Mike Joyce challenges Marks & Spencer over pork gelatin use in Percy Pig sweets

Percy Pigs are Murder: Smiths drummer takes on M&S over gelatin in sweets - The Telegraph

The original post is on his Facebook.

I saw this in my stream today and posted it as a bit of ex-Smiths news sans editorial remarks. My point here is to share info, not to praise or condemn Joyce's current or past actions or to expound on the virtues of vegetarianism, etc.

39122_MeatMurder_copy-large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is indeed a bit pretentious but Mike does have a point there (although Wikipedia was first to acknowledge the fact: "Marks & Spencer Percy Pig sweets contain real pig" :pig::pig::pig:).

I've been to the M&S at the bottom of Deansgate and bought sweeties there. They have veggie ones and non-veggie ones. I avoid the gelatine containing ones. It's really not that hard.

:thumb:

yes, but I think his point was why have the choice? Can children really tell the difference between pig gelatin and vegetarian gelatin. And would that alter the taste if they discontinued having a choice. And if going all vegetarian would that affect sales ? I wouldn't think so.

f***ing hell. How THICK are you? Gelatine IS animal derived, you moron. If it says Gelatine, it's from an animal.

:rofl: really ?

SORRY
! should have said a 'vegetarian gelatin substitute'. Though I feel you're reaching for any excuse to hate me and use derogatory words against me. But we all here at solo expect that of you. You never disappoint.

Cram it. Do you feel validated?

And 'any excuse to hate me'? Ducky, trust me, you really are NOT that important.

I've been to the M&S at the bottom of Deansgate and bought sweeties there. They have veggie ones and non-veggie ones. I avoid the gelatine containing ones. It's really not that hard.
That's what she said.

f***ing hell. How THICK are you? Gelatine IS animal derived, you moron. If it says Gelatine, it's from an animal.
But when you buy from a company that sells pork gelatin you're also supporting the killing of pigs whether you eat it yourself or not.
Don't be a bully. You know something is wrong with Ketamine Sun and she does the very best she can.
And don't be a hypocrite. You irrationally condemn Morrissey for supporting an animal shelter but want to be knighted or something for eating candy without gelatin in it.
2407724_orig.png

That's what she said.

But when you buy from a company that sells pork gelatin you're also supporting the killing of pigs whether you eat it yourself or not.

As someone who has to follow a special diet (gluten free) many years of experience taught me most of times when we eat processed food we could be eating wrapped shit and we wouldn't notice it. I don't trust anymore in the word of food companies. They could be selling the same thing under two different labels. Would you notice it? Would any government agency notice it? Would they care if they notice it? If they approved aspartame, everything is possible in foodland.

Biebs sometimes downvotes my posts too. Am I a mozbot?

He or she does with a lot of posts. You're absolutely not the only one. If that might make you feel any better.
He or she has given me 2 or 3 positive ratings as well, surprisingly so.
I don't mind, as I said, he or she is keeping me grounded and I need to be confronted by another opinion.
Although for some reason it is only through the rating and not by arguments.
Cheers countthree

He or she does with a lot of posts. You're absolutely not the only one. If that might make you feel any better.
He or she has given me 2 or 3 positive ratings as well, surprisingly so.
I don't mind, as I said, he or she is keeping me grounded and I need to be confronted by another opinion.
Although for some reason it is only through the rating and not by arguments.
Cheers countthree

I wish something said or done around this site could make me feel any better, or worst, or anything...
Sadly, reality is absorbing all my feelings right now, right here. Thanks, anyway :)

I wish something said or done around this site could make me feel any better, or worst, or anything...
Sadly, reality is absorbing all my feelings right now, right here. Thanks, anyway :)

All?
Jesus, I can understand you're not exactly happy with this.
My first impulse would be to say: f*** that reality.

But I understand it's not that easy.
Especially if other people rely on you.
I wish though you could have a bit more enjoyment of life.
Even in small doses and in relative short timeframes.
You are one of the nicest and kindest people I've ever spoken to on the internet.
;)

I think the Biebs is really busy and doesn't have time to argue so he just rates. He generally upvotes me which proves he has good sense and that his ratings should be held in high regard.

Not thick at all. Agar is commonly referred to as 'veggie gelatin' 'cos it is a vegetarian replacement for animal-based gelatin.
Tingle3, I've warned you before about coming on here and posting rational, sensible and intelligent comments...it will only get you in trouble with the moderators.

Insults, lies, slander, unsubstantiated gossip, repetitious nonsense, stuff about cheese, borderline homophobia...that's what Solo thrives on. I hope you can try harder next time. Oh and if you can swear like Skinny (who, rumour has it, is actually an adult) all the better.

Not thick at all. Agar is commonly referred to as 'veggie gelatin' 'cos it is a vegetarian replacement for animal-based gelatin.

Really? Do feel free to find me somewhere where I can buy something called 'veggie gelatin'. You must have seen it. They don't sell it, because it would be an oxymoron. Dr. Oetker sell something called Vege-Gel, but not veggie gelatin. In your own time.

Tingle3, I've warned you before about coming on here and posting rational, sensible and intelligent comments...it will only get you in trouble with the moderators.

Insults, lies, slander, unsubstantiated gossip, repetitious nonsense, stuff about cheese, borderline homophobia...that's what Solo thrives on. I hope you can try harder next time. Oh and if you can swear like Skinny (who, rumour has it, is actually an adult) all the better.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my comment above. Guilty of swearing, you honour, because I like swearing. As for the rest - evidence or shut up. Not vague feelings of unease - actual links and evidence. Go ahead. And we'll talk about what you find. Not the repetitious nonsense, because that's subjective. Hard facts.

Do you read a lot of Dickens?

I'll get back to you when I've fed the baby, marked a class set of books and watched a bit of the Liverpool game.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom