Michael Jackson RIP

Leaving aside the Rumours, stories, and (Proven Innocent...in a court of LAW) accusations for a moment, can we just try to remember what a Fantastic Entertainer He was....
He has left behind some absolutely AMAZING songs ....The music world is a sadder place today for the loss...I, For one, am truly saddened by this news....
Rest In Peace Michael....your place in Musical history will NEVER Fade...

No bitching or sniping here, just a few general comments from a by-stander really...

He's looked very frail and all in recent years but wasn't expecting that. 50 is too young to go. It will, as others have said, take over from other massive news...

Started listening to some of his tunes about two years ago when I decided to get more serious about being a bassist. Stuff like Bad, Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal, Beat It was cool but most of all every bassist has got to know Get On the Floor. That's a challenge and a half and it's tunes like that lets the bassist get some of the limelight :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUP0qx94cw

Like him or not he was a very important figure in pop history.

(Ps - his back catalgoue has gone soaring up on iTunes. Remember Mozza's quote from the last Hotpress interview talking about how people like Bowie will kick the bucket in the next decade or so...)

have you got a link?

I was a huge fan of Michael's. Spent hours on end some days, even recently, watching his stage routines on Youtube and was mesmerised at his Grammy performance from '84 and the lightening speed of his moves. I'm tired of hearing people at works' 'hilarious' text jokes and I was so sad when I heard last night that I couldn't eat my supper. I was sad that I seemed to be the only person that quietly cared that he'd died today amongst the many people I encountered , I couldn't even be bothered to argue with these people. As a devout fan of Morrissey, I can only imagine how devastated his fans must feel. A true legend, I'm glad I was there to see it through the 80's. Arguably the greatest singer and dancer the world has ever seen. RIP Michael x

Ive read some shity nasty comments about mj's death but all i can say to that is when its morrisseys turn people will have a field day with piss takes so what comes around goes around! i can think of a few and iam a fan lol!

My son used to love him, listened to him all the time a few years ago. Copied his dance moves really well too...would spend doing that. He doesn't listen to him anymore, but
he's pretty sad about him dying.

just wondering :o now that he is dead can that kid he paid off tell what really happened?
i mean i think jacko did something wrong, likely even criminal
but he always struck me as sexually retarded, in a way, so i have some trouble seeing him as a predator :confused:

at the record company meeting
on their hands - a dead star
and oh, the plans they weave
and oh, the sickening greed

at the record company party
on their hands - a dead star
the sycophantic slags all say :
"i knew him first, and i knew him well"

re-issue ! Re-package ! Re-package !
Re-evaluate the songs
double-pack with a photograph
extra track (and a tacky badge)

a-list, playlist
"please them , please them !"
"please them !"
(sadly, this was your life)

but you could have said no
if you'd wanted to
you could have said no
if you'd wanted to

bpi, mtv, bbc
"please them ! Please them !"
(sadly this was your life)

but you could have said no
if you'd wanted to
you could have walked away
...couldn't you ?

I touched you at the soundcheck
you had no real way of knowing
in my heart i begged "take me with you ...
I don't care where you're going..."

but to you i was faceless
i was fawning, i was boring
just a child from those ugly new houses
who could never begin to know

who could never really know
oh ...

Best of ! Most of !
Satiate the need
slip them into different sleeves !
Buy both, and feel deceived

climber - new entry, re-entry
world tour ! ("media whore")
"please the press in belgium !"
(this was your life...)

and when it fails to recoup ?
Well, maybe :
You just haven't earned it yet, baby

i walked a pace behind you at the soundcheck
you're just the same as i am
what makes most people feel happy
leads us headlong into harm

so, in my bedroom in those 'ugly new houses'
i danced my legs down to the knees
but me and my 'true love'
will never meet again ...

At the record company meeting
on their hands - at last ! - a dead star !
But they can never taint you in my eyes
no, they can never touch you now

no, they cannot hurt you, my darling
they cannot touch you now
but me and my 'true love'
will never meet again

big...........huge.............yawn........

My son used to love him, listened to him all the time a few years ago. Copied his dance moves really well too...would spend doing that. He doesn't listen to him anymore, but
he's pretty sad about him dying.

And then you get sick bas@ards like that jukebox jury, making sick jokes:crazy:

I don't see anything funny about it.
He had a pretty tough life and I doubt
all the fame & $ made up for that...

it's been done before....it' doesn't prove much to me....been done lots of times by people trying to save their reputations..

now fox is saying a doctor who was with him injected some pain meds right before he
stopped breathing...& playing the 911 call...

He paid the kid $20 million to keep his trap shut. If you were innocent, would you pay someone $20 million just to go away?

If it happened to your child,would you accept a payment of 20 million, and tell your child he could never talk about it?

He paid the kid $20 million to keep his trap shut. If you were innocent, would you pay someone $20 million just to go away?

criminal charges surely terrified him and given his other insecurities he probably thought he would get convicted
like i said, i think michael did wrong, but what exactly we may not know until Evan Chandler(the kids father) is dead as well:straightface:
that may be the only way Jordan Chandler can speak freely...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child_sexual_abuse_accusations_against_Michael_Jackson

If it happened to your child,would you accept a payment of 20 million, and tell your child he could never talk about it?

No. But again, I can't imagine an innocent person parting with $20 million just to make a PR problem go away. Even for the wealthy, $20 million is an enormous sum of money. It's what you'd maybe grudgingly pay your ex-spouse, but a stranger who's falsely accusing you? Never.

Well, I'm not a fan but I'm not a hater. At least let's look on the bright side: now Paul McCartney has a chance to buy back the rights to the Beatles catalogue.

this is weird...EMT's said when they got there he had already been administered lidocaine and could tell that CPR had been done for 'some time', he was already dead, but the doctor who was w/MJ insisted they continue CPR...
why didn't the dr call 911 right away?

No. But again, I can't imagine an innocent person parting with $20 million just to make a PR problem go away. Even for the wealthy, $20 million is an enormous sum of money. It's what you'd maybe grudgingly pay your ex-spouse, but a stranger who's falsely accusing you? Never.

Well, I'm not a fan but I'm not a hater. At least let's look on the bright side: now Paul McCartney has a chance to buy back the rights to the Beatles catalogue.

But this was much more than a PR problem.....

Back
Top Bottom