Michael Jackson RIP

Yes Alan Cumming and Forbes Masson were so ahead of their time. I’m sure it was made in 1994. It was actually selling on eBay a couple of years ago for alot of £ but has been re-released and on Amazon etc for about a tenner now. Happy days.

Good to know there is another fan out there!

It was repeated on BBC4 recently - and my Mum introduced me to it. Loved it, and yes the theme tune was brilliant.
Struggled to fill the 30 mins sometimes though I felt.

My husband worked at Forbidden Planet (the comic book store) here in New York many, many years ago. Michael Jackson came in once with a young boy (maybe two), and asked my husband for any comic books about "children in peril." Apparently MJ was polite, soft-spoken, unpretentious and deferential.

MJ used to visit the downtown store quite often. He used the bathroom there several times; that john was on a par with CBGB's - absolutely vile (if Jackson was a germaphobe, he didn't let it stop him). The sad thing is that there was a nasty cartoon in that bathroom (drawn by the guys who worked there), a real "wacko Jacko" type of thing, that he never commented on, but that he couldn't have failed to noticed at some point.

I never cared for Michael Jackson's music, but he was clearly in great pain and out of his mind. It's always a terrible thing to see a public figure (literally) fall apart in slow motion, specially someone with real talent. RIP.

His image was childlike, the reality may have been far different. Years ago, my brother met someone who did concert/promotions business with MJ who said he was a tough bastard, completely different from this unicorns-and-pixie-dust act.

Back
Top Bottom