Midnight Morrissey "Autobiography" sales

The Big Green Bookshop in North London are opening at midnight to sell the book. http://www.biggreenbookshop.com/. I know this, because I own the shop! I can't wait for the book to come out. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I want to be one of the first people EVER to get my hands on a copy.

Any others?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I live in America. I'm going to Disneyland with my sister to celebrate her birthday. :o

Yeah - I know you live in CA, but I thought, "Well, if you can get the book early in the US, it's most certainly going to be in LA..."

Have fun at Disneyland. I went one year for Halloween. (Did I read somewhere you really didn't want to go?)

Yeah - I know you live in CA, but I thought, "Well, if you can get the book early in the US, it's most certainly going to be in LA..."

Have fun at Disneyland. I went one year for Halloween. (Did I read somewhere you really didn't want to go?)

I mentioned that but I was just being crabby. When something new in mozland happens I go into lockdown mode and want to read you guys talk about it. My sister mentioned they close early at 7 and reopen for scary Disneyland (maybe what you went to?) and I got a little excited like it would be a short day, but she got us passes to both parks so I'll basically be a zombie by the end of the day like EVERYONE is leaving Disneyland. Sensory overload. Maybe you guys sitting at home reading the book will have a similar experience sans Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and sore feet. :D And empty wallet. Disneyland has good pretzels though, looking forward to that.

To go to Wood Green (the area of London that book shop is in) at midnight is to have a death wish.
If you don't know the area and think about going, you were warned.
To die by your book's side is not such a heavenly way to die...
I'll wait until the sun is up, that's for sure!

To go to Wood Green (the area of London that book shop is in) at midnight is to have a death wish.
If you don't know the area and think about going, you were warned.
To die by your book's side is not such a heavenly way to die...
I'll wait until the sun is up, that's for sure!
Oh behave! Wood Green's no more dangerous than Walthamstow, you're far more likely to get mugged in Stratford, Haggerston or Camden Town.

Benny laughing at all the ultras buying a penguin classic that's NOT a penguin classic ! Thanks for that BacardiBreezer.
One more sleep to go ultras ! I shall pray for heavy wind and torrential rain to arrive on Thursday night.

Benny-the-Butcher

I'm not a tight get (I often give money to beggars, actually.), I ain't dirt poor either, but I'm with Tingle 3 on that one. Although there's next to zero chance my local library will ever own a copy...Classic or not.
I'll just have a very quick look at the book in a bookshop. They don't like it when you start reading books in bookshops, and I'm much too polite to offend them.

I will rely on other readers for the best bits. Providing there are any.

Unless of course Andy Rourke gets his royalties, then I'll happily buy the bloody thing. It's cheap for a door stop anyway. :)

PS/ I'm not even kidding. I haven't given Morrissey any money for years. -Any doubt? Thought not... :)

Total agreement with your post
The others can read it for us then we can rip it to bits.
It won't be very long before its released in high street charity shops anyway 'pre-hated'

we'll let you know

Benny laughing at all the ultras buying a penguin classic that's NOT a penguin classic ! Thanks for that BacardiBreezer.
One more sleep to go ultras ! I shall pray for heavy wind and torrential rain to arrive on Thursday night.

Benny-the-Butcher

Stop trying to be brummieboy, you're failing miserably

Benny-the-Butcher
Now, now Benny. To be fair, what is being bought is the Moz autobiography.
No one really gives a toss if it published as a Penguin Classic or a Mills and Boone romantic novelette.
By the way, the gif I assume is from something by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson?
Did you notice they have even painted in dental fillings?

Morrissey's autobiography is released TOMORROW. Why isn't this place in a complete frenzy? Is the frenzy happening somewhere else? I'm confused. This is Morrissey, for god's sake.

Anyway, Tesco and Asda always release big games (Fifa, GTA, Call of Duty etc) at midnight in their big 24 hour stores. Surely it's impossible that they'd have the book available at midnight? the ones that sell books, anyway.

Amazon UK copies shipped!!! I had feared a last minute cancellation.

Does nobody out there work in a bookshop and have a camera on their phone?

Morrissey's autobiography is released TOMORROW. Why isn't this place in a complete frenzy? Is the frenzy happening somewhere else? I'm confused. This is Morrissey, for god's sake.

Anyway, Tesco and Asda always release big games (Fifa, GTA, Call of Duty etc) at midnight in their big 24 hour stores. Surely it's impossible that they'd have the book available at midnight? the ones that sell books, anyway.

Hadn't even thought about this... I've asked all bookshops in Manchester and none are doing a midnight launch.

If the Tesco Extra in Salford are willing to sell me a copy at midnight, I'd willingly brave the walk.

AHH!

Think I'll saunter into Manchester in the morning. Buy a copy on Deansgate and read relevant chapters whilst sitting (or standing) in the relevant street/cemetery/pub. See you all there......

Are you first on the list? Otherwise you are going to be waiting a lot longer than a week.

As a fan, isn't this the one book you want or should want to own? I don't get it. Unless you are dirt poor. Then you are forgiven.

Uh, I was being silly really. In truth I will take the day off work and cycle to a local independent book shop to buy a copy of my own and then read the juicy bits as soon a possible with a decaff coffee and a chocolate doughnut to hand. If there is a book signing in London at some point I'll even buy a second copy. I'm as excited as you.

Libraries have their place, and I like to support 'em but this is one book I will buy and flaunt on my train ride to work and cafeteria at lunchtime. It will be interesting to see how many more readers I see on the commuter trains in the next few months :D

Well it's now the 17th October - I've paid my money, I keep checking my Kindle - where the fook is it?>???

Stop trying to be brummieboy, you're failing miserably

Why would I try to be somebody I don't even know ? Could it be that me and Brummie Boy have similar thoughts/opinions ? Is that a crime ? Does it break the rules ?
Please explain further Oirish Fart and while your at it stop trying to be PlayCat 2000 even though YOU aren't failing on that level :crazy:

Benny-the-Butcher

Re: Article: Midnight Morrissey "Autobiography" sales

Think I'll saunter into Manchester in the morning. Buy a copy on Deansgate and read relevant chapters whilst sitting (or standing) in the relevant street/cemetery/pub. See you all there......

LOL. I love that idea.

Probably best to stay out of this forum from now on if you don't want to be spoiled. A bloke in the other thread has already read 3/4 of it and is blabbing about it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom