Michael Stipe Mentions Morrissey in acast.com interview

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2016 (read-only)' started by Sarcasmos, Dec 15, 2016.

By Sarcasmos on Dec 15, 2016 at 8:38 PM
  1. Sarcasmos

Sarcasmos Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    1. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
    2. Sarcasmos
      Sarcasmos
      He mainly talks about the time he wanted Morrissey to kiss him in front of photographers and how funny he is
      • Like Like x 1
    3. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      good little interview,stipe says Morrissey is the best titleist of songs,hard to disagree with that.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      play most of now my heart is full,talk about how morrisseys friends are in literature ie dallow spicer pinkie cubit.
    5. butley
      butley
      Michael Stipe is so earnest it is painful.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    6. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
    7. joe frady
      joe frady
      MSG, July 1991 ~

[​IMG]

"Just kiss me; it'll be so good..."

[​IMG]

:brows:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Quando quando quando
      Quando quando quando
      Don't know for sure but didn't Moz once said Found, Found, Found is about Michael Stipe?
      Found someone in this murkiness. (Someone, at the time maybe the only one, in the musicindustry he liked?)
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. dotmatrix522
      dotmatrix522
      That was quite interesting!
      I found it rather strange that neither the interviewer nor Stipe recognized the "there's more to life than books..." line as a lyric, not from an interview.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I don't see the parallel of REM with the Smiths at all. Never liked them. Glad Morrissey refused to kiss him. It would've been a kiss of death.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    11. g23
      g23
      Well, let's see... Jingly jangly guitar pop with sexually ambiguous frontmen with funny voices and strange lyrics... I've agreed for years that REM are America's answer to the Smiths.
      Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Hardly a new comparison and certainly not exclusive to you.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      That's just your opinion. I disagree. The Smiths were original. Anything else is just a cheap imitation, including REM.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      How would've one kiss hurt anybody? :crazy:
      • Like Like x 1
    15. g23
      g23
      I disagree with yours. REM were a great band at many points. But with all art, opinion is entirely subjective, and meaningless.
      • Like Like x 2
    16. g23
      g23
      Oh I know, hence my edited post. It was a turn of phrase, not an attempt at taking credit for a widespread opinion.
    17. gustavo
      gustavo
      they made a nice couple-- lots of chemistry
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      I love these photos of Morrissey. For a fleeting moment I felt 20 again...
      • Like Like x 1
    19. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      I can't agree with that. REM had a few good songs in the beginning, but compare them to the Smiths or Morrissey as a solo artist? No way. Stipe has never been sexually ambiguous, either.