my by the many upgrades, I'm 57, when I was at school no mobiles, internet etc. , so there so many forum items, but Thumbs up for David Tsjeng]

Goodness that ‘debate’ was dreadful. I’m guessing that you didn’t make it on the high school debate team.
Rule number one: STAY on topic. You’re all over the place, even admitting at one point ‘I‘m confused’.

How about this. I’ll give to the charity I want. You give to the charity you want. You don’t eat meat, and I’ll stay out of your life’s choices, and I’ll eat meat and you stay the h*ll out of mine.

:head-smack: The wall is never going to stay, ‘stop hitting me’

Goodness that ‘debate’ was dreadful. I’m guessing that you didn’t make it on the high school debate team.
Rule number one: STAY on topic. You’re all over the place, even admitting at one point ‘I‘m confused’.

How about this. I’ll give to the charity I want. You give to the charity you want. You don’t eat meat, and I’ll stay out of your life’s choices, and I’ll eat meat and you stay the h*ll out of mine.

:head-smack: The wall is never going to stay, ‘stop hitting me’
:love:

Shows how proud you were being a Smiths, just gambling for donation where many artist would never give away but than again it's your choice Mike
I hear some particularly ungrateful artists smash their gold discs in videos.

I'm in, Mike! I need a coaster anyway.;)

Not the picture! The picture is too lovely: do we get to know the names of the cuties besides you. (yes you can ad a comma in that sentence where you wish , Mike).

(Do you know Mighty Mike btw? He's awesome!)

Now, let me just retrieve that credit card...It was used to pay an unfair fine this morning so I can't look at it at the moment :mad:. But I'll get down to it, promise. I don't mind spending money to help hoomanz.

Well Mike the site doesn't seem to accept my credit card. (I didn't know what to put under "house name" so I put "Stark", although I find the redhead annoying) (they can't all be cool, redheads. )

Maybe Morrissey should out-philanthropize Mike Joyce by raffling off something more valuable than a silver Strangeways disc, and donating the proceeds to an animal charity.

Like what.:unsure: Damon's chest hair? ( oh hi Morrissi! No I wasn't saying nuffin)

Well hopefully he's busy teaming up with Sea Sheperd to save the oceans, as he's clearly not interested in saving the soil..But he may well not be interested in saving anything. Which is a shame, he's the right age for big philantropy.

idea for a raffle: a Waterboys single signed by M.
You know you want it!

Typo I assume should say every penny raised

ah ok. Thought it was just some British phrase lost on me. I also thought it meant that just a penny from every £5 received goes to the charity, which doesn’t seem right, lol.

1,600 raffle tickets sold…. Good luck indeed

To annoy Morrissey and Marr. [btw whose that Janice, was she here in 1999? like I was...missing a lot of good ol'posters, but just my daily short visit...site has annoyed my by the many upgrades, I'm 57, when I was at school no mobiles, internet etc. , so there so many forum items, but Thumbs up for David Tsjeng]

Why should it annoy Morrissey and Marr? Mike can sit on that disc and spin for all they care. Moz and Marr both have their pet charities that they contribute to.

NEW Mike Joyce radio interview for Strangeways anniversary/charity disc (24 Sept,22)

Really good and very honest chat here with Mike Joyce - Times Radio - on the 35th anniversary of Strangeways... he is donating his original silver disc to a charity in Manchester (Back on Track) - £5 donations/anyone worldwide can enter it says - JustGiving Back on Track/Strangeways...

Attachments

• C4193A7B-71BE-4E2A-A7B3-10D718769F7A.jpeg
    C4193A7B-71BE-4E2A-A7B3-10D718769F7A.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
Really good and very honest chat here with Mike Joyce - Times Radio - on the 35th anniversary of Strangeways... he is donating his original silver disc to a charity in Manchester (Back on Track) - £5 donations/anyone worldwide can enter it says - JustGiving Back on Track/Strangeways...

I listened to that live while I was driving, really enjoyed it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom