Michael Farrell spotted in 'The Bullfighter Dies' promo video

As someone spotted on the 'Bullfighter Dies - full audio' thread, now that we have a pristine 1080p render of this short we can (just about) spot that it's the one and only Michael (Mikey V) Farrell on keys in the background. As confirmed here ~

http://www.catminoritymusic.com/

2014 Recording Projects...

The Morrissey promo was recorded at Capitol Studios A, home to Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, and other legendary artists. That's Phillip Dizack on the trumpet, me on the piano, and Steven Morrissey on vocals.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're telling me that a session musician who was a former employee of Morrissey and whose career consists of doing odd jobs for cash and who lives in the area this was filmed in sat in for a two minute promo clip?!

iBY3OfP.jpg

So you're telling me that a session musician who was a former employee of Morrissey and whose career consists of doing odd jobs for cash and who lives in the area this was filmed in sat in for a two minute promo clip?!

iBY3OfP.jpg

51285838.jpg

What do you do to earn a living?
It must be a thousand times less interesting than Mikey's career.
If it weren't, you wouldn't be belittling him.
Carry on.

What do you do to earn a living?
It must be a thousand times less interesting than Mikey's career.
If it weren't, you wouldn't be belittling him.
Carry on.

You're possibly the gayest person on here. And that's saying something.

First off, to answer your question, I work. As in work. Hard. Anathema to you, I'm sure.

Secondly, I wasn't belittling him. I like Farrell. He was an asset to Morrissey and he wrote Sweetie Pie. Enough said.

I was remarking on the un-newsworthiness in your boy Frady's post about Farrell being in the spoken word video. Big whoop. I'd rather be reading about what setlist Morrissey's just played. Oh wait...he cancelled his tour, because he's a little bitch who's lost the plot.

Oh. OK.

Pardon?
I didn't question whether you were employed or how hard you worked -- I just surmised that it must be boring as shite (now confirmed).
And I do think "whose career consists of doing odd jobs for cash" is belittling, but carry on.

I do agree that it's not front-page newsworthy. But you know what? That's OK, because I wouldn't have spotted it in the forums as I only frequent the main page. I like Mikey and I'm glad there's still some connection to Moz. Funny that he'd refer to him as "Steven Morrissey," though. Perhaps revenge for Morrissey adding the "V" to Mikey's name.

Great avatar of Gaz, btw.

First off, to answer your question, I work. As in work. Hard. Anathema to you, I'm sure.

Secondly, I wasn't belittling him. I like Farrell. He was an asset to Morrissey and he wrote Sweetie Pie. Enough said.

I was remarking on the un-newsworthiness in your boy Frady's post about Farrell being in the spoken word video. Big whoop. I'd rather be reading about what setlist Morrissey's just played. Oh wait...he cancelled his tour, because he's a little bitch who's lost the plot.

Oh. OK.

Pardon?
I didn't question whether you were employed or how hard you worked -- I just surmised that it must be boring as shite (now confirmed).
And I do think "whose career consists of doing odd jobs for cash" is belittling, but carry on.

I do agree that it's not front-page newsworthy. But you know what? That's OK, because I wouldn't have spotted it in the forums as I only frequent the main page. I like Mikey and I'm glad there's still some connection to Moz. Funny that he'd refer to him as "Steven Morrissey," though. Perhaps revenge for Morrissey adding the "V" to Mikey's name.

OK well all I was saying is that Farrell has made a career of being a behind the scenes session player. I wasn't denigrating his talent or mocking him as a person. I enjoyed his tenure in Moz's band. "Doing odd jobs for cash" was just a simple way of saying he's a hired hand. Personally I think he's capable of better aspirations.

You're possibly the gayest person on here...
he's a little bitch...

Skylarker on Mad Men (elsewhere on this site): "I have a tendency to write off anything new as being crap...which is a stupid impulse".

Name-calling is also a stupid, infantile impulse - perhpas you could do something about that too?

Sweetie Pie is nothing to hang your hat on. I agree with everything else you write though.

Sweetie pie is , i think , a great track . The soundscape collage and the inventive backing vocals were a real musical departure for moz to put lyrics to , and i belive took a while to bring it all together . Also the mikey remix with just piano n vocals is also really good and highlights a simple but heartfelt lyric. Would have been nice to have got a bit more from them ... maybe we will. Saying that Gustavo seems like a pretty talented guy .... bring back pooley i say ....joke.

Pardon?

Unless you want to know who is gay and why, there really is no point conversing on the forum with some of the regulars. A few of them seem obsessed with the subject. See now you know you're the gayest person on here according to one of them. Useful information huh?

The rest of them are quite good to talk to and intelligent.

Last edited:

Oh. OK.

Sometimes you're just stupid.

I gotta say I love Skylarker and Viva Hate.

What a couple.

They post shit all over the place and it makes this shitty website even more shittier than it already was.

Great job!

You guys turned this pile of shit of a website into a giant cesspool with a view. Brilliant!

King Leer and Joe Frady are two of the most consistently positive, interesting, insightful and just plain decent folks on here, and two of the reasons I stick with Solo.

Best to ya fellas.

:)

Unless you want to know who is gay and why, there really is no point conversing on the forum with some of the regulars. A few of them seem obsessed with the subject. See now you know you're the gayest person on here according to one of them. Useful information huh?

The rest of them are quite good to talk to and intelligent.

Until they say something negative about your fan made single covers...:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom