Mexico ! Mexico ! My heart’s lighthouse - Morrissey Central (26th Nov.)

"How do I begin to thank Mexico for - once again - giving us such a magnificent time ? And when my thanks begin, how do they stop?
You are the best audiences in the world, and you give me life. Ahora mi corazon esta lleno!"

Morrissey
25 Noviembre 2018

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/mexico-mexico-my-heart-s-lighthouse

Below the post are a few pictures:

Photographs of Morrissey in Mexico City 2018, photographer unknown.

0_yd5n1i.jpg
0-1_xga8op.jpg

0-4_uwdbmq.jpg

Re: Unknown photographer/s.
The 2 pictures used of Morrissey appear to be crops of pictures by Cesar Vicuña and Lulú Urdapilleta and both pictures are displayed here (with sources) in the article header post for the National Auditorium gig on the 22nd.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Awesome ! :thumb:

Those are great photos, anyone have more info on that beer ? strange.

I thought I recalled his use of the lighthouse phrase and yes, the memory bank is functioning today:

(TTY)
5 July 2013

Metal Peru

I am humbled beyond belief by the reception here in Lima, Peru, and also by the ongoing welcome. For me, it is incredible - once more. If Chile, Argentina and Brazil are as giving, I shall ask no more and die happy. Peru, Peru - my heart's lighthouse.

Morrissey

Regards,
FWD.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah uncleskinny, they don’t get the internet there.

Awesome ! :thumb:

Those are great photos, anyone have more info on that beer ? strange.
Mando has posted a couple of IG stories in Mexico tagged as 'bootlegs' - one of the beer posted a couple of times here and one of shirts:

46125416_493802671127303_6846190468046661813_n.jpg

So best guess: bootleg Corona-like beer sold at the gigs?
Regards,
FWD.

Yes beer sold at a few of the 50+ unofficial vendors outside the Mexico auditorium

Official merchandise stand was tiny since presumably no point! T shirts outside were 4-5$

I thought I recalled his use of the lighthouse phrase and yes, the memory bank is functioning today:

(TTY)
5 July 2013

Metal Peru

I am humbled beyond belief by the reception here in Lima, Peru, and also by the ongoing welcome. For me, it is incredible - once more. If Chile, Argentina and Brazil are as giving, I shall ask no more and die happy. Peru, Peru - my heart's lighthouse.

Morrissey

Regards,
FWD.

Next week's headline: "British singer Morrissey hospitalized for having too many lighthouses in his heart."

Mexico, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, some of the best places in the world.
Some great football too.
Has the Superclasico been played yet?

Mexico, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, some of the best places in the world.
Some great football too.
Has the Superclasico been played yet?
No, unfortunately, there were some sweet and tender hooligans on the way.

Now My Heart is Full... of Lighthouses.

Translation - "Thanks for being one of the few places I can tour and make money where you haven't heard of my idiotic right-wing baloney"

You really are a sanctimonious prick. Why don’t you carry on with butchering Jam classics.

Translation - "Thanks for being one of the few places I can tour and make money where you haven't heard of my idiotic right-wing baloney"

So... Explain to me, im very interested in that information... Enlighten us

away and empty your piggy bank and bid for some of johnny marrs shit paper from thirty years on the omega auctions,then again your tongue might still be attached

Meanwhile, anticipation grows in Canada for his return.

It almost comes across as a form of begging, but it's really just pandering upon the realization that he needs every ass in a seat that he can get.

It's difficult to take anything Morrissey says at this point as sincere; especially when he says it with such overwrought pretense.

away and empty your piggy bank and bid for some of johnny marrs shit paper from thirty years on the omega auctions,then again your tongue might still be attached
The cultists always have to go at Johnny Marr, like it matters.

Extolling Mexico to put two photographs out there showing his -look at me I've lost some weight- next narcissistic career move. Transparent.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom