Mike Joyce at Buzzcocks gig

S

Shaun Goater MBE

Whilst MBB321 was watching Shed Seven at the Academy, myself and the Grimster was next door watching the Buzzcocks at Manchester Uni last night.
Halfway through and I need a piss, so off to the bogs I go and as I'm walking in, Mike Joyce is walking out!
Joyce played drums for the Buzzcocks in the early 90's and the original drummer was called Johnny Maher which is Johnny Marr's original name too - but you already knew that didn't you!
And before anyone asks (in particular Andy I) ... no I din't say anything to him....
The Goat MBE

From Chatroom:

Pinnie 22:38:42
i wonder if MJ will be seeing the B-cocks toneet?

Pinnie 22:44:10
no but he drummed wi them didnae he?
And they're playin Manc the neet.
So, put 2 + 2 together, and make 5?

I thank ye

Buzzcocks gig now available

anyone interested in samplin last nights fare?
drop me an e!
love
Grim

> Joyce played drums for the Buzzcocks in the early 90's and the original
> drummer was called Johnny Maher which is Johnny Marr's original name too -
> but you already knew that didn't you!

before I knew better, this used to confuse me no end.

When I met Mr Joyce earlier this year I asked him about his time with The Buzzcocks, I was suprised by how long he was with them for, it sounded like he had a good time with them.

Shed Seven were excellent, sad to see another of my musical trinkets die out the atmosphere was fantastic, and for once, i didn't mind getting bumped around a bit :p It's like the centre of the world follows the old shaun goater, us star and garter folk just seem to follow (kinda) :p Anyways, im glad it was a great night for all. Now all thats left is the effing xmas shopping and wrapping. I hate christmas, i can't be arsed!

Back
Top Bottom