Mexico City, Mexico - Sports Palace (Mar. 31, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Let Me Kiss You / Jack The Ripper / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provided by setlist.fm.

• Fans no, ¡son los músicos de Morrisey! - Grupo Reforma. Video news report includes short interview with Jesse and Gustavo. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo from @oyeivan / Twitter:

39828_mexico_city_merch.jpg

Last edited:
Mexicans are 30 years behind the rest of the world . D Mode , Cure , Erasure all get HUGE crowds , as did oasis etc .
He still cant sell out the big venue in his birth town .
Flaco,
i do enjoy reading ur posts; no sugar coating...just facts, some sad truths others (myself included), wished weren't.
but Erasure? huge? seen them 3 or 4 Xs here in FL. Andy lives here in SoBeach; started last tour here..but MAYBE 25% of the draw DM or cure, and throw in readiohead (that also like to start tours here). and people in miami...for most part...don't know of most of these bands. Everyone I know either never heard of or "hate" radiohead; as ususal, and prefferably mind you, i go to gigs alone...my wife i took to echo and the bunnymen in the late 80's, and thinks most concerts will be "like them"...(it was an awesome show).
and while on the DM topic; touring this year on their usual every 4yr schedule. Dave IS one of the few really great front men. the dude still commands the stage and must burn thousands of calories during each show. seen each tour back to violator every show played in FL.
the cure played 2 soldout shows june 2016; went to both; another band of real talented musicians, ampitheatre prob 10-12 thousand?
no, Moz can't hold a candle to them really when it comes to length of shows, energy radiating from stage, various setlists; cure played half a different show on second night.
but one thing DM or cure can't do... give me a hand shake, eye to eye contact (i think), and i can't hand dave, martin, or robert a momento..a book or a pin, etc.
anyhoo...cheers bro.
tony

That's nothing compared to some eighties, recently reformed indieband filling up stadiums up to 60.000 in UK, eh?
This strategical shot is of course avoiding all the blind spots and the black curtains, no?
In the eyes of the psychopaths Moz is, has to be, a has been, unpopular and if he is popular, those who go to see him are deluded of course.
Especially if it is in Mexico or any other "exotic" country.
Why do I get the impression they don't want him to be popular, they want him to be the unknown culthero, only they can appreciate.

Yeah I think it's more to annoy us regular posters than any feelings they might have about morrissey. I just thought it a lot of people myself. Nice candid photo by mrs boz

Mexicans are 30 years behind the rest of the world . D Mode , Cure , Erasure all get HUGE crowds , as did oasis etc .
He still cant sell out the big venue in his birth town .
What a spasm. Moz, DM, The Cure are bloody great. Same for New Order and Suede and Pixies. Mexico sounds like a great place. Mexicans look great and a lot seem to have fantastic taste in music. Top food too.

I wonder how much money Moz pockets for himself after selling out a 20K capacity venue. Just wondering. I mean thats impressive for a guy who gets zero airplay and is hated by so many numbnuts (but loved by the right people) and doesn't have a record deal. He consistently draws big crowds. He must be raking it in.

Quando were you there? You jammy git! (thats a term of friendship by the way).

I know Acton, much appreciated! :o
Unfortunately I wasn't there.
Wish I was.

I saw the man 4 times in my life and it made a big impression on me. There is a lot of critism possible, as on any popstar or human being, and certainly on his statements when it comes to animal welfare. He gets so emotional and saying these outrageous things because he gets very angry and wants to hit back.

But his music, his lyrics are still second to none as WPINOYB and his touring proved. To me that is.
Of course we can critisise the set lists but there isn't still any other musician who can make such an impressive, daring, touching and funny impact on his audience, or at least his fans.

I am glad to have had that experience.
I totally agree with what you said about Mexico.
The point with the haters is, they don't come up with any other music or popstar that they are enthusiastic about, or when they name a few it's really laughable and no competition for Moz.

I don't really think they mean it.
It is more they feel very irritated about fans who appreciate him.
And sharing them all together as Mozbots, deluded and the rest.
Well you know.
Cheers Acton ! :thumb:

Exactly. It was obviously sarcasm with the massive crowd picture that preceded it.
I would say sarcasm can often whoosh past when there are both haters and fans (and hater fans) on a message board like this.
Don't forget the huge number of non-native English speakers on here, too.

In this case, the reply was just a knee-jerk reaction. Mozmal could've removed any ambiguity with a nice emoji, but then who likes those f***ing things?

That's how I read it as well. Was a great turn out for someone who some people and record companies reckon is past his sell by date.

Cure sell out arenas all over the world. Oasis sold out Wembley three times on what would be their last tour. These are huge bands in any country, you bigot.
The Cure played last summer in Vancouver to a small, half-asleep crowd. Really not what they used to get back in the 80's. There is an expiration date for everything.

I wonder what's made the Jackson-esque bandaids return?
Regards,
FWD.

The Cure played last summer in Vancouver to a small, half-asleep crowd. Really not what they used to get back in the 80's. There is an expiration date for everything.
That's just like, your opinion, maaaaaan. I saw them in California, and Washington state over the course of 3 days, and 18,000 in CA, 12,500 in WA seemed very alert and happy to see them. I thought they sounded pretty great.

Can we all just agree that it's great that these bands are still playing? That's pretty cool. Besides, expiration dates come for us all. Usually when the heart stops beating.

Yet they played at Wembley as well... Just like in their heyday.

To me their heyday was 1989 Prayer Tour for Disintegration. What a concert that was (Dublin, 2nd night).
You're probably right. I was four in 1989, so obviously I wasn't there, but that album...f*** me. It's nearly perfection.

I reckon they play the same songs for decades so that the band doesn't have to actually wake up to go on stage. They have a nice snoozefest as their memory foam guitars do all the work, allowing them to get shitfaced on ale every night after the loud cheers at the end wake them up. Now if they could only stop Moz from singing they could catch some serious Zzzzzzs on stage.

I reckon they play the same songs for decades so that the band doesn't have to actually wake up to go on stage. They have a nice snoozefest as their memory foam guitars do all the work, allowing them to get shitfaced on ale every night after the loud cheers at the end wake them up. Now if they could only stop Moz from singing they could catch some serious Zzzzzzs on stage.

Reckon all you like Acco ! The fact is they're a shithole backing band full stop.
Well done Martin !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom