Mexrrissey Transforms Morrissey Songs Into Mexican Pop Anthems - LA Weekly

Mike sends the link:

Mexrrissey Transforms Morrissey Songs Into Mexican Pop Anthems - LA Weekly

Excerpt:

The group thought the hardest challenge would be to make the lyrics sound authentically Mexican, but that came more easily than they expected. Lara sees cultural similarities between the British and Mexicans: "We share melodramatic, we share the drama, we share black humor, so it was a matter of putting/changing these small details of our everyday life that Morrissey talks about in his lyrics and looking for tiny Mexican details that can apply to that." If Morrissey had truly been born Mexican, for example, "He would love telenovelas," says Lara, "because he already loves melodrama, clearly."

The infatuation Mexican fans have with Moz carries a historical significance in Lara's eyes. He believes they became attached to Moz because, after the culture of zoot suits and pachucos, in the late '70s "Mexicans were really hungry for a fashion statement. And they found Morrissey, this beautiful, super-stylish, 2.0 rockabilly star, which was perfect for them, so they adopted him."

Related item:

"He was a migrant; he moved from Ireland to England, so he did the same thing we have done."

This is news.

Morrissey is as English as roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. As British as holidaying by the sea.

"Born in Davyhulme, Lancashire to a working-class Irish migrant family" seems to be what they are referring to.

If that is the case they should have said it, if only in the service of accuracy.

Nice leather shoes.

I know most of you are not Americans and don't understand Morrissey's simple marketing strategy. The Mexicans in California and that travel to the Vegas show are where 90% of Morrissey's income is coming from. Travel to Kazakatstain or Higginsbottomtownshire or stay at home in LA and book 5 straight sell outs? It's simple.

TMMG has fed the Mexicans that Morrissey was an (Irish Catholic) "immigrant" to England just like they are "immigrants" well, mostly illegal aliens to the USA and Morrissey grew up a "poor factory worker" just like the Mexicans in California, when in actuality Morrissey had traveled and seen more of the USA before he was 18 then a lot of Americans and was not raised poor. It is really ironic that Morrissey refuses to tour Mexico, and Mexicans still love him. I did notice that the NYE concert was split 50/50 between Whites and Mexicans. Maybe it is changing or it was because the tickets were so expensive.

Viva Saint Patrick's Battalion! Anonymous-

"He was a migrant; he moved from Ireland to England, so he did the same thing we have done."

This is news.

Morrissey is as English as roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. As British as holidaying by the sea.

'Britain' doesn't hold the patent on holidaying by the sea.

That would probably explain why I didn't claim they did.

To tell you the truth, I really like the Mexrrissey music. You're probably going to make some bad comment first, but maybe you should listen and learn first.

If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

Lens, France, Jun 16th, 2016

To tell you the truth, I really like the Mexrrissey music. You're probably going to make some bad comment first, but maybe you should listen and learn first.

No, I'm waiting for the Raqqa Youth Orchestra's version of Come Back To Ramadan, but thanks all the same.

Any want to start a Change.org petition to get these folks to be Morrissey's backing band? I think that would kick his career out of the doldrums.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom