Mike Joyce FB/IG: on Strangeways upcoming 35th anniversary & a chance to own... TBA (August 9, 2022)

Screenshot_20220809-121855~2.png

NB:
Thread title subject to change when the 'chance to own' is clearer.
Regards,
FWD.

(S, HWC - released September 28, 1987).

It could be a coincidence but I wouldn't call it dull. Also I'd have to think that Mike would have heard that song as it was very popular. Not saying he copied it but it's possible he heard it and liked it.
Perhaps dull was a poor choice of word. I meant something like "of no significance".

Where is the deluxe edition? Only QID gets the deluxe treatment? Seems strange as we know there is plenty of unreleased material that could fill up these releases.

Where is the deluxe edition? Only QID gets the deluxe treatment? Seems strange as we know there is plenty of unreleased material that could fill up these releases.
Given the most recent breakdown in relations between Morrissey and Marr, I suspect Morrissey is currently being 'difficult' and blocking any more archival Smiths releases. Hopefully eventually things will thaw enough that the rest of the catalogue will get the deluxe boxset treatment.

Who know- maybe Moz could even use that as a negotiating point with Warners? Sign me up and release 'Bonfire of the Teenagers', and I'll authorize some previously unreleased Smiths material?

Given the most recent breakdown in relations between Morrissey and Marr, I suspect Morrissey is currently being 'difficult' and blocking any more archival Smiths releases. Hopefully eventually things will thaw enough that the rest of the catalogue will get the deluxe boxset treatment.

Who know - Maybe even Marr is now being 'difficult' and blocking any new archival Smiths releases.

Who know- maybe Moz could even use that as a negotiating point with Warners? Sign me up and release 'Bonfire of the Teenagers', and I'll authorize some previously unreleased Smiths material?

hope so.

Was Michael 'Mike' Joyce a "greyhound unleashed" behind the drum kit in the same manner as beloved Matthew 'Matt' Walker? I think maybe so, I think I must say.
I was at a John Grant concert in a small venue in Ireland a couple of years back pre-Covid with some friends. At the start of the concert I turned to a friend and said "your man on drums looks uncannily like Budgie." Friend says "That's cos he IS Budgie!". It made my night to hear him on drums.

That's a really cool story. He'd make anybody's music at least moderately more exciting because he certainly isn't cut from the typical drummer's cloth by any means. I'm glad that happened to you!

I saw James Taylor perform years ago and he introduced his drummer to be Steve Gadd, who is literally legendary. That whole night the music was pretty loose and cool, even for a James Taylor show. Obviously the songs and voice are always pretty good with him, but Gadd added something real nice to the whole thing.

Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke are 2 Smiths members, listen to many live gigs and conclude they were the rythm team, never failing...check the very long live version of 'Barbarism begins at home'.

I was at a John Grant concert in a small venue in Ireland a couple of years back pre-Covid with some friends. At the start of the concert I turned to a friend and said "your man on drums looks uncannily like Budgie." Friend says "That's cos he IS Budgie!". It made my night to hear him on drums.
I've only just started listening to John Grant GMF is really good.

He's possibly already played that card. His deal with BMGRM involved Warners as distributor, and came around the time the TQID deluxe was announced.

TBA is now announced:

"Win my original ‘Strangeways, Here We Come’ Silver Disc"
See:
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom