Michael Jackson RIP

Well, I'm not a fan but I'm not a hater. At least let's look on the bright side: now Paul McCartney has a chance to buy back the rights to the Beatles catalogue.

there was a story eariler this year that said Jacko would make a comeback and that he'd willed his share of the rights to Beatle songs back to Macca.

criminal charges surely terrified him and given his other insecurities he probably thought he would get convicted
like i said, i think michael did wrong, but what exactly we may not know until Evan Chandler(the kids father) is dead as well:straightface:
that may be the only way Jordan Chandler can speak freely...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_child_sexual_abuse_accusations_against_Michael_Jackson

"In the same conversation, when asked how this would affect his son, Chandler replied, "That's irrelevant to me...It will be a massacre if I don't get what I want."

What a piece of work he is...

in the 911 call the caller says 'he's slumped in a chair, he's not responding to anything'

you can't do cpr on a person in a chair!

i was listening to it. i think they said he was on a bed? it all sounds really fishy...

i heard that too. first he was on a bed, then they say slumped in a chair.
you can't do cpr on a person on a bed either. you need to get them on the floor. now cops can't find this doctor. definitly something fishy...
just heard the 911 call again, he's on a bed, w/a dr performing cpr-the 911 dispatcher has to tell
them to put him on the floor. somethings not right there.

Last edited:
i heard that too. first he was on a bed, then they say slumped in a chair.
you can't do cpr on a person on a bed either. you need to get them on the floor. now cops can't find this doctor. definitly something fishy...
just heard the 911 call again, he's on a bed, w/a dr performing cpr-the 911 dispatcher has to tell
them to put him on the floor. somethings not right there.

yeah and why didnt the doctor call? and the dispatcher asked if the doctor saw what happened and the guy is like "did you see what happened?" like..dont you think that wouldve been the FIRST thing he wouldve asked the doctor..."omg what happened?" ya know?

i dunno, its all really weird.

poor Michael. even his death can't escape controversy.

"In the same conversation, when asked how this would affect his son, Chandler replied, "That's irrelevant to me...It will be a massacre if I don't get what I want."

What a piece of work he is...

i remember actually hearing the recording at the time :straightface:
the dad really sounds like a total creep in it :cool:
there is like 0 feeling for what supposedly happened to his son :confused:
its all about getting michael for not giving him enough gifts and stuff
and boasting about how much he is going to get michael, but still acting like it still could all be averted, its extortion 101 as practiced by a dentist with time on his hands because he has almost no clients :rolleyes:
still, i think michael likely did something he should not have, but the details matter :thumb:
like i said, something about him always struck me as "psycho-sexual-social" retarded in his development
i just wonder any role something like that might have played
33.gif

mainly because i had a friend whose step-son was accused of molestation
but his step son is retarded and the cops often handle these things terribly :(

honestly, i think if michael had been handled much more gently then the truth would have come from him...

i remember actually hearing the recording at the time :straightface:
the dad really sounds like a total creep in it :cool:
there is like 0 feeling for what supposedly happened to his son :confused:
its all about getting michael for not giving him enough gifts and stuff
and boasting about how much he is going to get michael, but still acting like it still could all be averted, its extortion 101 as practiced by a dentist with time on his hands because he has almost no clients :rolleyes:
still, i think michael likely did something he should not have, but the details matter :thumb:
like i said, something about him always struck me as "psycho-sexual-social" retarded in his development
i just wonder any role something like that might have played
33.gif

mainly because i had a friend whose step-son was accused of molestation
but his step son is retarded and the cops often handle these things terribly :(

honestly, i think if michael had been handled much more gently then the truth would have come from him...

MJ always seemed so 'unsexual' to me...he was so childlike...

His image was childlike, the reality may have been far different. Years ago, my brother met someone who did concert/promotions business with MJ who said he was a tough bastard, completely different from this unicorns-and-pixie-dust act.

His image was childlike, the reality may have been far different. Years ago, my brother met someone who did concert/promotions business with MJ who said he was a tough bastard, completely different from this unicorns-and-pixie-dust act.

I guess you never really know a person until you 'really know them'....i don't
think we will ever know the truth..

LA Homocide is taking over the investigation into his death now....

Never was a very big fan but I did like a number of his songs.

I think this is very sad news.
R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
At the record company meeting
On their hands - a dead star
And oh, the plans they weave
And oh, the sickening greed

At the record company party
On their hands - a dead star
The sycophantic slags all say :
"I knew him first, and I knew him well"

Re-issue ! Re-package ! Re-package !
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra Track (and a tacky badge)

A-list, playlist
"Please them , please them !"
"Please them !"
(sadly, THIS was your life)

But you could have said no
If you'd wanted to
You could have said no
If you'd wanted to

BPI, MTV, BBC
"Please them ! Please them !"
(sadly this was your life)

But you could have said no
If you'd wanted to
You could have walked away
...Couldn't you ?

I touched you at the soundcheck
You had no real way of knowing
In my heart I begged "Take me with you ...
I don't care where you're going..."

But to you I was faceless
I was fawning, I was boring
Just a child from those ugly new houses
Who could never begin to know

Who could never really know
Oh ...

Best of ! Most of !
Satiate the need
Slip them into different sleeves !
Buy both, and feel deceived

Climber - new entry, re-entry
World tour ! ("media whore")
"Please the Press in Belgium !"
(THIS was your life...)

And when it fails to recoup ?
Well, maybe :
You just haven't earned it yet, baby

I walked a pace behind you at the soundcheck
You're just the same as I am
What makes most people feel happy
Leads us headlong into harm

So, in my bedroom in those 'ugly new houses'
I danced my legs down to the knees
But me and my 'true love'
Will never meet again ...

At the record company meeting
On their hands - at last ! - a dead star !
But they can never taint you in my eyes
No, they can never touch you now

No, they cannot hurt you, my darling
They cannot touch you now
But me and my 'true love'
Will never meet again

God I love that tune.

II was privileged to see him in Glasgow along with his brothers when they were the Jackson 5.
I was about 15/16 and he was about 17. I was not into his music at all having just discovered punk but I went with my friend to use up the ticket. It was a cabaret type show and I mostly sat with my arms crossed kindof bored. Then MJ sang 'Ben' and sang up to us all in the box we were in. And I was mesmerised, up on my feet shouting ' Michael I love you'. Neck!

He really had a powerful presence about him and I couldn’t believe I had just done that. But I am glad I saw for myself that brief glimpse of how things were to evolve.

I am not that sad that he has gone.. I think because he was gone a long time ago but I do feel for his fans and can imagine how they are feeling now.

No. But again, I can't imagine an innocent person parting with $20 million just to make a PR problem go away. Even for the wealthy, $20 million is an enormous sum of money. It's what you'd maybe grudgingly pay your ex-spouse, but a stranger who's falsely accusing you? Never.

Well, I'm not a fan but I'm not a hater. At least let's look on the bright side: now Paul McCartney has a chance to buy back the rights to the Beatles catalogue.

What I thought was strange was that back in January, Michael said that he'd left the Beatles catalogue in his will to Paul......did he know he was going to die before Paul? Paul is 17 years older than him.

Here's the link to the article; http://www.gigwise.com/article.php?id=48518&view=all#commentstop

and someone made this comment back in January "MJ is winding him up....PM will be 6 feet under by the time jackson leaves us"

He never wanted to grow old did he?Peter Pan and Neverland.

It does seem fishy.

II was privileged to see him in Glasgow along with his brothers when they were the Jackson 5.
I was about 15/16 and he was about 17. I was not into his music at all having just discovered punk but I went with my friend to use up the ticket. It was a cabaret type show and I mostly sat with my arms crossed kindof bored. Then MJ sang 'Ben' and sang up to us all in the box we were in. And I was mesmerised, up on my feet shouting ' Michael I love you'. Neck!

He really had a powerful presence about him and I couldn’t believe I had just done that. But I am glad I saw for myself that brief glimpse of how things were to evolve.

I am not that sad that he has gone.. I think because he was gone a long time ago but I do feel for his fans and can imagine how they are feeling now.
"Neck"! :lbf: That really make me laugh, great glasgow story! Out of interest what venue was it in?

p.s. Loving the High Life pic...!

"Neck"! :lbf: That really make me laugh, great glasgow story! Out of interest what venue was it in?

p.s. Loving the High Life pic...!

Haha – my whole life seems to have been an unending series of necks!!

I saw him at the Apollo Glasgow, now demolished.

Ah The High Life ... my favourite comedy ever.. and also the best theme tune.:guitar:

Haha – my whole life seems to have been an unending series of necks!!

I saw him at the Apollo Glasgow, now demolished.

Ah The High Life ... my favourite comedy ever.. and also the best theme tune.:guitar:
The Apollo, wow, I never knew they played there. Really good Jackson anecdote, you can dine out on that for ages now! You should have been on the Scottish news - I've seen all sorts of folk interviewed that have never been in a room with the man giving their opinion!!

(And yes The high Life is underrated genius - ahead of its time surely!)

for some reason, this MJ thing made me think of how fast news travels nowadays. for instance, i believe i read somewhere that moz wanted jobriath to support him on his 91 (or possibly 92?) tour, only to find out that he died nearly ten years earlier, in '83. obviously a story like michael jackson's death would travel further and faster than news of jobriath's passing, but still, that would never happen today.

The Apollo, wow, I never knew they played there. Really good Jackson anecdote, you can dine out on that for ages now! You should have been on the Scottish news - I've seen all sorts of folk interviewed that have never been in a room with the man giving their opinion!!

(And yes The high Life is underrated genius - ahead of its time surely!)

Mmm. Maybe dine out in Greggs..:lbf:

Yes The Scottish News indeed, I think it would have to be STV and the interview would go something like:

INTERVEIWER: So NothingwrongwithMJ, I see you’re wearing an MJ Tshirt. What’s your memories of Michael Jackson then?

ME: Extremely positive. But let me tell you about all the fantastic Morrissey gigs I have been to.
(whips off MJ T-shirt to reveal TQID T as the camera quickly pans to the weather man.)

Sorry been out in the sun too much today:).

Yes Alan Cumming and Forbes Masson were so ahead of their time. I’m sure it was made in 1994. It was actually selling on eBay a couple of years ago for alot of £ but has been re-released and on Amazon etc for about a tenner now. Happy days.

Good to know there is another fan out there!

Back
Top Bottom